Home

SteelerSpartan's Custom Heisman Sliders(Version 3.0)

This is a discussion on SteelerSpartan's Custom Heisman Sliders(Version 3.0) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: SteelerSpartan's Custom Heisman Sliders(Version 3.0)

Hey Steeler, been liking your previous sliders so will be interested to give these a whirl. I like your slider setup as they are very similar to the ones I created myself. People turn their eyebrows up when I show them sliders with 0..."No pass blocking???? No FG Power???" To me your sliders have been working. Offline that is, I have not tried using your sliders in an Online Dynasty.

This brings me to a question/inquiry I have about the sliders in general. I've taken my own custom set of sliders, tested, tested and retested with Play Now and my offline Dynasty getting results that felt right for me and my play style. I ran into an issue though when I started an Online Dynasty using the same Sliders and settings. Every game a user played against the CPU was a complete disaster. The first 2 games of the season I had to end up simming because I was losing so bad in the first half. I'm talking the CPU putting up 41 to 48 points in the first half to my 0.

If these were games I expected to lose that bad, like New Mexico State (User) vs Boise State (CPU), it wouldn't be a problem. The fact is though, I can play an offline game using the same opponents and get the results I'm looking for time and time again.

This wasn't happening just to me either. The other two members of my Online Dynasty were losing games 65 - 14, 73 - 21, etc. The only thing I could possibly think of was that the Online Dynasty sliders function differently than the Offline Dynasty sliders. Have you noticed a difference between the Offline Slider sets and the Online Dynasty Slider sets?

It just doesn't make sense that I can play multiple offline games using specific CPU vs USER teams and get expected results, then take those same settings and opponents to an Online Dynasty and see the CPU absolutely dominate and crush the USER.

Maybe if you haven't seen this, possibly someone else in the forum has. Obviously if you do not commish an Online Dynasty you wouldn't see a change.

I can't be crazy!

Thanks for all your work towards the sliders and sharing your findings. I'll implement your newest sliders and give them a whirl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

^^^no, can't be of much use with that because I haven't played any ODs

but Ive seen others suggest the same thing your describing, where the game will play differently dynasties

I won't be able to test things out for while until I get my Xbox back from a repair center....I was getting pretty good games though before it broke down on me

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
^^^no, can't be of much use with that because I haven't played any ODs

but Ive seen others suggest the same thing your describing, where the game will play differently dynasties

I won't be able to test things out for while until I get my Xbox back from a repair center....I was getting pretty good games though before it broke down on me
Thats cool. Yeah, I played my first game last night with these sliders in a newly created online dynasty. The first game was against FCS so as ridiculous as those stats were, I'm not gonna report those. Once I get into regular competition I will post my results both Offline Dyn and Online. Just to compare. I really think it is the case that Online Dyn sliders are handled differently.

I also wonder how much difference there is between XBOX 360 sliders and PS3 sliders. Would be interesting to test them both just for the interest to know.

Thanks for all the work and hope you get your system back soon.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #28
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Clemson(me)16 at North Carolina 14: 8 min Qrts
Slider Notes: Version 3.1

Oct 20, 2010 - CLEM at UNC
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Clemson (16)630716
North Carolina (14)0001414
Team Stats Comparison
CLEM
UNC
312Total Offense160
116Rushing Yards48
196Passing Yards112
18First Downs6
26Punt Return Yards6
21Kick Return Yards67
359Total Yards233
3Turnovers2
6-143rd Down Converstion2-8
1-14th Down Conversion0
02-Point Conversion1-2
3-1-1Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-1-0
4-30Penalties4-37
21:54Posession Time10:10
Clemson Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
QB-k.Parker 99.115-291961-313.0
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
A. Ellington12342.8010
R.McDowell11585.2018
North Carolina Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
T.Yates126.310-191122-111.2
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
S.Draugn12645.3013

Game Impressions:

Well I came out and had a great 1st half and moved the ball well in between the 20s...however I came up short in the redzone and had to settle for 3 field goals....my D shut them down good...Yates didn't know what to do without a running game to back him

In the 2nd half though, I got cocky and nearly threw the game away...throwing 3 interceptions

I stopped em after the 1st one but they stole the momentum after the 2nd one when Yates hit a 48 yard bomb to the back of the endzone.....

they scored again and nearly tied it but their 2 point conversion came up short

My CFB Teams:

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 10-21-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey steeler, im going to try your 3.1 version, how do they work with read option? also you had said you do alot of blitzing with audibles and i was just wondering if you could give me a few hints on what you do
thanks in advanced
Old 10-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeande22
hey steeler, im going to try your 3.1 version, how do they work with read option? also you had said you do alot of blitzing with audibles and i was just wondering if you could give me a few hints on what you do
thanks in advanced

Well I usually will play with WVU which has a 3-3-5 scheme.....

Theres 2-3 plays that I do a lot of stuff out of....and they're pretty much the same play just different formation....

And thats the

Middle Blitz (in the Stack/Across/ and to a lesser extent split) formations

I'll pick that play and then during pre-snap I'll start hot routing 1-2 of the blitzing LBs into Yellow zones....sometimes a DL

+

Pinch move the dl closer together to protect the draw/run and shift the yellow zone LBs to the side of the field that has the most receivers

If your not running the 3-3-5 Stack....there is the LB Rams Play in the 4-3..3-4 playbooks as well where you can do the same things

Other good plays in the basic nickle packages are

Nickle Normal-Over Storm Brave.....and....Under Smoke 2 Spy

^^For Over Storm apply the same scheme as the LB Rams...you just have 2 Lbs instead of 3

and for Under Smoke be careful when you use that one....usually only for 3rd and 6 or less.....as they' are good at hitting a wr or Te over the middle

With this play I like to switch the dl that are dropping into zone into pass rushing and the Lbs who are blitzing into zone

All of those take practice and you have to be fast before the snap to get your changes in otherwise you might leave your D out of position

One last tip is to have a good yellow zone coverage play in your audibles...as the cpu loves to run crossing stuff over the middle

My CFB Teams:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »