Home

SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

This is a discussion on SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #33
Rookie

Morikal's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SECElite's Patch 3 All-American Sliders

Hi SEC,

I have just a couple questions:

- You keep mentioning the coaching sliders. I'm a little confused, as I would have thought these only affected how my team plays when I sim a game. Is this correct? The context in which you mention them seems to imply that they can also affect your opponent's play in a non-simmed game?

- My goal is to have realistic, challenging games, without the game being unfair. Do you have any rules that go along with your sliders? I guess what I mean is, with your sliders, do you find that if I were to, say, blitz every play on defense, the CPU would respond well, and roll over me? If I run cheesy hail-mary plays every time on offense, will the CPU adjust and eat me up with your sliders? (Not that I want to do this--I like to vary my plays, I'm just wondering what patterns or sets of plays, if any, will be abusive of the CPU with your sliders, so I can know not to fall into those patterns)

Thanks a bunch for your sliders, I'm gonna start testing them out when I get home from work.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Book, I'll bite... Is there really truth to lowered tackling helping the CPU running game? For you guys testing the sliders; test hum tackling at 25 and see if that helps with improving the CPU running game. (aside from missed tackles)
Personally I don't like lowering the tackle rating as you start to see HB's ploughing through linebacker tackles when they've got break tackles ratings and strength ratings in the 50's. Starts making the games frustrating rather than fun when you line up a perfect tackle on a WR just to see him run you straight over and head off for a TD.
I personally prefer upping the CPU RBA rating a tad.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morikal
Hi SEC,

I have just a couple questions:

- You keep mentioning the coaching sliders. I'm a little confused, as I would have thought these only affected how my team plays when I sim a game. Is this correct? The context in which you mention them seems to imply that they can also affect your opponent's play in a non-simmed game?

- My goal is to have realistic, challenging games, without the game being unfair. Do you have any rules that go along with your sliders? I guess what I mean is, with your sliders, do you find that if I were to, say, blitz every play on defense, the CPU would respond well, and roll over me? If I run cheesy hail-mary plays every time on offense, will the CPU adjust and eat me up with your sliders? (Not that I want to do this--I like to vary my plays, I'm just wondering what patterns or sets of plays, if any, will be abusive of the CPU with your sliders, so I can know not to fall into those patterns)

Thanks a bunch for your sliders, I'm gonna start testing them out when I get home from work.
Very good questions

First and foremost, I do not have any rules with my sliders. I play a game that is just about as simulation as one can get. In other words, I do not rely on money plays and I do not let the computer call the plays for me. This in my opinion takes the fun out of the game by eliminating the chess match. I call my plays based on the situation. I play the CPU just as I would a user in a ranked match trying to disguise zone coverage, faking blitzes, and utilizing hot routes. I break the huddle with no intention of calling audibles or hot routing receivers at the line. I call my audibles based on my defensive reads.

The challenge for me is trying to play the perfect game.

let me say, the coaching sliders play a HUGE role in the CPU adjusting to your playcalling. Defensive aggression for most teams is very high at default in this game. Because of this, you will see teams blitz almost every down. This reduces the overall challenge because a user who has acclimated himself well and can read defenses quickly will usually find someone wide open on every single play. obviously, the CPU will have a much more difficult time adjusting to your playcalling if it is programmed to blitz on every down.

Here are some rules of thumb for testing sliders:

1.First and foremost, make sure to change the coaching sliders after starting your dynasty. All 120 teams took around an hour for me to do but trust me in saying, your time is well spent. The thread I used to make the adjustments is identified in my original post.

2. Test only in your dynasty

3. Don't use your primary teams to test with. You can play any game within a dynasty, even if they are not your teams by going to ESPN Scores and schedules. I have fun with this because I don't have to determine the matchups, the games count, I can assign the uniform combinations they actually used in the game, and I can even setup stadium sounds for a very realistic experience. If I don't feel up to playing a game, I can do all of the previous, and just match the CPU vs CPU. Trust me, it is entertaining.

4. Most of all have fun: There are over 1000 games at your disposal so there is no need to restart any of the games... accept the results and do not play any of your primary dynasty teams until you are comfortable with the slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #36
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Book, I'll bite... Is there really truth to lowered tackling helping the CPU running game? For you guys testing the sliders; test hum tackling at 25 and see if that helps with improving the CPU running game. (aside from missed tackles)
Of course you will have CPU RB with a lot of BT but IMO is the only way to make CPU run the ball good.

otherwise good RB wonīt be hard to stop. And some teams wins by only running the football.

Just donīt look BT, beside BT on NCAA video game are unrealistic... there are a lot of missed tackles in real life.

YPC and all Running game stats > BT -> all Day
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #37
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivs
Personally I don't like lowering the tackle rating as you start to see HB's ploughing through linebacker tackles when they've got break tackles ratings and strength ratings in the 50's. Starts making the games frustrating rather than fun when you line up a perfect tackle on a WR just to see him run you straight over and head off for a TD.
I personally prefer upping the CPU RBA rating a tad.
so you preferred to rise ALL the other ratings (speed, acc, etc) instead of rising BT rating?

I explained on the above why i choose to set tackle lower instead of making RB better in a whole as they should..

in NCAA Defense doesnīt tackles as their are NFLs.

this is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzhzM...eature=related

for madden/ncaa on that play, there were 3 tackles.. but in NCAA engine...
how many times we see missed tackles, imo, very often, actually is hard to find 1 on 1 tackles in the open field
Old 09-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 32

Yeah,

I think I only made the consideration to lower the tackle based on Playmaker's and some other member beliefs that lowering the tackle slider could help the CPU running game. Since I am on the road and away from my XBox this week, I was hoping a few guys would put his idea to the test.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
so you preferred to rise ALL the other ratings (speed, acc, etc) instead of rising BT rating?

I explained on the above why i choose to set tackle lower instead of making RB better in a whole as they should..

in NCAA Defense doesnīt tackles as their are NFLs.

this is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzhzM...eature=related

for madden/ncaa on that play, there were 3 tackles.. but in NCAA engine...
how many times we see missed tackles, imo, very often, actually is hard to find 1 on 1 tackles in the open field
Yeah I get what your saying. I just meant that you don't want to lower it too much otherwise it just becomes unrealistic and frustrating to see weak players running over big linebackers, whether it helps the final result of the game to be realistic or not I reckon.
I haven't been able to try these sliders out yet so I don't really know what the tackling is like, but if lowering it one notch doesn't cause missed tackles all over the place then it's definitely the right choice to just lower tackling.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Ok, I admit that I went all out with the interception slider in this slider set. My hope was that raising the interception slider would provide a "merciless retribution" to those who aren't accustomed to reading defenses and try to force passes. 80 I admit may be a little over the top and the number of interceptions I observed last night backs that up thoroughly.

The interesting thing i found, is that while witnessing a large number of interceptions, I also witnessed more fumbles than I ever have in previous games.

Could it be that the interception slider not only contributes as factor in the frequency of interceptions, but to the frequency of fumbles as well? What in the world does this slider do? Seriously!
I noticed a lot of fumbles after patch 3 before ever upping my interceptions with your sliders. So, I don't think it has anything to do with that slider. I read somewhere that the interception slider determines if the defender will be in good position to pick the ball off, not how well he catches, not sure if there's any truth to that though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »