Home

Heisman slider question regarding sacks

This is a discussion on Heisman slider question regarding sacks within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Heisman slider question regarding sacks

Ciao a tutti--

I use AA sliders, but after patch #2 (or LTP #2, I'm not sure which is the culprit) the CPU has become incapable of running the ball. I thought of trying Heisman, but in the past I've hated Heisman as I don't like the feel of it. After 4 test games, I saw the things that I hate about Heisman in all 4 games, but the CPU is at least able to run against me.

In my games I can't get any sacks. I think I've had 1 sack in the 4 games (on AA my team was 8th in the nation in sacks). The problem is that the CPU QB releases the ball before he gets sacks every time. I even tried turning my pass rush to 100 and the CPU pass blocking to 0. These sliders worked as my guys got to the QB wicked fast, but this didn't result in any sacks. It just made the QB release the ball sooner.

Are any of you able to record sacks on Heisman (if I can't this is reason enough for me to give up on Heisman)? Do you use aggressive D line (I don't)? Are you able to give the QB enough time in the pocket to be reasonable, or do you have to adjust the sliders such that you can nano-blitz all the time? I've been using multiple D so I blitz from 4-3 and 3-4 if that matters.

Here are some quotes I found in my search for this topic, so I know it's possible, I'd just like to know how.

Thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
- HUM pass rush might be overpowered. If you get too many sacks just up CPU pass block by increments of 5 until you like it. I had 3 sacks with a bad defense vs Washington. One of them was an all out blitz and they ran PA. The other two were 100% coverage sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
I had 5 sacks, CPU had 2. I might have to tone this down in future games but we'll see.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Heisman slider question regarding sacks

I should also mention that I don't user the D-line (I play the MLB) so it's only the CPU that's rushing the QB if that matters.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Heisman slider question regarding sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I should also mention that I don't user the D-line (I play the MLB) so it's only the CPU that's rushing the QB if that matters.
That matters a lot. I would wager that 75% of the sacks I get on Heisman are user-sacks or me switching and chasing down the CPU QB.

The thing about Heisman is that if QB Accuracy is too high you're gonna torched because the CPU will throw pin-point passes on Heisman right before getting hit. It's frustrating as hell but it happens on all levels, just more on Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »