Home

Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel

This is a discussion on Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel

This is actually really funny that you are playing with NC State. My buddy and wanted to start a Dynasty with two bad teams that play in a good conference. For some reason, we ended up with NC State (me) and Virginia (him). I just played Cincy last night and won 44-29. I gave up a lot of yards, but they run that no-huddle, so their number of plays was significantly higher than mine. Plus, I knocked out their QB midway through the third when I was up 27-23. Cincy's defense is not great (B-), so I was able to get a few big plays to Williams. I am interested to see how our seasons play out as NC State!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #18
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5

I do not know how to get the scorecards like I have seen done on here, could someone show me where they are at? Would make putting stats up a lot neater.

One think I forgot to mention. I lost Russell Wilson for 6 weeks due to injury last game. M. Glennon is now my starter. He is not as fast as Russell. Harder to escape the pressure.
He was sacked 6 times.

NC State(me) 21 at. Georgia tech(cpu) 27

First Downs___________11_________16
Total Off.____________291_________347
Rushing____________24-40-1_____43-149-3
Passing____________13-23-2_____15-18-1
Pass Yards___________251_________198
Turnovers_____________2___________0
TOP________________12:02________19:58

That's just the main game stats. Remember the way I play is I let the game call all the plays for me. I only audible if they call a play action play, cause lets face it is broken. I also only play as the DT on DEF. Also i have not changed the audibles I have kept them the same. That forces me to have to call what is there.

Another very believable game for a State and Georgia tech game playing it the way I do. It keeps me from calling the plays I know will work and makes me depend on the ratings of my team more. They have to bring their A game to beat teams like Georgi Tech.

I did play this game earlier today calling my own plays and switching players on DEF. I won that game handily 42-17 so you can see the difference it makes by letting the game play also. I would suggest trying to pay it like that it is so much more enjoyable, if you don't already.

When one of your players blow a play you will catch yourself hollering at him. State is pretty terrible at tackling sometimes.

I have now lost two games this season. That is unbelievable. I can't remember the last time I have lost two games in a season before. And I am actually enjoying it. I need to build my team up to be able to compete.

Also do not be weary of the CPU QB numbers. They threw all of their passes for dump offs and gain nice yardage afterward. Again a very fun game to play.

I am also interested to seeing how your State chise goes. I have been a State fan for years. Unfortunately I also know that they are only a mediocre team in RL. They might pull out 6 wins this season, but I doubt it very seriously.
John 3:16
Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I don't know how anybody would lose if they picked their own plays every time. At any level of sliders. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying these. And there is still room to make it more difficult if need be. I think the 75 threshold can probably stay. But pass cov and rush defense can still be increased to even make it more challenging.

I am probably going to play Ga Tech tonight. Currently 3-0 with the Wolfpack.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #20
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm jealous. I am 2-2 with the Pack have lost my last two. I also like the thresh hold at 75 it has cut down on some of the big plays that shouldn't be big plays. If that makes any since.

I have to play, if I'm not mistaken any way, Florida State tonight.
John 3:16
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by acermina
Difficulty: All-American
Game speed: Normal
Speed threshold: 75
Quarter length: 10 minutes

Sliders: Human/CPU
QB accuracy: 25/25
Pass blocking: 50/50
WR catching: 50/50
RB ability: 50/75
Run blocking: 50/75
Pass coverage: 50/75
Pass rushing: 50/50
Interceptions: 50/50
Rushing defense 50/75
Tackling: 50/50
FG power: 25/25
FG accuracy: 25/50
Punt power: 50/50
Punt accuracy: 25/50
Kickoff power: 50/50

Offsides: 100
False start: 100
Facemask: 55
Holding: 55
Clipping: 55
Roughing passer: 100
Roughing kicker: 100
Kick interference: 100
Off pass interference: 100
Def pass interference: 100

I've actually had quite a few pass interference penalties called.

Could you guys play a few games with these and provide feedback? I am only playing with one other buddy and we really like them. I'd like to see a larger sample size if possible, though.
after 1 half of PSU (me) at Alabama:

14-0
9-3 first downs
239 total O to 72
14/157-2 Rushing; 10-1-0 (Royster had an 80 yard TD run on a brilliant playcall by Corso vs that particular Bama D)
7/10-0 Comp-Att-TD; 6-10-0
82 passing yards 71
2 ints ; 0
7:26 ; 6:34 TOP

I'm noticing far too tight of coverage though, at 75, the CPU Db's are literally running the routes for my WR's...hell, I ran a post corner, and the DB never bit on the post (even though I've been running it the entire first half), and was closer to the ball than my intended WR...then a DE dropped into the flat and literally was running the screen route for my TB.

I'm not a slider guy, so I'm not even going to pretend to know how to fix that...but I do know what feels right, and when you have a slant and the DB is 3 yards in front of the WR, even though he was playing outside position, or the LB running the TE post, even though the TE is being jammed at the LOS by the DE (this was hysterical by the way, and showed me that the CPU knows exactly what route is being ran by which player).

Last edited by pdiehm; 09-01-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #22
MVP

Final Score: PSU 27 Alabama 11

First Downs: 13-11
Offense: 402-204
Passing: 10/18-1 ; 12/26-0
Pass Yds: 170 ; 180
Rushing: 30-232-2 ; 22-24-1
3rd Down: 3-9 ; 1-11
Turnovers: 3 ; 0
Ints: 3 ; 0
TOP: 14:56 ; 13:04
Old 09-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #23
MVP

Maybe lower catching for the human, and lower the CPU pass coverage. Maybe lower Human Rush D to 40 and Raise the run blocking up to 85/90.

I think the human rushing game was good. Royster had that 1 long run of 80 yards...take that away and he's at 24-120 or so...and was up 21-0 on Bama..Ingram and Richardson got hurt, so maybe why bama stopped running...McIlroy would later break his shoulder at the hands of Gentleman Jack Crawford That was essentially it for Bama as the backup QB is dreadful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »