Home

Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50?

This is a discussion on Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #33
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Is the tuning goal that all sliders = 50?

Ack, one other thing... the RBA slider for the CPU also affects how often the CPU attempts to break a tackle. This is why it must be higher. Too low and all he'll do is protect the ball.

I should say; not sure why, but I've been fumbling like mad under these sliders. Please let me know if you're experiencing the same. I don't wanna raise RBA for the human if I don't have too.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:36 AM   #34
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think the key is finding the line numbers that work for you. The trenches are where you've gotta start.

If you start with making the QB realistically accurate, you are eventually going to have to adjust the pass rush. More or less pressure is going to make the QB more or less accurate.

It's difficult to say what you in particular are experiencing, especially considering I haven't experienced the same. I was playing with a very good set on varsity for crying out loud, and having a blast. It started to lose its luster when I noticed I could always come back from huge halftime deficits, it felt artificial.

I'm not one to sell anyone on a slider set. I'm providing mine because I've put a lot of work into them and hope someone else can benefit as well.
Bro I didn't mean what I said to be a slight in anyway, I didn't get a chance to play or test the set you posted. I guess the question in all my rambling was how much of a factor do you think threshold and game speed have on various sliders. And do you think that these two adjustments are bigger than we, me mainly, think for realistic game play, stats and competition?

Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

AJ;

I tried your sliders last night, Badgers vs Georgia.

I need to get better sub ratings, the Badgers took Clay out at halftime and he wasn't able to reenter the game.

It's a small sample size, but Georgia sacked the Badgers 4 times in the first half. Now, that could happen, but I saw on replays lineman looking like a deer in headlights letting a DL go by. After almost a near sack in the second half, I bumped PBK up to 20. This seemed much better. I might go back to 15 as well as this makes it harder on the QB's. For the game, Tolzien was 11 of 20 for 55% and Georgias QB was 5 of 11. Both QB's had Int's.

I did notice Georgia's RB break 2 tackles going towards a TD.

Otherwise, I thought the game played great. Georgia was up 10 to 0 and 10 to 3 at half. The Badgers came back to win 20 to 17. The Badgers ran the ball well as did Georgia. Georgia became pretty detectable as they would line up a RB to either weak or strong side TE and the RB would go in motion behind the other RB and they would start the option that way.

I play with Lock On D and Coach calls for both offense and defense.

Loved the way the game felt, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #36
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
AJ;

I tried your sliders last night, Badgers vs Georgia.

I need to get better sub ratings, the Badgers took Clay out at halftime and he wasn't able to reenter the game.

It's a small sample size, but Georgia sacked the Badgers 4 times in the first half. Now, that could happen, but I saw on replays lineman looking like a deer in headlights letting a DL go by. After almost a near sack in the second half, I bumped PBK up to 20. This seemed much better. I might go back to 15 as well as this makes it harder on the QB's. For the game, Tolzien was 11 of 20 for 55% and Georgias QB was 5 of 11. Both QB's had Int's.

I did notice Georgia's RB break 2 tackles going towards a TD.

Otherwise, I thought the game played great. Georgia was up 10 to 0 and 10 to 3 at half. The Badgers came back to win 20 to 17. The Badgers ran the ball well as did Georgia. Georgia became pretty detectable as they would line up a RB to either weak or strong side TE and the RB would go in motion behind the other RB and they would start the option that way.

I play with Lock On D and Coach calls for both offense and defense.

Loved the way the game felt, though.
You know, I read this and went, "damn it, I fixed that", but then I noticed I posted a previous version of the sliders.

As I said, the problem with the PBK slider is that it covers two areas... the situations awareness of the linemen, and the tolerance of pass block animations. Too low, and the linemen become braindead. Too high, and they are able to warp into blocks they should never be able to make. It's a delicate balance, and I think 17 would be perfect, but I can't put it there

Bump PBK before you bump PSR, I'll get a new set up today.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-16-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #37
49ers

adembroski's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041615308

Figured screw it, might as well get everyone's input I can.

-Mark Twain.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

I wont live to see the day that sliders don't need to be adjusted

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »