Home

Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Default Sliders

I don't know if there has been a post out there yet, if there has been there hasn't been much posts on it. Is anyone out there using plain old default sliders? I was a big fan of NHL last year and it seemed we were CONSTANTLY adjusting sliders due to the tuner updates. This may be the same way with this game. I've played a few sliders and liked what I saw, but can never decide on one and enjoy the game.

Please post stats/level if you have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Default Sliders

I am on default Heisman and enjoying the game. I tried a slider set, but still wasn't 100% satisfied with some things. Figured I'd just go to default Heisman and run with it. I'm having a blast so far.

I've found that recently, sports games that I play on default (or 1-2 minor tweaks) get far more playing time from me than games where I'm always looking to tweak sliders. MLB The Show, NHL 10, NBA 2K10 and NCAA 11 I've kept all near default (difficulty levels vary for each game) and they receive the most playing time out of my gaming library.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
Pro

bpete07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I am on default Heisman and enjoying the game. I tried a slider set, but still wasn't 100% satisfied with some things. Figured I'd just go to default Heisman and run with it. I'm having a blast so far.

I've found that recently, sports games that I play on default (or 1-2 minor tweaks) get far more playing time from me than games where I'm always looking to tweak sliders. MLB The Show, NHL 10, NBA 2K10 and NCAA 11 I've kept all near default (difficulty levels vary for each game) and they receive the most playing time out of my gaming library.
I agree, the fact that all these tuner sets are based on default settings makes it impossible to find a good tuner set.

What threshold are you playing on? 50% default?
Old 08-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I play default heisman with only 1-2 tweaks here and there (cpu pass coverage, cpu qb accuracy) and have my threshold at 40.

I had my speed threshold at 0 but it seemed like the cpu players were so much faster then my players. I liked the idea of getting separation but my players were getting juked and embarrassed left and right by the cpu but I had trouble doing anything, they just felt so much faster then me.

40 seems about right for me. The players still feel fast and the fast players get separation from the slow players but I'm not seeing players burned on every play like at 0.

And I hate messing with sliders which is why I try keeping the sliders as close to default as possible. I think people get too caught up in sliders. I love MLB the Show because I never have to adjust sliders and it is refreshing. Sliders can become overwhelming.

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 08-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Pro

bpete07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I play default heisman with only 1-2 tweaks here and there (cpu pass coverage, cpu qb accuracy) and have my threshold at 40.

I had my speed threshold at 0 but it seemed like the cpu players were so much faster then my players. I liked the idea of getting separation but my players were getting juked and embarrassed left and right by the cpu but I had trouble doing anything, they just felt so much faster then me.

40 seems about right for me. The players still feel fast and the fast players get separation from the slow players but I'm not seeing players burned on every play like at 0.

And I hate messing with sliders which is why I try keeping the sliders as close to default as possible. I think people get too caught up in sliders. I love MLB the Show because I never have to adjust sliders and it is refreshing. Sliders can become overwhelming.
I know what you mean, I've had this game for 3 weeks and haven't gotten to really enjoy it because of slideridis. And, in the back of my mind I keep thinking about the NHL tuners that kept coming out and ever few weeks having to go through and adjust sliders. IMO the tuner sets play off the default settings, so rather then tweaking I think the closest you are to default, the better.

Looking through the Heisman sets, Matt10 or Footballforever seem to be closest to default (although FF has 0 threshold)

What exact adjustments do you use and can you post a game or 2 worth of stats? The other big thing this year is slow or normal gamespeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 18

@ bpete07, have you been using default. if so, how is it. easy, hard, what?

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Pro

bpete07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Dude29
@ bpete07, have you been using default. if so, how is it. easy, hard, what?

I just played a game on All American default and beat OK State 30-0 and held them under 100 yards....too easy obviously.

I looked through a few of the slider sets on here, I want to have a challenge on Heisman and Matt10's look to be pretty close to default with minor tweeks so I'm trying that one out as we speak. PLaying Missouri with Nebraska - up 14-7 at half time
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
I just played a game on All American default and beat OK State 30-0 and held them under 100 yards....too easy obviously.

I looked through a few of the slider sets on here, I want to have a challenge on Heisman and Matt10's look to be pretty close to default with minor tweeks so I'm trying that one out as we speak. PLaying Missouri with Nebraska - up 14-7 at half time
ok cool, do u think close to default is better than ones far away from default.( cpu plays better,smarter,etc.)???

in real life, i think the cornhuskers win against mizzou but it would be a tough game.
so, that would be cool if that happends in your game.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks

Last edited by Carolina Dude29; 08-08-2010 at 06:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »