Home

Penalty Sliders - Post Patch Suggestions

This is a discussion on Penalty Sliders - Post Patch Suggestions within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon1 Penalty Sliders - Post Patch Suggestions

I think the following rule set will yield the best results. Since last Tuneup anything above 50 is going to get called... and we should take Gameplan into account (which I assume adds an additional +5)

Offsides 55
Hard-counts are way to effective at the 100 setting. At 55 it will still happen to draw off defense .. but an aggressive game plan has even more chance.. as it should be. Home Field Advantage can affect this as well so easy when you need that important red zone stop! Gameplan can reduce this to 50 or increase to 60!

False Start 50
Hard-count causing more false-starts than offsides at the 100 level. At 50 you should have a slightly higher chance of pulling defense offsides than jumping the gun. Home Field Advantage will affect this as well so consider it a 55 when away and use hard-counts sparingly in the Red Zone!

Holding 55
Happens more than practically all other penalties and least disruptive so slightly higher chance to happen... allowing for some long plays to be called back without destroying the game play. Gameplan can reduce this to 50 or increase to 60.

Facemask 50
Clipping 50
15 yard penalties which increased with the tuning patch, but with no gameplan to reduce or increase them, so leaving them at 50 makes them heart breakers and not game breakers.

Interferences 95
Still not enough of these so really anywhere above 50 yields same results

Grounding 95
Roughing Kicker 95
Roughing Passer 95
Roughing the passer needed help but the tune-up seems to have stopped all the late hits on the qb as opposed to just calling all of them. Hard to get a roughing call intentionally .. must less accidentally so anything above 50 is fine.

Syde

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 09-03-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Penalty Sliders - Post Patch Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
I think the following rule set will yield the best results. Since last Tuneup anything above 50 is going to get called... and we should take Gameplan into account (which I assume adds an additional +5)

Offsides 55
Hard-counts are way to effective at the 100 setting. At 55 it will still happen to draw off defense .. but an aggressive game plan has even more chance.. as it should be. Home Field Advantage can affect this as well so easy when you need that important red zone stop! Gameplan can reduce this to 50 or increase to 60!

False Start 50
Hard-count causing more false-starts than offsides at the 100 level. At 50 you should have a slightly higher chance of pulling defense offsides than jumping the gun. Home Field Advantage will affect this as well so consider it a 55 when away and use hard-counts sparingly in the Red Zone!

Holding 55
Happens more than practically all other penalties and least disruptive so slightly higher chance to happen... allowing for some long plays to be called back without destroying the game play. Gameplan can reduce this to 50 or increase to 60.

Facemask 50
Clipping 50
15 yard penalties which increased with the tuning patch, but with no gameplan to reduce or increase them, so leaving them at 50 makes them heart breakers and not game breakers.

Interferences 95
Still not enough of these so really anywhere above 50 yields same results

Grounding 95
Roughing Kicker 95
Roughing Passer 95
Roughing the passer needed help but the tune-up seems to have stopped all the late hits on the qb as opposed to just calling all of them. Hard to get a roughing call intentionally .. must less accidentally so anything above 50 is fine.

Syde
Just my two cents,i would say gameplanning increase or decrease is more like 15 to 20 percent which may be a bit too high not sure.I've played coach mode style probaly at least 90 to 100 games.Just my opinion
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »