Home

All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets

This is a discussion on All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: All-American Sliders - Averaged from 6 sets

The statistics and averages are nice from an analytical standpoint; however, from a practical standpoint, I think this slider set will lack the balance that each maker finds. Each slider maker has different ways to balance user and cpu passing game, running game, coverage, etc. that an average between might not create a balanced set. Even thoug my sliders are very similar, slight changes are constantly made by myself and others to balance to perfection. Also, the way I try to balance the human running game maybe different than SecElite or SN. These differences in tactics will not really mesh together in a slider set, leading to some over or underpowered sliders, but I could be wrong. Overall, nice work and it's always good to have extra data to work with.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr

Last edited by kkman187; 09-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I worry about the human rushing with the CPU rush d up that high. At 55, I'm seeing the DL instantly get into the backfield (hum run block is set at 50).
I wouldn't think of playing any lower than 70, I still average 4.0+ yards per carry.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #11
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
I wouldn't think of playing any lower than 70, I still average 4.0+ yards per carry.

In Year 2012. Just defeated #6 Florida with #5 Miami at home 29-17. Everything felt good with the game. Pretty realistic stats, however, I had to up the HUM Pass block to 45 as my line was releasing blocks WAY too early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #12
Rookie

chino22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
I agree completely.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
In Year 2012. Just defeated #6 Florida with #5 Miami at home 29-17. Everything felt good with the game. Pretty realistic stats, however, I had to up the HUM Pass block to 45 as my line was releasing blocks WAY too early.
I wasn't looking to create the perfect set of sliders from the averages, but a base for those to start their own based on what others have made. Just a starting spot.

Glad you had a good game.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:18 AM   #14
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for your work here. Having some idea of the "middle area" in all these slider sets will be helpful to alot us. I like how the obvious ones are still the same as most slider sets, like QBA at 10-20. Some slider makers are better passers, or rushers, or defenders, or different styles of playcalling, and stick skills. Just so many variables, so this is a great idea for a do-it-yourself starter set. Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

FLAT OUT, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST SLIDERS, imo...
I had been tearing out my hair after the 3rd patch and even deleted my 12 team dynasty (of my favorite teams) in year 3 because the sliders were so bad. I started up another 4 team dynasty that I was testing sliders with and played to week 8. I could just not find the right combo.
So, I had started up a 5 team dynasty, so that I could test sliders from start to finish. I researched it the first weekend of Oct and ran a few test games. Stumbled upon these that saturday, because of a bump of someone else's combo sliders. Link to these and now I NEED to give big ups to MR. SWYHTE21...You just saved my sanity. SO, I'm running this 5 team tester dynasty, while starting up the 12 team again. I got deep with the 5 quickly, so now I just finished my first week of the 12 team dynasty. Nice finish, going 9-3 for the week. going to do some recruiting then hit the game tomorrow.
I'll start stat'ing this weeks for you to see how awesome they play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »