Home

Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU

This is a discussion on Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #9
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU

My slider set already figured this out. Not alot of folks (despite over 10,000 views on two forums) gave them a shot.

Follow Jerzey, I know the way
Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
The only concern I have is, how far can one lower the rush defense slider without dumbing the rush defense down to the point where the defense is not playing defense at all
See that is my thing. When I lowered run defense slider what it did is slow the reaction of the linebackers and secondary to STUPID levels. Instead of reading run half sec later or so, they would drop back completely into their zones before seeing the run. By this time the running back was at the second level.

Balancing lines is really important. But I think this will have negative effects on the rushing game.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
My slider set already figured this out. Not alot of folks (despite over 10,000 views on two forums) gave them a shot.

Follow Jerzey, I know the way
After reading your slider discussion on this I can honestly say I am intrigued now. Maybe you guys are right. I will check this out tonight when i get home.

Sal, what level is yours AA or Heisman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 32
Time and time again, I have seen defensive linemen fall immediately after the snap on default, almost as if they hit a brick wall. I see the suction blocking. I have put days into testing this for my slider set. Now, I am not disagreeing that your settings are providing great stats, and possibly realistic stats. As a matter of fact, I am sure you are getting some great games. However, I seriously doubt that the results you are getting have been obtained by realistic gameplay.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
See that is my thing. When I lowered run defense slider what it did is slow the reaction of the linebackers and secondary to STUPID levels. Instead of reading run half sec later or so, they would drop back completely into their zones before seeing the run. By this time the running back was at the second level.

Balancing lines is really important. But I think this will have negative effects on the rushing game.
This could very well be possible, but testing could be worth the time.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Time and time again, I have seen defensive linemen fall immediately after the snap on default, almost as if they hit a brick wall. I see the suction blocking. I have put days into testing this for my slider set. Now, I am not disagreeing that your settings are providing great stats, and possibly realistic stats. As a matter of fact, I am sure you are getting some great games. However, I seriously doubt that the results you are getting have been obtained by realistic gameplay.
Well it is the OS legends online dynasty. We ONLY play sim. So the way we play is realistic and supplies realistic results for the most part. Stats have all correlated with real world stats and records.

Now as far as the "gameplay" on a opinion basis then yes I agree somethings need adjusting. But from the adjusting I have done in search for making the run game harder for the user and better for the CPU. Dropping run defense clearly made my linebackers and secondary slow to react to the run. So I am not sure what could be causing you guys to see a realistic trench battle and not have you guys rushing for insane numbers. That I will have to try tonight and post my results. But I am pretty certain I will rush for over 200 with these settings. But like I said, I am intrigued now and look forward to checking this out to see for myself.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #15
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm also intrigued by the HFA at zero. I've always wanted to try this but never got around to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Home Field Advantage Off
All American Normal 50 Thres
QBA 20 WRC 40 INT 40 TACK 40 HUM/CPU
CPU Pass Cover upped to 60 in 5 pt increments during game
Rush Defense 0

Using DK's latest Roster

Louisville at Memphis
Score: 15 -38
First Down: 14 - 21
Rushes: 34/81/1 - 41/173/4
Passing:: 14/23/1 - 18/32/1
Pass Yds: 185 - 320
3rd Dwn: 3/11 - 7/14
Turnovers: 2 - 1
Fumbles: 1 - 1
INT: 1 - 0
Total Yards: 358 - 599
Penalties 1/5 - 1/15

This is not a slider set, just trying to get some numbers on rush defense 0 and home field advantage off.

I see what others mention about the safeties shadowing the ball but not committing early, not sure if that is a bad thing as it will save big touchdowns. I'll try a A - A team later and see if there are significant dangers of a powerful line and a wicked fast back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »