Home

CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders)

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #65
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altohombre
I am really confused as to which sliders to go by. I have used Don'tyoualreadyknows coach mode sliders to do cpu vs cpu and have had very close games in every one I watched. However it is hard to judge how the sliders are working if teams play completely different. For example Hawaii is going to have a ton of passing yards while PSU will have a more even distribution of passing to running. Individual players will often have a breakout game as well in real life so it is hard to tell if a stat that is an outlier is normal or caused by a slider.

What are the major issues we are having with all slider sets other than the #3 receiver gets the most catches so I can try to take notice while I watch games.
That's really the biggest flaw I have seen. The passing yards with this set can be a little high sometimes but nothing extreme. It just seems game in and game out, TE and slot receivers get most of the receptions and it drives me crazy. I tried upping the speed threshold but in return it messed with the running game and pass coverage pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #66
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning18
That's really the biggest flaw I have seen. The passing yards with this set can be a little high sometimes but nothing extreme. It just seems game in and game out, TE and slot receivers get most of the receptions and it drives me crazy. I tried upping the speed threshold but in return it messed with the running game and pass coverage pretty bad.
You can't change the speed threshold in isolation. Every slider has a counterpart.

I've had great CPU/CPU games with some drastic changes from my Coach Mode sliders. Almost done testing and then I'll post the sliders to the forum for those who are interested.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #67
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You can't change the speed threshold in isolation. Every slider has a counterpart.

I've had great CPU/CPU games with some drastic changes from my Coach Mode sliders. Almost done testing and then I'll post the sliders to the forum for those who are interested.
That makes sense, this is my first time messing around with sliders. It's crazy how much tweaking it takes to get a balance in the game. I'm a cpu vs cpu player so I would be very interested in what you come up with.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

I'm interested!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #69
Rookie

Manning18's Arena

Icon14 Re: CPU vs CPU Sliders (based off the Coach Mode Sliders)

Quote:

How is the testing going?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I am interested to know about this. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has there been any progress in these? I'm running a CPU vs CPU playoff system (and will post in the Dynasty section) and wanted some good sliders to use. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 11

So do you play the game without selecting either team, then super-sim?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »