Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Quote:
San Diego State (me)

New Mexico State

Lindley: 16-23, 225yds, 2td, 31long
Christian: 4-16, 45yds, 4sack

Brown: 14att, 31yds, 2.2avg
Smith: 15att, 95yards, 6.3avg, 50long

First Downs
SDS: 14
NMS: 5

Total Offense
SDS: 269
NMS: 95

Rushes-Yards
SDS: 17-24
NMS: 23-50

3rd Down Conv
SDS: 4-10
NMS: 3-13

SDS: 17:10
NMS: 10:50
NMS WRs had 4 total drops, and the CPU QB behaved pretty erratically, although he is a 70ovr with 68awr, so it might not be totally out of character. But I chalk half of the CPU QB's stats on dumb CPU playcalling. Three times in one drive, they called a pure streaks play, and it always leaves the QB standing around like an idiot as it usually always does on those hail mary streaks. I also had a punt return for a TD late in the game.

Even though my RB stats are pretty poor, I never feel like I'm being cheesed or unrealistically shutdown or anything. Kinda weird. Infact at one point I thought my run blocking was a bit too good, but you see the final stats and it's kinda funny.

Pretty huge difference compared to the last game I posted, which I love to see.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 09-13-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #42
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
NMS WRs had 4 total drops, and the CPU QB behaved pretty erratically, although he is a 70ovr with 68awr, so it might not be totally out of character. But I chalk half of the CPU QB's stats on dumb CPU playcalling. Three times in one drive, they called a pure streaks play, and it always leaves the QB standing around like an idiot as it usually always does on those hail mary streaks. I also had a punt return for a TD late in the game.

Even though my RB stats are pretty poor, I never feel like I'm being cheesed or unrealistically shutdown or anything. Kinda weird. Infact at one point I thought my run blocking was a bit too good, but you see the final stats and it's kinda funny.

Pretty huge difference compared to the last game I posted, which I love to see.
Yeah, good QB's play like it and crappy QB's suck. This is partly do to QB accuracy at 10, but at 15, everyone plays like Peyton Manning.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-14-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #43
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Version 1.7 is out, mostly containing changes to punt power, int. slider, and other special teams sliders. The user punting game was a little overpowered at 50, so it was lowered to 45. I might move it to 40 in the future after more testing. By having the int. slider at 40, this balances out the number of picks per game, since they were a little too high. Other than these minor changes, these sliders play remarkably well and are in their final stages. I am looking for some help creating a slow speed slider base set with minor changes to my original. Have fun and post feedback and any minor tweaks that might be needed!
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-14-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

One other thing that these sliders have managed to do well is get a decent return possibility too. With other sliders I have never been able to get more than a few yards on punts returns, but with these sometimes I will only be able to get 1 or 2 but then other times, if you do the right moves, you can get a nice gain on them .
Yet another positive to these sliders
Old 09-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #45
Rookie

Just been having a look at SECElite's AA sliders, and one thing that stood out was that he seems completely set on having the threshold at 0.

"This is the only way to play this game in my opinion. 10 does not provide enough separation between the slow accelerating and fast ones, and overall does not feel fluid. I am sold on 0 thresh and will not be changing this."

kkman, or anyone else for that matter, have you tried out having the threshold at 0 with your sliders?
Just wondering because SEC seems 100% sure in having it at 0, and although your sliders have been beautiful for me, would be nice to hear what the general opinion on it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivs
Just been having a look at SECElite's AA sliders, and one thing that stood out was that he seems completely set on having the threshold at 0.

"This is the only way to play this game in my opinion. 10 does not provide enough separation between the slow accelerating and fast ones, and overall does not feel fluid. I am sold on 0 thresh and will not be changing this."

kkman, or anyone else for that matter, have you tried out having the threshold at 0 with your sliders?
Just wondering because SEC seems 100% sure in having it at 0, and although your sliders have been beautiful for me, would be nice to hear what the general opinion on it is.
I played for a long time with Thresh set around 0-20, and all it does is make for too many big plays. Games start getting out of control with big YAC's and runs for TDs that go 50+ yards
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

I have played on multiple settings from low to high. Threshold effects how quickly a player accelerates to top speed. This is why at lower threshold settings, you will see the hard dig and more realistic motion from a standstill. I have matched up many a player in my slider testing. I actually had a game yesterday in which collins for MS State broke an option run for a 51 yard touchdown. There was a linebacker on his heels the entire time but, I could clearly see that Collins was gradually pulling away yard by yard. After the play was over, I checked the ratings of Collins vs that linebacker. Collins actually had exactly one point of top speed over the linebacker. I saved the video and will upload it this weekend.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I have played on multiple settings from low to high. Threshold effects how quickly a player accelerates to top speed. This is why at lower threshold settings, you will see the hard dig and more realistic motion from a standstill. I have matched up many a player in my slider testing. I actually had a game yesterday in which collins for MS State broke an option run for a 51 yard touchdown. There was a linebacker on his heels the entire time but, I could clearly see that Collins was gradually pulling away yard by yard. After the play was over, I checked the ratings of Collins vs that linebacker. Collins actually had exactly one point of top speed over the linebacker. I saved the video and will upload it this weekend.
Hmm ah right that's interesting. When I tried it with some other sliders before, I got the same results as Von Dozier just mentioned above, whereby there were too many big plays and the WR's kept getting sizeable separation from the CB's, which made for an easy pass a lot of the time.
So that's interesting that you don't see such a dramatic outcome as we did. I'm guessing other sliders like the coverage may effect it, and that's why with some slider sets like yours it works perfectly at 0 but with others it might suit them to be a little higher.

I've always liked the idea that the fast players can get away nicely from the slower players, and that higher threshold ratings may begin to take that away and result in the acceleration of players becoming less of a factor and less important, which is why I was interested in you having it at 0 because I've experienced good and bad results with both higher and lower thresholds.

Thanks for the reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »