Home

Fistofrages Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Fistofrages Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #49
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Fistofrages Heisman Sliders

To be perfectly honest, the only sliders worth anything in Heisman are:

Increase user pass blocking
Increase user pass coverage
Decrease user pass accuracy

Decrease cpu pass accuracy
Decrease cpu pass blocking

I honestly don't know why you would even touch any of the other sliders. Even more puzzling is why are you guys lowering user pass blocking- the cpu being able to get to you in 0.1 seconds is one of the biggest issues with playing on Heisman. Less is more boys!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
To be perfectly honest, the only sliders worth anything in Heisman are:

Increase user pass blocking
Increase user pass coverage
Decrease user pass accuracy

Decrease cpu pass accuracy
Decrease cpu pass blocking

I honestly don't know why you would even touch any of the other sliders. Even more puzzling is why are you guys lowering user pass blocking- the cpu being able to get to you in 0.1 seconds is one of the biggest issues with playing on Heisman. Less is more boys!
??? I rarely get sacked as it is. Have you tested these sliders or are you just making generic comments?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #51
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I was just sacked 6 times in a half with the user pass block at 50. I was Alabama the CPU was Iowa State.

How in the world are you not being sacked with user pass block at 45? I have no time to throw on Heisman at default. Are the other tweaks in your slider set somehow offsetting the CPU pass rush?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
I was just sacked 6 times in a half with the user pass block at 50. I was Alabama the CPU was Iowa State.

How in the world are you not being sacked with user pass block at 45? I have no time to throw on Heisman at default. Are the other tweaks in your slider set somehow offsetting the CPU pass rush?
I don't know, perhaps. I don't run Play action passes unless the play says it is set up. Play action passes become play action sacks otherwise.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Well done sir!! I believe these are the best sliders I have tried yet. I have tried every Heisman set on the board. The CPU actually has a running game now. They accumulated 178 yds on me. I was Bama playing at Miss. St. I won the game 31-19 but it played out beautifully. I'm really enjoying these Fist.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #54
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Hey guys, want to add a couple of comments/observations to this discussion.
i am also not seeing a crazy amount of sacks with these sliders which is odd because as you stated, generally speaking i've seen too many cpu sacks when playing on heisman. i wish i could explain why this set is different since nothing obvious jumps out.

i find in general there is an unexplainable discrepency with what people see/experience with sliders and with different difficulty levels (ie the debate between varsity/aa/heisman)

i know a good chunk of the time it can be linked to player skill and style of play but things like how often you get sacked can only be controlled so much. something just doesnt quite make sense about sliders in general. no surprise there.

i would say though regarding your suggestion, i think its best to keep pass and run blocking as low as possible (which requires compensating with higher defensive sliders) to minimize suction blocking. this has been my observation over the years in both madden and ncaa.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #55
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7

Game 6: In Dynasty Mode - UK (me) @ Miss St.

I played this game with USER and CPU pass coverage at 45.

I believe we have hit NCAA slider NIRVANA! Perfect gameplay!

Now, onto the results:

Score: UK(me) 38 - Miss St 21
First Downs: 19 / 16
Total Offense: 439 yds / 417 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 38-191-4 / 22-84-1
Comp-Att-TD: 16-34-1 / 21-26-2
Passing Yds: 248 / 333
3rd Dwn Conv: 11-16(68%) / 2-7(28%)
4th Dwn Conv: 1-1(100%) / 0-1(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 6-5-1(100%) / 5-3-0(60%)
Turnovers: 2 / 3
Fumbles (Lost): 1(0) / 2(2)
Interceptions: 2 / 1
PR Yards: 11 / 0
KR Yards: 122 / 62
Total Yards: 572 / 479
Punts Avg: 2-37.0 / 4-25.3 (CPU shanked all 4 punts OOB!!)
Penalties-Yds: 6-50 / 10-77 (Caught the CPU offsides 4 times)
TOP: 21:09 / 10:51
TFL: 8 / 13
Sacks: 1 / 3
Pass Deflections: 2 / 9
Field Goals: 1-2 / 0-0
WR Drops: 3 / 0
Pancakes: 1 / 3

Miss St RBs had 11 broken tackles.
UK RBs had 4 broken tackles.

Analysis: MSU was able to move the ball up and down the field with ease. They had a few fumbles in the red zone to keep the scoring low. My rushing stats were padded by a 70 yard run late in the 4th quarter to ice the game.

Amazing gameplay. Pass coverage was SPOT ON!!

I was not able to let Randall Cobb abuse the Miss St left corner at all. The coverage was very good. But no linebackers with jet-packs... Phineas and Ferb were not even in the building! I even got an interception this game!

Fist and you other guys need to try a few games with both USER and CPU pass coverage at 45. I was very impressed.

Minor issue: The CPU did shank all 4 of their punts out of bounds. And I have noticed at least 1 shank by the CPU every game so far. I think we should see some improvement by moving CPU punt accuracy to 100.

Last edited by MEGATRON; 08-25-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #56
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

When it comes to playing the cpu, fistofrage is in the 99th percentile in terms of beating the cpu. I think the vast majority of people on OS would get slaughtered with his sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »