Home

good spread option sliders

This is a discussion on good spread option sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
good spread option sliders

I like to use Oregon's book, WVU's, Utah's...TCU's...

None of the slider sets that I'm seeing post patch 3 really work for this kind of an offense because the CPU just flat out reacts too quick to run an option attack.

Anyone have any slider's that work? I've tried PM's...I've tried SEC's and others, but it seems the only way I can get this offense to run smoothly is to bump human blocking up to 60 and lower the cpu rush d to 40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: good spread option sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I like to use Oregon's book, WVU's, Utah's...TCU's...

None of the slider sets that I'm seeing post patch 3 really work for this kind of an offense because the CPU just flat out reacts too quick to run an option attack.

Anyone have any slider's that work? I've tried PM's...I've tried SEC's and others, but it seems the only way I can get this offense to run smoothly is to bump human blocking up to 60 and lower the cpu rush d to 40.

i have been using fistofrages heisman sliders and i know you might think when your putting the sliders in that they will work well but i have found that the read option works with these sliders better than any i have used but of course you have to read the def before the snap to see if it will even work, it takes practice but i have enjoyed the read option with these sliders but they are not perfect but i would start with these and tweak to your liking
Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeande22
i have been using fistofrages heisman sliders and i know you might think when your putting the sliders in that they will work well but i have found that the read option works with these sliders better than any i have used but of course you have to read the def before the snap to see if it will even work, it takes practice but i have enjoyed the read option with these sliders but they are not perfect but i would start with these and tweak to your liking
Tried them, the DL is instantly in the backfield. CPU Rush D over 50 just allows them to A) jump the snap 90% of the time and B) get in the backfield in about .5 seconds.

I respect fist's sliders, but they are far too advanced for the offense I want to run and my overall playing ability.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Tried them, the DL is instantly in the backfield. CPU Rush D over 50 just allows them to A) jump the snap 90% of the time and B) get in the backfield in about .5 seconds.

I respect fist's sliders, but they are far too advanced for the offense I want to run and my overall playing ability.
I had a different experience with these last night. I went into my Michigan dynasty and chose a random game of fairly even teams. I was UCF playing at Kansas State and i was able to run the ball fairly consitently from shotgun. Needless to say i was shocked. Now i will add that i have adjusted my coach strategy sliders within the dynasty and i think that had some effect. I think the thread for the coach settings is in this forum. Maybe you should try them. Also another little thing i think helped is not mashing down on the stick all the way when i get the ball. I play with auto sprint so the left stick is pressure sensitive as we all now by now so if you push it all the way in whatever direction you wanna go it acts as if your pushing turbo and we all know from past versions the D-line and LB's seem get off blocks easier when turbo is activated behind the line of scrimmage. I don't remember the exact stats but i ran for about 140 with UCF's RB and the QB had a couple of nice read options keeps for about 6-7 yd gains. His trhowing was horrible though (7-24) but all in all it was a fun game.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
MVP

I didn't know that about the stick!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I didn't know that about the stick!
Yea i had forgotten about it for awhile until last night. I played my Michigan game against UConn and was mashing the stick, etc. UConn stuffed almost everything. The only yards i got really were because of Robinson. So try feathering your stick instead of mashing because the other advantage is your able to make cuts easier too. At first it's gonna be hard to break the habit because you feel like if you don't run at top speed the hole is gonna close on you, and sometimes it will, but it does help. And like i said make those adjustments to the coach strategies i'm pretty certain that helped also because if the cpu is not blitzing as much then there less likely to blow up your play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »