Home

Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
I'm sure 584 yrds passing is realistic for 44 completions.
Yea I mean I moved the ball all game long and I was running the no huddle air raid offense. I completed 44 of 68 passes on the day and had a couple long passes.

Trust me it's not the norm and I think I play about as sim as they come.

My passing stats per game:

ASU: 27/45 for 295 yds
WSU: 16/23 for 229 yds
USC: 14/20 for 273 (Had a 95-yard TD pass)
UCLA: 44/68 for 584 yds
Stanford: 26/49 for 309 yds
Washington: 22/36 for 350 yds
Cal: 18/24 for 178 yds
Oregon: 20/29 for 287 yds
Oregon St.: 21/33 for 319 yds
New Mexico: 20/33 for 227 yds
Florida: 12/18 for 199 yds
Nevada: 20/33 for 193 yds

I think that's pretty legit with one game where I chucked the ball around.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #34
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Looks good to me.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

These sliders are a good start but one thing I noticed... the lack of penalties. I just played a game with 0 penalties the entire game. I think facemask, holding, and clipping all need to be at 55. There is a noticeable difference with them at 55, and while it may seem like you get too many penalties... you don't really. the average CFB team average around 5-6 penalties per game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...lties-per-game

Aside from that, I found it way too easy to run and stop the run (although I've only played one game with them, so I'll have to give it another shot). I played at Michigan State vs. Oklahoma State and won 42-10, and Oklahoma State is supposed to be a slightly better team. Stopping the run may be because I had my gameplan set to jump the snap, so maybe I'll leave it alone next time. But I ran all over them with both of my top running backs. I had over 300 yards on the ground. The passing game worked almost perfectly, imo. I was something like 13-18 with one TD, and they were something like 23-38 with one pick (they had to throw a lot because they were behind the whole game). But like I said, the game played fairly well and I'll just have to tweak it to find settings that work for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #36
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Anyone noticing this, the cpu attempting 56 to 63 yard fg's. I doubt they fix this, since it only happens on the Heisman level. This alone makes the game unplayable. I actually think the game has a ton of potential. Where's the strategy when cpu attempts unmakable fg's. It's pretty bad when the announcers talk about them having no chance, and then they miss short by 10 yards. It boogles my mind that EA doesn't have a group of guys actually PLAY the game before releasing it. I can some what understand the depth chart issues and problems that happen years down the line, but something this obvious and common in gameplay is just lazy to me. Hell, wait and release it, you're not even competing against anyone. That alone may be the reason we are all posting in the first place.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #37
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
These sliders are a good start but one thing I noticed... the lack of penalties. I just played a game with 0 penalties the entire game. I think facemask, holding, and clipping all need to be at 55. There is a noticeable difference with them at 55, and while it may seem like you get too many penalties... you don't really. the average CFB team average around 5-6 penalties per game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...lties-per-game

Aside from that, I found it way too easy to run and stop the run (although I've only played one game with them, so I'll have to give it another shot). I played at Michigan State vs. Oklahoma State and won 42-10, and Oklahoma State is supposed to be a slightly better team. Stopping the run may be because I had my gameplan set to jump the snap, so maybe I'll leave it alone next time. But I ran all over them with both of my top running backs. I had over 300 yards on the ground. The passing game worked almost perfectly, imo. I was something like 13-18 with one TD, and they were something like 23-38 with one pick (they had to throw a lot because they were behind the whole game). But like I said, the game played fairly well and I'll just have to tweak it to find settings that work for me.
I never set Aggressive

I prefer lack of penalties over huge penalties on big plays due to very, very late flags. I will probably move holding to 55...but clipping...big no. That is a rare call.

Also, stopping a spread team running the football is always going to be easier than a team like USC or Wisconsin.

I just freakin' lost to Washington with my Arizona squad, 28-25.

Too many Def TDs for my taste, but oh well.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I never set Aggressive

I prefer lack of penalties over huge penalties on big plays due to very, very late flags. I will probably move holding to 55...but clipping...big no. That is a rare call.

Also, stopping a spread team running the football is always going to be easier than a team like USC or Wisconsin.

I just freakin' lost to Washington with my Arizona squad, 28-25.

Too many Def TDs for my taste, but oh well.
What up Stew,

You'll see that if you have RB ability set too high for human, it turns into a defensive TD festival. Literally every time I picked off a pass it was a pick 6 if I had RB ability over 50 because it effects whoever has the ball.

Also, I think Run Blocking is more important for the AI running game, so I am not sure you need it at 75 for AI if blocking is high enough.

I'm having a bit of difficulty really getting the AI rushing game going though, but I am trying lower human tackle and rush defense and keeping the AI RBA at default.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #39
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Well just had a great game with Arizona vs. UCLA

Arizona wins 21-17 at home and holds UCLA to a turnover on downs with under 1:00 left inside the Arizona 5 yard line.

They tried two runs and I stuffed them miraculously!
3rd & Goal = They did an out but it was from left hash to right corner, QB overthrew the open receiver out of bounds
4th & Goal = SCREEN! I had a safety come in and wrap him up at the 2 yard line, game over!

Stats:
Arizona
Matt Scott: 15/24 for 221 yds, 2 TD & 1 INT
Greg Nwoko: 23 car, 145 yds, 6.3 avg, Long of 72...no TD lol
Dan Buckner: 4 rec, 85 yds, 46-yd TD catch (beat his guy 1-on-1 on a fly)
DEFNESE: 3 sacks & 3 INTs (No Def TDs)

UCLA
Richard Brehaut: 17/21 for 288 yds, TD & 3 INT. Ok this was the most accurate the CPU has been by FAR. Honestly this is the first game I've had where they were all pretty much complete or an INT...and it's funny that the one incomplete cost them the game!
Johnathan Franklin: 20 car, 118 yds, 41-yd TD run
Jerry Johnson: 5 rec, 188 yds, 88-yd TD rec
DEFENSE: 4 sacks & 1 INT

*Really fun game. I can live with their QB doing so well because that has NOT happened one time up until now.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

How/where do you set the Aggression level of the AI teams?

Also, where do I find Jump the Snap?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »