Home

Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU

This is a discussion on Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU

After weeks of testing all the sliders ... yadda yadda yadda

How to fix your favorite slider set after patch 3;

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE: OFF
RUN DEFENSE: Zero / Zero

For testing I have everything at 50 on All American Normal except
QB Accuracy 20
WR Catching 45
Interceptions 45
Tackling 40

The games are playing great ... defensive lineman are getting knocked down and have to get up to pursue, play action passes and options are working ... etc. And it looks like QB accuracy could be brought back up a bit but still testing.

Why I think this works? Home Field Advantage and Run Defense are arbitrary settings .. how do you adjust those per person ? You can't. So EA is just adding some "fudge" factor to change the out come of a particular circumstance, regardless of or in spite of the sliders.

Test it yourself and let me know if it's just a weird day at the office or a solution to the slider issues of NCAA Football 11!

Syde

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 09-17-2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Fix any slider set! HFA OFF, RUN DEFENSE 0 HUM/CPU

With run D at 50 most people are still running for 200+ yards. Dropping run D to 0 would end with people running for 300+ yards. Opposite effect I think most are looking for.

Just throwing that out there.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32
Nope, sydeburnz may have something here... Lowering the rush defense while lowering the run blocking certainly could work. Think about it.. A huge contributor to high user rushing yards, is suction blocking. Lowering the rush defense slider should, if the sliders work the way I think they work, with run blocking low, allow the offensive line to hold their blocks, while low run blocking will allow the defensive players the ability to play and move according to their ratings.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Nope, sydeburnz may have something here... Lowering the rush defense while lowering the run blocking certainly could work. Think about it.. A huge contributor to high user rushing yards, is suction blocking. Lowering the rush defense slider should, if the sliders work the way I think they work, with run blocking low, allow the offensive line to hold their blocks, while low run blocking will allow the defensive players the ability to play and move according to their ratings.
LOL yea but he has run blocking at 50 judging by his post. Of course if you drop them equally you are going to have results that mimic default 50 just with the added effect of the slider.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Banned

Not necessarily... Watch the interaction between the offensive line and defensive line with the sliders set at default. There is no balance. Offensive linemen behave like brick walls and defensive players are almost sucked into blocks. Absolutely no balance. Now lower pass blocking and pass defense to under 30. You will see much more balance and realistic interaction because the players will perform more closely to their ratings without the boost. There is absolutely more balance to the game at lower settings. If the run defense operates in the same manner, I would assume that the same idea would apply and provide the same result so Sydeburnz is definitely headed in the right direction IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Not necessarily... Watch the interaction between the offensive line and defensive line with the sliders set at default. There is no balance. Offensive linemen behave like brick walls and defensive players are almost sucked into blocks. Absolutely no balance. Now lower pass blocking and pass defense to under 30. You will see much more balance and realistic interaction because the players will perform more closely to their ratings without the boost. There is absolutely more balance to the game at lower settings. If the run defense operates in the same manner, I would assume that the same idea would apply and provide the same result so Sydeburnz is definitely headed in the right direction IMO
See I don't totally agree with that. I find the interaction might lean in the O-line slightly on default but not as drastic as you are making it sound. I still see very often on default AA DE's and DT's just completely flying by a lineman as if he was not there. Still see DT breaking through double teams and still see a realistic amount of yearly sack totals by players. We are on year 3 of the online franchise and only true stat that has jumped out being flawed in the CPU run game and slight decrease needed for hum run game. Outside of that everything else looks pretty darn solid on a yearly stat basis.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

With these settings Memphis had an average of 3 yds over 17 carries against Middle Tennessee in a couple quarters of testng it last night.

I'll play a C - C team and a A- A team and post the stats but the blocking looked good with it collapsing at times and getting blown open at others, as if the play call and the players rating actually mattered. But I needed thrid party verification as this was after a 8 hour Halo:Reach Co-Op Legendary run-thru so I coulda been seeing things
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Banned

The only concern I have is, how far can one lower the rush defense slider without dumbing the rush defense down to the point where the defense is not playing defense at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »