Home

Heisman Sliders, 0 Threshold, Impossible Pass D?

This is a discussion on Heisman Sliders, 0 Threshold, Impossible Pass D? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Heisman Sliders, 0 Threshold, Impossible Pass D?

Hello World,

Made the jump up to Heisman as I was beating teams I should not have been on AA and couldn't tweak the sliders to work out. I am playing Syracuse and have been getting absolutely destroyed in the passing game - I'm talking like 24/26 for 400 yards multiple games in a row. Louisville QB is 17/17 against me right now. I'm using a mod of Fistofrage's Heisman sliders, the only big difference i have is the threshold at 0 and game speed at slow. I have tried cranking up my pass D, assuming I'm not good enough to play at the base slider set, but this is getting ridiculous. Even good teams don't complete every pass against bad teams ... and Syracuse isn't a juggernaut but I should be able to limit some passing...especially lining up in dime cover 2 or double wides repeatedly (just to test my theories).

Any thoughts out there? It seems heisman just really over-qualifies variance in overall ratings. Unless it's my threshold. Maybe I should go back to AA? Thoughts on making the game a little more realistic/fun - which is the idea of playing the game! Thanks much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Heisman Sliders, 0 Threshold, Impossible Pass D?

its the threshold that is killing you. If your corners are slow, that threshhold is going to throw the game all out of whack.

Raise the threshhold up to 50, turn the AI qb acc down to 5. Thats probably the game you want to see.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you for the feedback. Adjusting the threshold has made a big difference...now the game is all funny because of the slider adjustments I had made. Back to square 1.5
Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

i do thesh hold on 35. U have to play man D and blitz the QB to force a quick pass on heisman. Zone does not work, the qb will eat u up like drew brees.

if he has time...ur toast. If you have dynasty u need recruit speed corners.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I like the cpu QB accuracy somewhere from 5 to 10. I think I prefer 10 but I'm not sure. But if you drop the accuracy that low you really should lower the user interception to around 20/25. An higher and you might get too many interceptions off the cpu's errant passes. At least that's how it is for me.

As far as threshold, I like 20/25, maybe prefer it at 25 but I'm experimenting with 20 because the cpu special teams guys get a speed boost against my speed returners.

And like terpsfan wrote, don't play too much zone. Play about 90 to 95% man and only throw a zone here or there to throw them off. If you do that you sometimes get an interception when in zone coverage because the cpu acts like it doesn't expect you to play zone. It also results in a couple coverage sacks. Any more zone and it becomes utterly useless.

EDIT: If you're still having trouble you might want to bump up human pass coverage to 55, move cpu pass block to 40 and cpu catch rating to 35 to 45. I play cpu catch at 35 because college players don't catch every single pass as you see on heisman.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 09-21-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »