Home

SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

Definitely could be... I am leaning toward the interception slider though
Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #74
Rookie

Morikal's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Definitely could be... I am leaning toward the interception slider though

Why on earth would they have made the interception slider affect how often ball-carriers fumble? (I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just baffled as to why it would be that...)

I recall reading in a couple slider threads (forget which ones) that a lot of people are seeing a large increase in fumbles after patch 3... maybe its just a core game issue with patch 3?

Perhaps pumping RB ability & tackling (to compensate) would be good? (Assuming RB ability applies to anyone carrying the ball)
Are there undesired side effects from this?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 32

This is the only slider setting of mine that could even remotely be considered an extreme change from my last slider set, which played wonderfully. It is just a hunch and worth investing some time into to be sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #76
Rookie

Morikal's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
This is the only slider setting of mine that could even remotely be considered an extreme change from my last slider set, which played wonderfully. It is just a hunch and worth investing some time into to be sure.
Maybe I'll test tonight with ints at 0 just to see what happens. (Or would you try 45? I had them at 50 in that game with the double fumble after the int, and there had been other fumbles that game too...)
Old 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #77
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

SEC... tried a couple of things last night and I think I found the solution. Try turning Home Field Advantage Off and Run Defense to Zero for both CPU / HUM.

Running game came back and the game felt like release week again. I have interceptions at 45 and still had a few 4 cpu fumbles and a few interceptions but I was running everything at 50 except QBA (20) WR Catch (40) Tackle (40)

See what you think, but it makes sense that EA would not get some arbitrary "auto" adjustment right like Home Field Advantage and Rush Defense when they clearly get so much wrong
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #78
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Played dynasty game with UK vs MSU, UK 3 fumbles, MSU 7 fumbles.

Home field advantage off, NO. That makes no sense.

But something has to be done about fumbles.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #79
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
Played dynasty game with UK vs MSU, UK 3 fumbles, MSU 7 fumbles.

Home field advantage off, NO. That makes no sense.

But something has to be done about fumbles.
How does Home Field Advantage OFF make no sense? Do you know what it affects? Of course you don't .. but the running game opened back up for the cpu with it off.

Do you know what RUN DEFENSE does? Again ... no we don't ... why? Because it isn't a measureable skill.

With Home Field Ad off and Run Defense at zero it feels like I am back to playing the sliders and the player ratings and not somethng EA pulled out of the air. Needs more testing anyway.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
How does Home Field Advantage OFF make no sense? Do you know what it affects? Of course you don't .. but the running game opened back up for the cpu with it off.

Do you know what RUN DEFENSE does? Again ... no we don't ... why? Because it isn't a measureable skill.

With Home Field Ad off and Run Defense at zero it feels like I am back to playing the sliders and the player ratings and not somethng EA pulled out of the air. Needs more testing anyway.
HFA might help things; we'll see. But run defense at zero is just plain not going to work.

You DON'T WANT player's getting knocked down all the time and having to get up to chase the ball. It will be really, really unrealistic and it will look terrible.

My opinion is that fumbling issues are coming from the gameplanning feature. I would imagine the CPU is playing 'aggressive' with the running backs.

I've played about 4 games with these sliders and 2 of them were fine, with no fumbling issues at all. The only variable thing between the games was the gameplan the CPU was using.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »