Home

Interception Slider

This is a discussion on Interception Slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Interception Slider

Seriously?

I am playing with INT at 10 AI/User. vs user dynasty we use conservative pass coverage as well to eliminate unrealistic amounts of picks. I still get a minimum of 1 pick a game. Usually 2 or more. I have not played a game without at least 1 pick.

I played default AA settings with WKU and had 5 AA db and I went undefeated too. All b/c of picks. Totally unrealistic.

Played 1 online game, int at 50. There was 8 ints between both teams.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also got tired of seeing mediocre MLB (50's & 60's ovr) making one handed, no look, fingertip picks. Catches Jerry Rice can't make in his prime.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriluk
I also got tired of seeing mediocre MLB (50's & 60's ovr) making one handed, no look, fingertip picks. Catches Jerry Rice can't make in his prime.
heh, I just had 3 1 handed, diving grabs by a 330lb Defensive Tackle with a catch rating of 30 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriluk
Seriously?

I am playing with INT at 10 AI/User. vs user dynasty we use conservative pass coverage as well to eliminate unrealistic amounts of picks. I still get a minimum of 1 pick a game. Usually 2 or more. I have not played a game without at least 1 pick.

I played default AA settings with WKU and had 5 AA db and I went undefeated too. All b/c of picks. Totally unrealistic.

Played 1 online game, int at 50. There was 8 ints between both teams.
I'm seeing the same thing, but only since the 2nd patch.

Passing was nearly perfect IMO before the 2nd patch/tuner. Afterwards it feels like NCAA 09 with less accuracy on deep balls. Almost every pass is either a catch, drop, knockdown, or INT.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm seeing the same thing, but only since the 2nd patch.

Passing was nearly perfect IMO before the 2nd patch/tuner. Afterwards it feels like NCAA 09 with less accuracy on deep balls. Almost every pass is either a catch, drop, knockdown, or INT.
glad i´m not the only one noticing this
Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I still get a lot of drops on easy INTs. One time my MLB with an 80 catch rating was standing squarely in front of a receiver in a shallow zone, neither one of them moving - and the QB threw it to him, like right between the numbers. I was already racking up the six points in my head but it bounced off of him like his fingers were duct-taped together and coated with Crisco. On the other hand my DBs don't drop a lot of picks and seem to pull out at least one surprise, athletic INT per game. The logic of it is still hard to figure.

On the plus side, I don't see that many crazy d-lineman picks any more. In four years of dynasty I think my linemen combined for two picks - one off a deflection, and the other from a serious duck caused by my blitzing linebacker piledriving the QB as he threw.

I think where the game still suffers (and may always, as far as I can tell) is that they haven't fully programmed realistic pass defense and how QBs really throw to counteract it. DBs don't cover in real life the way they do in the game; very little actual DB technique is in the game's AI. And real QBs do a lot of things like intentionally over- and under-throwing to keep the ball away from defenders, which cuts down on the possibility of picks (the defenders are lucky to get a finger on those) but also decreases accuracy and leads to the occasional slight overthrow. Inaccurate passes in Madden and NCAA are a slightly artificial construct because it's always just the QB being programmed to throw the ball wrong; he's never doing it for a reason, he's just flat-out missing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »