Home

Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Read Option w/Sliders Question

I have been using Silent Nature's sliders, then tried a custom, then tried someone else's off this board (can't remember who's) and I have the same reoccuring problem, the read-option / triple-option is always for a TFL in the backfield, even by teams like Marshall.

Does anyone know of a set of sliders that works or the specific slider that can be tuned, so that the gameplay is realistic still but the read option and other option plays are still effective? I find Pryor getting tackled in the backfield by the backside tackle a lot and even if I do read it right and the tackle goes by he'll turn around and get me, or the entire defense picks up on the play and swarms to me 3 yards in the backfield. Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Read Option w/Sliders Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahughes53
I have been using Silent Nature's sliders, then tried a custom, then tried someone else's off this board (can't remember who's) and I have the same reoccuring problem, the read-option / triple-option is always for a TFL in the backfield, even by teams like Marshall.

Does anyone know of a set of sliders that works or the specific slider that can be tuned, so that the gameplay is realistic still but the read option and other option plays are still effective? I find Pryor getting tackled in the backfield by the backside tackle a lot and even if I do read it right and the tackle goes by he'll turn around and get me, or the entire defense picks up on the play and swarms to me 3 yards in the backfield. Thanks for any help.
This probaly won't help but if you switch to player lock on the rb and just snap the ball no control it can work on occasion.Of course im a coach moder so that may not be any fun for you.I been getting a more realistic running game switching to player lock on the ball carrier.Just thought i'd stick my two cents in.good luck hope you find a way to make it work.
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

CPU Run Defense slider is too high most likely. That is the slider that affects how quickly the computer is in your backfield and sniffing out your play. Unfortunately, I have found in order to have realistic CPU defense when running under the center plays the RUN DEFENSE slider needs to be turned up quite a bit. Thus, hurting your ability to run Read Option.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I really do not have a problem with it. I will rip off a big run every now and then with my QB, but hes not all that fast so I give it quite a bit and I tend to get solid yeards, especially late in the game

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »