Home

Too many slider sets

This is a discussion on Too many slider sets within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Too many slider sets

How is anyone supposed to choose which set to use as a base when there are like 80 different sets? Surely after all this time, it has to be narrowed down to just 2 or 3.

In Your own opinion... Who's set do you think plays the most realistic, and would be the best base set. Please choose one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 18
Re: Too many slider sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
How is anyone supposed to choose which set to use as a base when there are like 80 different sets? Surely after all this time, it has to be narrowed down to just 2 or 3.

In Your own opinion... Who's set do you think plays the most realistic, and would be the best base set. Please choose one.

i was playing with playmakers. thats a good base set.

but i switched to SalutationsNJ zero thres sliders.(his are working great for me)

depends on what level you want to play on.

Playmers=varsity NJ=heisman

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

The simple reason there are so many sets is because there are so many playing styles, and people have different strengths and weaknesses. You really have to read about each one and try them out, then tweak it until it fits your own style. There is no magical slider set that makes it perfect for every person. This gets especially tricky when designing one for an OD, as there are 12 people involved. You have to cater towards the common denominator. For instance I like a very tough CPU and human running game with a bit softer passing game, but I have had to make adjustments to the sliders to meet the needs of other members as well as I can.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Playmakers for Varsity, SN for AA
Old 08-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofax
The simple reason there are so many sets is because there are so many playing styles, and people have different strengths and weaknesses. You really have to read about each one and try them out, then tweak it until it fits your own style. There is no magical slider set that makes it perfect for every person. This gets especially tricky when designing one for an OD, as there are 12 people involved. You have to cater towards the common denominator. For instance I like a very tough CPU and human running game with a bit softer passing game, but I have had to make adjustments to the sliders to meet the needs of other members as well as I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Playmakers for Varsity, SN for AA
Before I say anything let me make one thing clear, I also have a slider set posted. Now I strongly disagree with what everyone has said so far. the reason there are so many slider sets is because no one including myself has come even remotely close to creating a sim gaming experience. And for you to say that Playmakers and sports nations sliders are good is just not right. Yea playmakers has an excellent base slider set but without major tweaks any experienced gamer can put up 70+ with his set. and As for sportsNations sliders his passing game is absolutely horrible. he's got defensive lineman flying up in the air picking off passes left and right hes got defensive backs running routs 6-9 yards ahead of the receiver so I dont know why you are promoting those because IMO the closest sliders to sim are ORAEONS or FOOTBALLFOREVER's sliders. game styles have nothing to do with football because if you are playing sim football the only "gamestyle" that should come into play is what playbook you are usinh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

lbowbb2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike32v2
Before I say anything let me make one thing clear, I also have a slider set posted. Now I strongly disagree with what everyone has said so far. the reason there are so many slider sets is because no one including myself has come even remotely close to creating a sim gaming experience. And for you to say that Playmakers and sports nations sliders are good is just not right. Yea playmakers has an excellent base slider set but without major tweaks any experienced gamer can put up 70+ with his set. and As for sportsNations sliders his passing game is absolutely horrible. he's got defensive lineman flying up in the air picking off passes left and right hes got defensive backs running routs 6-9 yards ahead of the receiver so I dont know why you are promoting those because IMO the closest sliders to sim are ORAEONS or FOOTBALLFOREVER's sliders. game styles have nothing to do with football because if you are playing sim football the only "gamestyle" that should come into play is what playbook you are usinh
Well said. Ive been getting way too many TFL as well. I hope Madden is better sim football than NCAA this year. I really dont think NCAA has been as good this year as it has been in the past.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
CPT
Banned

CPT's Arena

How do you choose?

My advice would be create your own. What works for me (time consuming but productive) is as follows.
  • enter practice mode with a team you a are familiar with
  • choose a handful of plays and run those plays over, and over, and over.....analyzing the replays and noticing what you do and do not like and figure out if you can adjust that with sliders.....(do so) and run it again....etc
  • repeat until you see animations you like and (to you) experience what feels like football.
  • switch sides of the ball and do the same.
This takes maybe and hour or two.....or you can spend hours trying a set designed by someone else who may have entirely different goals than you do.

just my $.02
Old 08-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I agree with CPT in the fact that I tried others and it seemed like it took me more time to decide if I should tweak on these base sliders or just start from scratch and make my own.

There are some sliders like QBA that most people have within a 10 point range so I start in that range. If most slider sets have a slider within a small range then there is probably a reason for that but when you have ranges that have more than a 15 to 20 point swing, you probably gonna have to bite the bullet and test test test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »