Home

AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

This is a discussion on AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
Haven't tried the sliders yet. What's the big differences you think in yours and SEC Elite's?
Missed this question. To be honest, I don't think I could really tell you except that these are the ones I built from scratch before having really done much at AA. You could take that as "You had no experience with AA so they must suck" or "you looked at AA with a fresh eye so they might be good", the choice is yours.

To be frank, I simply wasn't 100% happy with the sliders I'd tried. I used to make relatively popular sliders every year for Madden on LastGen, but hadn't really done it in a while. Maybe I'm rusty, or maybe I've learned enough to be better at it since.

Reading SECElite's slider thread, WOW, they're pretty damn close to the same thing. Close enough I don't think I'd have even released these had I looked at his first. There are a few things... I don't see the CPU QB being very effective in his sliders, and I am not a fan of slow speed or 0 threshold.

Anyways, noting the similarities, I shot SEC a PM. Don't want him to think I purposefully copied him.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

QUOTE: Go to Team Management/Coaching Philosophies in dynasty. You can adjust for all teams, not just yours (yours shows up by default). This is important, because unless you make the adjustments at the bottom (the spreadsheet numbers are optional, they improve play calling and the sim engine, but aren't 100% necessary... the adjustments below are necessary), the CPU will blitz constantly... this means lots of big gains from underneath throws.

These options, IIRC, aren't available in online dynasties. END QUOTE

Just to make sure, none of this affects online dynasties? Can't change the subs, etc etc?

With the red numbers at the bottom of that first post, what is the left number?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
QUOTE: Go to Team Management/Coaching Philosophies in dynasty. You can adjust for all teams, not just yours (yours shows up by default). This is important, because unless you make the adjustments at the bottom (the spreadsheet numbers are optional, they improve play calling and the sim engine, but aren't 100% necessary... the adjustments below are necessary), the CPU will blitz constantly... this means lots of big gains from underneath throws.

These options, IIRC, aren't available in online dynasties. END QUOTE

Just to make sure, none of this affects online dynasties? Can't change the subs, etc etc?

With the red numbers at the bottom of that first post, what is the left number?
Left number is whatever the chart says, right number is what you change it too for played games.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #20
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Just lost a crushing game to Houston in my Tulane dynasty. Thanks a freakin lot adembroski. CRAP! Oh well, I use SN's sliders but I was still lighting up the score board with passing yards. I tried what I though was everything and then I saw your sliders for OL/DL engagements and decided to plug those in. PRESTO...a whole new game opens up as far as passing strategy and AI gameplay. I had literally 3-5 seconds to make a decision (which is standard in EVERY level of football QB, its called a mental clock) forces me to make reads and really be in tune with my WR's as to time doesnt allow for anything else especially when you have garbage talent that is TULANE! The only and I mean ONLY thing AJ i would say to do is for more skilled players to up the CPU pass block slider to either 35 or 40. I was still manhandling the CPU line and getting TOO much pressure with very mediocre talent and with it set to 40 I liked it a ton as to it provided realistic pressure. Some will like it at 35 but nothing below or over 40 IMO. Like I said the rest I use SN sliders as far as run game and pass coverage because that plays out VERY nicely but your OL/DL engagement slider is money brother. Also the Dynasty team sliders make ALL the difference in the world. I cant even say that enough. Season is really turning out nicely with stats and scores. Loving every minute of it. My only thing I would say as a house rule for all dynasty players in play with injuries on ONLY IN YOUR GAME THAT YOU PLAY and when simming turn them off. Some crazy injuries happen that ruin a season for me to all the best players which is insane. Broken femurs and really players missing a whole game sim wise on a weekly basis. Thanks again brother and I def look forward to getting back some confidence after that crushing defeat! Oh! and some stats real quick:

Tulane 28 Houston 33
Keenum

63% Pass completion
425 yards and 3 TD's
Carrier and cleveland 100+ yards
Beal had 25 yards on 15 carries

Defense had 3 INT's that were all my QB's stinkin fault. Stupid reject overthrew wide open dudes and was just crap in the clucth. Realistic though, never felt cheated.

Penelties killed me... Houston had great play calling when I changed these OL/DL sliders. Its like they play to their strengths more. I dont know but it was the first time the CPU really adjusted and made me work.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Just lost a crushing game to Houston in my Tulane dynasty. Thanks a freakin lot adembroski. CRAP! Oh well, I use SN's sliders but I was still lighting up the score board with passing yards. I tried what I though was everything and then I saw your sliders for OL/DL engagements and decided to plug those in. PRESTO...a whole new game opens up as far as passing strategy and AI gameplay. I had literally 3-5 seconds to make a decision (which is standard in EVERY level of football QB, its called a mental clock) forces me to make reads and really be in tune with my WR's as to time doesnt allow for anything else especially when you have garbage talent that is TULANE! The only and I mean ONLY thing AJ i would say to do is for more skilled players to up the CPU pass block slider to either 35 or 40. I was still manhandling the CPU line and getting TOO much pressure with very mediocre talent and with it set to 40 I liked it a ton as to it provided realistic pressure. Some will like it at 35 but nothing below or over 40 IMO. Like I said the rest I use SN sliders as far as run game and pass coverage because that plays out VERY nicely but your OL/DL engagement slider is money brother. Also the Dynasty team sliders make ALL the difference in the world. I cant even say that enough. Season is really turning out nicely with stats and scores. Loving every minute of it. My only thing I would say as a house rule for all dynasty players in play with injuries on ONLY IN YOUR GAME THAT YOU PLAY and when simming turn them off. Some crazy injuries happen that ruin a season for me to all the best players which is insane. Broken femurs and really players missing a whole game sim wise on a weekly basis. Thanks again brother and I def look forward to getting back some confidence after that crushing defeat! Oh! and some stats real quick:

Tulane 28 Houston 33
Keenum

63% Pass completion
425 yards and 3 TD's
Carrier and cleveland 100+ yards
Beal had 25 yards on 15 carries

Defense had 3 INT's that were all my QB's stinkin fault. Stupid reject overthrew wide open dudes and was just crap in the clucth. Realistic though, never felt cheated.

Penelties killed me... Houston had great play calling when I changed these OL/DL sliders. Its like they play to their strengths more. I dont know but it was the first time the CPU really adjusted and made me work.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm currently 4-3 in year 3 of my Notre Dame dynasty and feel like I've lost the games I should. I was blown out in one, had a close loss that could have gone either way, and the other loss was one of those where I felt like I was the better team but couldn't quite put the game away. One of the reasons I really like the direction I'm going.

CPU protection is certainly something I'm looking into. It feels pretty good where it is on my end, but it could be a product of my lack of skill. Certainly something that needs further tweaking.

In other news: I'm working on some stuff with SECElite right now, as our sliders are so close but we're going in different directions with the running game. Since we have similar ideas as to what is realistic and not and how the sliders work, we're going to work on creating different versions of basically the same thing; mine for normal speed, his for slow.

He has recently made a major adjustment to the CPU running game that I'm looking into. I'm not sure if I'll adopt the way he approached it, but I'm going to play with it a bit and see how it works out.

Also, look for some pretty significant changes to the USER running game soon as well. I need to create a better balance of line play and back play. As it stands, the HB is too good for the user.

-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm currently 4-3 in year 3 of my Notre Dame dynasty and feel like I've lost the games I should. I was blown out in one, had a close loss that could have gone either way, and the other loss was one of those where I felt like I was the better team but couldn't quite put the game away. One of the reasons I really like the direction I'm going.

CPU protection is certainly something I'm looking into. It feels pretty good where it is on my end, but it could be a product of my lack of skill. Certainly something that needs further tweaking.

In other news: I'm working on some stuff with SECElite right now, as our sliders are so close but we're going in different directions with the running game. Since we have similar ideas as to what is realistic and not and how the sliders work, we're going to work on creating different versions of basically the same thing; mine for normal speed, his for slow.

He has recently made a major adjustment to the CPU running game that I'm looking into. I'm not sure if I'll adopt the way he approached it, but I'm going to play with it a bit and see how it works out.

Also, look for some pretty significant changes to the USER running game soon as well. I need to create a better balance of line play and back play. As it stands, the HB is too good for the user.
Sounds very promising AJ! I just got back in town so I hope to get a few games in this weekend, and if I do I will definitely leave some feedback ... thanks for the efforts!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Cool enough man. I would say for more skilled players 40 is the way to go. I operate in and out of several schemes using formation subs. I use the 4-3, 4-4, and both the normal nickel and the 3-3-5 sets depending on the team I am playing.Houston was a very well executed air raid team so I had some good chess matches in my cover schemes and trying to dial up some blitzes. Also at this level, user control sacks is earned and not given which we all know that if a user controls the LE, more often than not a sack is gonna happen. So ratings matter in the trenches for sure. I have my own personell roster set that I edited and rerated to match real life tendecies and maddens formula so I tested the best end in college (robert quinn) against some of the top tackles and guards in college it really felt like a battle of wills and skill. I also use a very intense auto subs set that utilizes the stamina rating and proper use of your bench. I can PM those to you if you want to test those out.

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 09-18-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #24
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

CPU rush defense @80
Human run block @25
CPU tackling @40

This makes the user run game honest and true brother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »