Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

1st off let me say i have never used sliders in any game till now...and boy am i sold. With these sliders its like a whole new realistic game. Thank you so much
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #170
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

i gotta say i really love your slider! just played West Virginia with Michigan State and had a close game but WVU managed to break away lol

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #171
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

So are you all playing on normal or slow with this set? Making any coaching strategy changes?

Can more people provide stats from this set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #172
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
So are you all playing on normal or slow with this set? Making any coaching strategy changes?

I actually play on fast (without coaching changes), so my opinion might not count , I just had a very nice game as a B- school (CMU) against a rival (EMU) D school, a few years into a dynasty. The only reason they're on the schedule is because of the rivalry (I've been accepted into the big 10). I've used Playmakers' sliders for months and this has been my first stab at using a different set. Was expected to be a blowout and was just that, 45-7 final. I'm definitely excited to see how these work against better competition, my next game is against #20 Notre Dame (B+) and I'll provide an update with stats once that's finished.

As far as the game against EMU, I was pretty dominant on the ground, but below average through the air. 40 team carries for 303 yards and 6 TDs on the ground. 2 of the TDs came on QB scrambles. The QB was only 9 of 21 passing for 137 yards. Their QB was 8-22 for 93 yards, so neither team had much air attack. They also compiled a whopping 55 yards rushing on 24 carries, but I want to stress this was against a very bad team so this was pretty much expected. Also, I was using the CMU playbook with multiple D for defense...

For anyone who's ever used playmaker's set, I'll tell you one difference I noticed right away. If you control a defensive end (like I do), you'll be able to make some plays against the run instead of staying engaged with the initial blocker 9 times out of 10. It was nice to actually be a factor against the run lol.

UPDATE: Just finished up against Notre Dame, a little disappointed. Might be a fluke but I came away with a 27-0 snoozer. So through 2 games so far the only TD I've given up came on a defensive fumble return in garbage time against EMU. The rushing game was really weak for me, but many of the carries were just dive plays to kill clock, finished with 37 team carries for 140 yards and 1 TD. Only completed 8 of 12 passes for 161 yards and 2 TDs.

Notre Dame only mustered 29 yards rushing on 22 carries, and only completed 14 of 31 passes for 174 yards and 3 INTs. ND finished with 4 TO's against my 0.

Idunno, the game flow felt pretty good and I think I can chalk this up to "randomosity" and just play out the season until I can really make a call. I might make a few tweaks here or there just to fine tune but I don't have a problem with these so far

Last edited by l3ulvl; 01-11-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #173
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Everything on coaching strategy changes is listed on the first page. I list Chia's http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html and youAlreadyKnow's http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html. These are both their coaching strategy sets, not mine. Pick whichever one suits you. For stats, read some of the comments on previous pages. Also, I have played on both slow and normal, but I suggest normal. However, both work. Hope you enjoy these sliders!
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 01-11-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #174
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I like these sliders a lot when I am on offense. Defensively it's a different story.

CPU Accuracy needs to be increased to at least 20. At 15 he cpu qb will make some dreadful tosses. For example, cpu Cam Newton threw 3 INT's in the first half of a game I played as Oregon. All 3 were slow lofted passes to where my defenders were able to easily camp under them for the pick.

Also, Human pass rush needs to be increased--as it stands now the cpu can sit back and have a full minute to throw unmolested. I bumped it up to 45

CPU pass blocking seems to need to be turned up in order for the cpu to establish a running game. For some odd reason at 25 the cpu can not run at all. Bump it to 40-45 and suddenly the cpu is able to start running. I have no idea why this is--the only reason I can think of is somehow the logic in the game gets mixed up, especially on shotgun run plays, and the cpu thinks it's pass blocking?

Outside of those I am really liking these sliders. Returns the game to the way it felt before any patches came out. I also think the speed threshold of 30-35 is perfect on this slider set.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #175
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I like these sliders a lot when I am on offense. Defensively it's a different story.

CPU Accuracy needs to be increased to at least 20. At 15 he cpu qb will make some dreadful tosses. For example, cpu Cam Newton threw 3 INT's in the first half of a game I played as Oregon. All 3 were slow lofted passes to where my defenders were able to easily camp under them for the pick.

Also, Human pass rush needs to be increased--as it stands now the cpu can sit back and have a full minute to throw unmolested. I bumped it up to 45

CPU pass blocking seems to need to be turned up in order for the cpu to establish a running game. For some odd reason at 25 the cpu can not run at all. Bump it to 40-45 and suddenly the cpu is able to start running. I have no idea why this is--the only reason I can think of is somehow the logic in the game gets mixed up, especially on shotgun run plays, and the cpu thinks it's pass blocking?

Outside of those I am really liking these sliders. Returns the game to the way it felt before any patches came out. I also think the speed threshold of 30-35 is perfect on this slider set.
There is a big disparity between QB Acc at 15 and 20. I have no idea why, but the difference goes from over and underthrows to robo QB. I will do more testing here and see if 20 QBA is a possibility.

Also, I might have to look into the effect cpu pass blocking has on the run game. Other than draws, maybe zone blocking uses the pass blocking slider. I could increase both cpu pass block and human pass rush to 40-45. I will need to test this and see. Your suggestions have pushed me to continue editing these sliders to aim for perfection (or close to it.) Expect an update in the next week when I have time to test and play some games.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 01-12-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #176
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

im using the slow mode with 35 speed threshold....also make sure your using the sub sliders to go along with the game sliders...just awesome..if only the game came shipped like this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »