Home

Reason for Lowering Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Reason for Lowering Speed Threshold within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2
Reason for Lowering Speed Threshold

For those that do this, what is your justification? Why do you personally feel it is necessary? I'm genuinely curious as I haven't tinkered with this at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Reason for Lowering Speed Threshold

because the older more experienced players like Mark Ingram are alot faster than a freshman right out of high school. lets be honest, a freshman cornerback is probably a little bit slower than a heisman winner. and thats why i do it, its more realistic to me and is actually an advantage.
BOSTON CELTICS
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonpride93
because the older more experienced players like Mark Ingram are alot faster than a freshman right out of high school. lets be honest, a freshman cornerback is probably a little bit slower than a heisman winner. and thats why i do it, its more realistic to me and is actually an advantage.
I'm pretty sure the speed threshold has NOTHING to do with age/experience. I thought it just magnified the difference between players' speed ratings. Assuming that is true, if a Freshman corner has a higher speed rating than Ingram, then that difference in speed will be taken to a more extreme level if you have the speed threshold set low... zero to do with age/experience.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
this is same with me. i like a lower threshold because i like a 97 speed guy to be a big advantage. but as for experienced players being faster. i dont know. i got this freshman thats a 95 spd. and 92 acc. lot faster than some other juinors and seniors.

Carolina Panthers
UNC Tar Heels
SC Gamecocks
Old 08-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

CR Shepard's Arena

For me it helps to seperate the elite teams from the rest of the pack. IMO having a higher speed threshold tends to even the playing field. If Florida has a bunch of speed on their team I want that to show itself when I am playing them. By lowering the threshold better players will achieve seperation and maybe score or go for longer gains a couple of times more a game which will result in a more realistic outcome, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

IMO, 0 threshhold is the only way to play this game, otherwise you have 45 spd DT's running down 97 speed TB's from behind.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Age shouldn't have anything to do with it.
I'm 40 and I seriously doubt I'm faster than a college freshman cornerback. Maybe to the buffet table I am but not on the field.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I think if you are playing with a dominant team, and you want a challenge, bumping it up to 65-70 is the way to go. I am using a created team based off Alabama's roster and I just went 7-5 and had some pretty reasonable stats with my slider settings.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »