Home

AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

This is a discussion on AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'll have new sliders for the running game up soon, but that doesn't sound unreasonable.
Let's go AJ, I don't have all season to wait on you!!! haha

I actually got some play time in this afternoon and dropped human run defense just to see how that would affect game play, but I will wait to see what you come up with first before settling on anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #66
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Well, I'm back to square one.

Too much damned penetration, or too many damned pancakes. It's one way or the other to get realistic numbers. But if I get realistic numbers out of the shotgun, running from under center becomes ridiculously overpowered.

Two major issues with running out of the gun. The CPU is just plain stupid... it will make the wrong decision on options 50% of the time, and then it wont even hit the hole with any authority if it does. Take the Read Option... if the QB decides to keep it, he wont head straight for the lane, he'll run about 2-4 yards parallel to the line of scrimmage before turning up field, giving the defense plenty of time to adjust. I wish I could just make the CPU not call read option, but that's not possible.

I can make the running game from under center solidly realistic, so that's what I'm going to shoot for. What happens with the shotgun running from there, I'm not going to worry about. If you run spread, you'll have to make adjustments.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #67
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

The only thing I found that needed to be changed with these sliders was the CPU running game and CPU run defense. Other than that these are playing fantastic for me. I don't think huge change is in order, just maybe some minor adjusting.. I'll do some more testing in dynasty this week and see what I can come up with.. Thanks for the hard work.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #68
Banned

Getting any testing in AJ ... or has every day life kept you away from gaming lately? Looking forward to your "finished" set!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #69
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm surprised you keep the Run/Pass Defense slider in Coaching Strategy so high for the CPU controlled teams. The CPU is completely incompetent in zone defense.

I'm now testing CPU/CPU games with all teams using a Run/Pass Defense of 15 and it has made a HUGE difference in the defensive efficiency.

Then again, a HUM controlled team with huge amounts of speed would carve up CPU man defense.

What have your observations been with the CPU's defensive performance with high/low settings?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #70
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

New job, other responsibilities have my attention at the moment. Will be taking a bit of a break on this, don't even think I'll get a chance to play. Will update when I'm back at it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
New job, other responsibilities have my attention at the moment. Will be taking a bit of a break on this, don't even think I'll get a chance to play. Will update when I'm back at it.
Any more testing on these AJ? I'd like to see what you came up with to improve the cpu run game, and maybe tone down the human run game ... hoping to start my first dynasty this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »