Home

Slider to stop long fg's ?

This is a discussion on Slider to stop long fg's ? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Slider to stop long fg's ?

Is there anyway to stop the ai attempting field goals of longer than 60 yards ? I'm on heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Slider to stop long fg's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
Is there anyway to stop the ai attempting field goals of longer than 60 yards ? I'm on heisman.
There sure is.....don't play on Heisman.

Seriously though, lowering FG Power on Varsity to 20 has helped in that area. Then again, the nonsense and shenanigans that occur on Heisman don't happen on Varsity.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

I knew someone was going to say don't play on heisman.

Does lowering field goal power really stop them on heisman though as i reduced it to 30 and they still went for a 60 yearder.

Also on varsity do you really get challenged without changing the sliders around a lot ? With the tuners coming out weekly I just want to play as close to default as possible to stop having to mess with things all the time and i'm not sure varsity can offer the challenge.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

I have it on 0 for the computer and the kicker for Georgia Tech still made it from 50 and with room to spare.Probably would of made it from 55. This is after the latest patch also,but I have seen more punting now instead of teams trying long field goals which is nice.This is on All American.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

Why wasn't FG power and 60 yard attempts by the CPU addressed with the 2nd patch? Do the developers not see this, or is there no way to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't think there is any fix for it. I had the slider for FG Length at 35 for cpu and they tried a 58 yarder that came up 5 yards short. I didn't see this on AA as I've played most of my games there. I think this is an AI issue on Heisman alone.

J-Unit - Heisman actually plays very well this year. It's certainly harder but with slider tweaks I don't see any cheap crap. It's too easy for people to take shots at Heisman based on one bad experience in the past. Most of the time people don't really know what they are talking about. The cpu is too blitz happy on Heisman but I do think it plays the best right now after the second patch broke the cpu running game on AA.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I have it on 0 for the computer and the kicker for Georgia Tech still made it from 50 and with room to spare.Probably would of made it from 55. This is after the latest patch also,but I have seen more punting now instead of teams trying long field goals which is nice.This is on All American.
After further testing 15 is what I use now for both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »