Home

SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try!

This is a discussion on SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #73
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try!

SEC? Do you thhink these sliders would work in coach mode?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

No problem. What do I need to set pass block to 15 or my 20.

Nevermind I think I figure it out. I will try the following.

Mich vs OSU
Game 1 pass block at 15 and pas rush at 25
Game 2 pass block at 15 and pas rush at 10

What I was seeing using what you have right now is I had time especially when the Def jammed every receiver I had going out. And when they jammed them it was to the point no one could get free and when they did or finished their stumbling act I would go down. Looking at the replay the line interaction looked good I was getting frustrated because I was running a pass happy and I could not wait for the crossing routes to come open. This may be more of a personal tweak for the way I play but I more than willing to experiment to help out.

Last edited by 90Bamagrad; 08-18-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Bamagrad
No problem. What do I need to set pass block to 15 or my 20.

Nevermind I think I figure it out. I will try the following.

Mich vs OSU
Game 1 pass block at 15 and pas rush at 25
Game 2 pass block at 15 and pas rush at 10

What I was seeing using what you have right now is I had time especially when the Def jammed every receiver I had going out. And when they jammed them it was to the point no one could get free and when they did or finished their stumbling act I would go down. Looking at the replay the line interaction looked good I was getting frustrated because I was running a pass happy and I could not wait for the crossing routes to come open. This may be more of a personal tweak for the way I play but I more than willing to experiment to help out.
Yeah, per my last post, it is pass rush at 25 and pass block at 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
SEC? Do you thhink these sliders would work in coach mode?
They certainly could work. Some of the testing I do is with CPU vs CPU games and they seemed to play well.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #77
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey SEC, I like a few of your points. I have a slider project going on over at traditionfootball.com, and would like to have your input on them.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...ad.php?t=31431

Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #78
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey SEC,
I just played a "play now" game with Mich @ Uconn(me) using your sliders and wanted to give you some feedback. I used PB @ 10 and PR @ 25 and pretty much let the cpu call the plays both ways since I am not too familiar with Conn playbook.
Overall, I really enjoyed how the game played it felt pretty natural. I in no way thought the running game was overpowered for either side. I am big into trying to get the o-line & d-line to interact correctly according to ratings etc. I really liked the organic feel (no suction) between the line however my biggest issue was the interaction between my LG (rs 84 rf 78) and Mich DT# 95 (pmove 80 b/s 84 pur 85 prc 83) As you can see from the important ratings these two are pretty equal in ratings maybe a slight edge to the DT. Anyways on any straight ahead run plays i.e. dives, zone, stretch the DT performed the swim move animation and beat the LG or C 100% of the time. I was still able to run the ball decently but for me I would have to change some slider to stop tha
Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #79
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

continued..
I thought the pass protection was pretty fair, it is probably overpowered for the d-line a tad. I am pretty good about getting the ball out quickly but they were coming pretty fast I ended up getting sacked two times and sacked Mich 4 times. I did see a stat overlay that said I had 17 hurries which seemed like an awful lot.
Stats;
MICH v. UCONN
13 score 27
36-115 ra-ryds 39-103
17-32-1 pc-pa-td 14-24-1
313 pass yards 278
2 sacks 4

Let me know if there is something different you want tested.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
Hey SEC, I like a few of your points. I have a slider project going on over at traditionfootball.com, and would like to have your input on them.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/for...ad.php?t=31431
Nautica,

I have not tested your sliders yet and from what I have seen they look like they may be able to provide a great game of football. The question is, can they provide a realistic game of football? Possibly, but without testing them, I can only offer a few key observations.

Balance: I see you have adjusted some of your slider settings either in favor of the CPU or User. If I were to ask you the question, "why is there a 50 pt difference between user pc and cpu pc?", you would probably tell me "it is too easy to pass on the computer so I increased the power pertaining to computer coverage." That is fine so, because it was too easy, you increased the power of the slider to provide a more difficult game. Fun, maybe; realistic, probably not. Based on what I have observed in testing of the sliders, definitely not. The trick is to find a game that plays realistically with balanced sliders, meaning, you balance the sliders so that the players within the game play more true to the ratings they represent. The game was shipped with all sliders at default 50 which tells us that EA felt NCAA 11 played a balanced game under default sliders, assuming they do all programming under these settings.

This is a wordy response I know. I just fail to understand why there are so many slider sets which contain adjustments in the favor of the CPU or User. Maybe someone with a little more "inside" can explain this for me.

So my understanding is that this an ongoing slider project like mine. Testing sliders and watching how the game implements, performs, and reacts to a single slider adjustment is fun! I love it, possibly more than playing the game itself!

QB Accuracy
Before the patch, I felt that 30 for this setting provided a great game in terms of realistic passing from QBs in the game. The same setting after the patch provided a rocket arm and pinpoint accuracy. I currently have mine set at 10. I am considering raising this setting to 15 but most likely will not go beyond that.

Pass Blocking:
25 is probably ok. I currently am considering raising pass blocking to 15 for my set. Based on my observations, you will probably see a little unrealistic suction blocking at your setting.

WR Catching:
You will see WR boosts at 50. I would probably lower to either 35 or 40. 35 to 40 is where I will be testing for mine. Lob when the situation calls for a lob and "sling" it when the situation calls for it.... you will be fine

RB Ability:
This is going to require more testing. I am not completely sure what this setting does. I advised last night that lowering this setting by too much, will cause the runner to move like he is in quicksand. I also remember a you tube video which advised this setting will cause tacklers to fall down when in the vicinity of the ball carrier if too high. 50 and below is probably ok for this.

I will finish the rest of this in a bit

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-18-2010 at 05:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »