Home

Fistofrages Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Fistofrages Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Fistofrages Heisman Sliders

FINAL VERSION 10/07/2010

****UPDATED POST PATCH 3

Do not use 5 WR sets or 4 vertical or put your #1 receiver in the slot in 4 WR sets.

Any feedback is appreciated.

***Key house rule. Do not run commit on HB. Meaning don't hit the RB icon, it seems to make it too easy to shut them down***

Gameplay Options
Skill: Heisman
Recruiting: Heisman
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Threshold: 50

***Note, we are also using aggressive line play gameplanning. It allows for offsides on the human and helps with pass rush.

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 40
WR Catch: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 30
Pass Coverage: 55
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 40
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 5
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 5
Kickoff Power: 40

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catch: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 80 Has to be about this high to avoid too many negative plays.
Pass Coverage: 55
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 55 Must be >50 for AI pursuit angles
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 40

***Penalty Sliders
Offsides/Offense&Defense 95
Holding, Clipping, Facemask 55
Pass Interference 55
Roughing 60
Int'l Grounding 55

***I have seen a few PI called with it at 55. Haven't seen a roughing since the last patch. Its imprtant to have holding and clipping at 55. I get about the right amount of penalties and it keeps scores lower as it can stall drives.

Last edited by fistofrage; 10-07-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fistofrages Heisman Sliders

fist, whats up man. good to see you make your appearance. try these tonight. ive been all over the place with sliderst his year. cant seem to get any consistent. good to see you post.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

About to give these a shot. I'll post back my opinions
Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
fist, whats up man. good to see you make your appearance. try these tonight. ive been all over the place with sliderst his year. cant seem to get any consistent. good to see you post.
Thanks man. I know you play sim and from what I have seen from your posts in the past, we play pretty similar.

You have to know how to run the ball to be successful with these and you shouldn't see very many human long runs unless you have a really fast back and seal the corner. But I mean that in a good way, you'll really have to work to get a good running game going but its satisfying when you do.

The passing game is a mixed bag. You could probably exploit it, but I have been getting really good stats the way I play. I can definitely see the difference between Michael Floyd and an average receiver. Zone defense appears to have some issues, so if you play a zone, you better bring some pressure of the AI will kill you.

But I am not going to complain how the game plays. I am just going to make the best of it.

With Michigan State, I lost tp PSU 38-14 and then beat UConn 31-10. ND lost to Pitt 21-31 and then beat Kentucky 14-6. Those are just my last 4 games.

Royster rand for 200 yards on MSU, the Pitt back ran for 180 on ND. The UConn backs and Kentucky backs were held in check. Overall, you will see the difference between great players and average players.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

that sounds good. yea im a zone player on D and thats the main reason ive stayed away from heisman for my dyansty but i need the challenge on heisman. im a run first guy also so i will test these to the max of my ability. im a playaction westcoast pass guy so ill see what comes from that. how are you seeing the pass abuse? verticals and deep routes or the short underneath pass game? how is playaction working with these? is it dangerous. that was the other thing i noticed about heisman. not much time to run PA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Best Sliders I've tried by far. I'm going to see if i can find away to fix the zone problem on defense. My initial impressing is that the pass rush for human is not up high enough which buys the cpu QB needed time to pick apart the zone. Any zone defense can be exploited whenever the QB has more than enough time.

Last edited by WastedTalentGaming; 08-22-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 08-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
that sounds good. yea im a zone player on D and thats the main reason ive stayed away from heisman for my dyansty but i need the challenge on heisman. im a run first guy also so i will test these to the max of my ability. im a playaction westcoast pass guy so ill see what comes from that. how are you seeing the pass abuse? verticals and deep routes or the short underneath pass game? how is playaction working with these? is it dangerous. that was the other thing i noticed about heisman. not much time to run PA.
Playaction typically doesn't work well UNLESS the play says 'Set UP' in the play calling screen. The you can burn the defense and it works as intended. I mean really works if you have established the run. If you just come out and try play action without establishing the run first, then its most likely a Play Action sack.

I really don't see any human pass abuse because I vary my plays and don't use 5 WR sets. 5 WR sets and crossing routes are where you can take advantage of the AI. However, I have Human PB at 40 so you really don't have time to wait for the crossing routes to drag all the way accross the field. Crossing routes are quick reads with these sliders and sometimes the D does a good job of suckering me. I have thrown passes that have gotten jumped underneath with a zone blitz.

One other ting about the pass game is that I don't audible routes either. I pretty much go with the play I have chosen. Works for me, but some others may not like it so go ahead and audible routes and see what happens, I have not tested that.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedTalentGaming
Best Sliders I've tried by far. I'm going to see if i can find away to fix the zone problem on defense. My initial impressing is that the pass rush for human is not up high enough which buys the cpu QB needed time to pick apart the zone. Any zone defense can be exploited whenever the QB has more than enough time.
Thanks man, I had human pass rush at 60 at first, but I was getting a few too many sacks. If you play zone, manually blitz hot route 1 extra LB, usually helps. Thats where zone works as intended there will most likely be an open receiver short, but if you call it on 3rd and 10+, you can usally force a punt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »