Home

Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment

This is a discussion on Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment

These sliders are pretty solid, I just am going to make a few adjustments and post them on page 1.

Main issue on AA that I see is that the AI doesn't want to stomp on me when it has the chance. Almost like it wants the games to be close.

As much as it pains me, if you are going to play this game this year, you have to house rule out and 4 WR sets that have an interior receiver that runs a route greater than 10 or 15 yards down field. You may be OK with longer flag routes from the slot, but posts and fly patterns are WAY too effective for the human.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #18
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
These sliders are pretty solid, I just am going to make a few adjustments and post them on page 1.

Main issue on AA that I see is that the AI doesn't want to stomp on me when it has the chance. Almost like it wants the games to be close.

As much as it pains me, if you are going to play this game this year, you have to house rule out and 4 WR sets that have an interior receiver that runs a route greater than 10 or 15 yards down field. You may be OK with longer flag routes from the slot, but posts and fly patterns are WAY too effective for the human.

Agree, I'm going to use these for my Nebraska dynasty. Game 1 played Western Kentucky, won 44-3, running was tough only averaged 3.7 yds per carry but passed for 311 yards, I was surprised you moved run blocking down, but I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens. Up next, Idaho, should be another cake walk.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:31 AM   #19
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7

I just played a game using the sliders from about 2 hours ago, which means I had USER run block at 40, along with CPU rush defense at 90.

Kentucky (me) @ Louisville

I really struggled to run the ball early on. Not until the 2nd half could I start getting good yardage.

CPU offense was an atrocity.

Here are the results:

Score: UK 34 - UofL 10
First Downs: 17 / 6
Total Offense: 389 yds / 147 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 37-170-4 / 14-18-0
Comp-Att-TD: 14-27-1 / 14-30-1
Passing Yds: 219 / 129
3rd Dwn Conv: 7-13(53%) / 0-11(0%)
4th Dwn Conv: 0-3(0%) / 1-2(50%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 3-3-0(100%) / 1-0-1(100%)
Turnovers: 1 / 1
Fumbles (Lost): 0(0) / 1(1)
Interceptions: 1 / 0
Punts Avg: 1-36 / 7-36.9
Penalties-Yds: 3-30 / 4-20
TFL: 8 / 9
Sacks: 4 / 0
Pass Deflections: 7 / 7
Field Goals: 0-0 / 1-1
WR Drops: 3 / 3
Pancakes: 0 / 4

UofL RBs had 2 broken tackles.
UK RBs had 2 broken tackles.

Analysis:

1. I missed an extra point, and I shanked my only punt. Big surprise with the sliders set on zero.

2. CPU offense couldn't get anything going. 147 yards total offense, 0-11 on 3rd down.

So far, these sliders are leaving a bad taste in my mouth. In the first half, I felt like I mixed in the run w/ the pass very well, but I simply couldn't run the ball at all. Then, in the 2nd half, holes started opening, I started reaching the corner, etc... My longest run was only about 25 yards. Towards the end of the game, I killed the clock with a 75 yard TD drive of about 12 straight running plays.

Weird.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #20
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

I do have to say the game I played the CPU couldn't run at all, but it was Western Kentucky.....
Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

You really don't need to use house rules, if you adjust the coaching philosophy sliders. The game plays so much better, here is a link if anybody is interested... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #22
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganMan22
You really don't need to use house rules, if you adjust the coaching philosophy sliders. The game plays so much better, here is a link if anybody is interested... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html
Can you do this for online dynasty?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Can you do this for online dynasty?
Im not sure, but I would assume you can.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #24
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

OVR: 7

how are these playing out right now?
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »