Home

Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

This is a discussion on Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Hey there. I am finally releasing my sliders at request of others on the forum.

Here is some rationale behind my sliders:
I try to make the computer and human player have equal opportunity in most regards, such as tackling, coverage, pass rush, interceptions, and Wr catch. By equal opportunity, I mean that the human player should have the same ability, in those instances mention, to make plays. However, sometimes the CPU needs a bump in intelligence or ability for that equal opportunity to take place, such as CPU running game and run defense. Also, the human player needs to be limited a bit in the running game and run defense. On some occassions, both need to be limited for gameplay sake, such as the overpowered passing game.

Also, don't blindly accept these sliders (or any for that matter) as the final word. Always make changes that suit your need. Not everyone plays at the same level. Some are worse or better at passing, running, and defense. Remember, the best slider set is always your own!

Version 2.4 (Final for NCAA 2011)

Options (Edits for most recent version in bold)
Difficulty: AA
Quarter Length: 7-8 min (I play on 8min now, both work)
Game Speed: tested on Slow and Normal (works on both settings)
Speed Thresh: 30-40 (I play at 35, but any of these will work well)

Penalties
Offsides and False Start: 100
Holding:50
Facemask: 55
Offensive PI, Defensive PI , and KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 55
Intentional Grounding, Roughing the Passer, and Roughing the Kicker: 100

Sliders (User/CPU)
Offense
QBA-15/20
Pass BLK-30/25
WR Catch-45/45
RBA-50/65(Still can't decide which is better 60 or 65, for now 65 is where it is set)
Run Block-40/65 (Option and spread option teams need at least 45 or 50 User Run Block to have success)

Defense
Pass Coverage-50/55
Pass Rush-35/30 (30 for user and cpu, along with 25 pass block, provides the best pocket possible. Blitzing is now risk/reward. More you blitz more people open. Cpu will not block everyone so sacks are their, but a good qb can see it coming and get the ball out quick. Also, cpu blitzes are more effective so watch out!)
Int-35/35
Run Defense-25/60 (Option and spread option teams need cpu run D at 55 or 50 to work)
Tkl-45/40

Special Teams (These sliders are more of a preference to the user, still suggest you use them)
FG Power-30/25
FGA-30/55
Punt Power-45/50
Punt ACC-30/70
Kick Off Power-45/50

AUTO SUBS (I use Playmakers Autosubs settings, works really well since they are the best sub settings around, credit to him in this thread and check his varsity sliders out http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-sliders.html

OFFENSE
QB OUT-65
QB IN-70
RB OUT-80
RB IN-85
WR OUT-80
WR IN-85
FB/TE OUT-80
FB/TE IN-85
OL OUT-65
OL IN-70

DEFENSE
DT OUT-80
DT IN-85
DE OUT-80
DE IN-85
LB OUT-80
LB IN-85
CB OUT-70
CB IN-85
S OUT-80
S IN-85

I am now including coaching sliders to decrease cpu blitzing and overaggression. Enter either of these sets into your coaching philosophy settings in the team management tab in your dynasty.

(http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html) With these, go to the coaching sliders section and follow directions.

(http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html) With these, use the two coaching philosophy sets in the spoliers.

Credit goes to Chia and youAlreadyKnow

P.S. Good luck, have fun, and suggestions would be welcomed!
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 06-24-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Post-Patch 3 sliders All-American (WIP)

Good looking out. I am gonna give these a shot.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I used these and honestly had the best, most competitive, realistic, fun game Ive had in this years game.....only thing that bugged me is it seems the PA passing game is worse since the patch came out and I was getting pressured like a mug, but the game was great, I(Ohio State) beat Oregon 28-21 with the score coming late in the 3rd, I did throw 4 picks but it was from pressure/forced passed and I like how I had to work for my rush yards.......I may tweak some things but this base set is great...
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
I used these and honestly had the best, most competitive, realistic, fun game Ive had in this years game.....only thing that bugged me is it seems the PA passing game is worse since the patch came out and I was getting pressured like a mug, but the game was great, I(Ohio State) beat Oregon 28-21 with the score coming late in the 3rd, I did throw 4 picks but it was from pressure/forced passed and I like how I had to work for my rush yards.......I may tweak some things but this base set is great...
The PA blocking could be slightly improved by increasing pass blocking, but this could lead to an unrealistic time in the pocket on regular passes, making it too easy. I try to get about 3-6 seconds in the pocket depending on the playcall, and theses sliders work in that regards. Again, play action is better post patch because pass blocking is much better and pockets develop nicely, but it still isn't where it should be because of ineffective blocking by the tackles. Thanks and keep the comments coming; I would love more feedback.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-11-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

Going to try these...will post update later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCC2USC
Going to try these...will post update later
Thanks, love getting some more feedback. I have updated to version 1.2 after some test games and observations from my dynasty. I have bumped CPU coverage to 60 and human QB Acc to 15 for a more balanced human passing game. Also, I have put CPU QB accuracy at 10 and moved human coverage back to 50 to help CPU Passing game out a little, Finally, I moved CPU pass block to 45 and human to 40. Was getting too many sack and too few for human player. It should now average about 2 a game.
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-10-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

Ok, just played UNC vs. LSU and had a hell of a game. It was up 20 to 3 and UNC came roaring back out of no where late in the third. Hell, it reminded me of the game played last weekend. They had a long pass to Boyd and made it 20 to 10. Later they score again, and they recovered an onside kick late in the fourth. A ditch stand in my territory sealed the deal. Here are the stats (LSU on left UNC on right)

Score: 20 17
First Downs: 15 11
Total Offense 350 310
Rushes, Yards, TDs 34-131-1 24-35-0
Comp, TDs 12-19-1 16-27-2
Passing Yards 219 275
3rd Down 6-12 3-10
Fumbles. Ints 1-2 0-2
Sacks 3 0
PR Yards 43 4
KR Yards 33 38
Total Yards 426 352
Penalties 1-5 1-5

Overall, I played well. My defense played extremely well and shut down their run game. The three sacks hampered the CPU's running yardage, otherwise it would have been at least 60 yards. I will either up the CPU run blocking to 70 or I will lower rush defense to 35, but not both. The CPU passing game seems pretty good. I saw a reasonable amount of overthrows and underthrows by myself and the CPU. I like where the CPU and human passing game are. Kinda worried about the PR and KR yards though. I found it extremely hard to return anything on KR. Punt returns were not terrible though as I averaged about 8 yards a return. Post your games and analysis as I am looking forward to others insights.
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-10-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Promising. Going to try these out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »