Home

Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment

This is a discussion on Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment

After Patch #3, there are a few things that are a bit frustrating on Heisman. Particularly that therer are multiple plays and formations that work too well because of the AI's defensive schemes. Paricularly any 5 wide sets, and 4 wide sets where the slot reciver runs a route greater than 10 yards deep, any Run play that has a tight formation and the runs goes to the outside or even off tackle as the AI crashes the middle when there are 3 yards to go or fewer.

So the goal is to create a game is that is as hard as heisman, but doesn't sabotage itself with crazy blitzes killits pass coverage.

So here it goes, this is just a test set. So please give impressions....

Speed Threshold 50
8 minute quarters

User Sliders
QB Accuracy: 10
Pass Blocking: 25
WR Catch: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 25 **This is up to preference if you run alot out of the shotgun, go higher.
Pass Coverage: 45
Pass Rush: 50
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 25
Tackling: 50
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 0
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 0
Kickoff Power: 35

CPU Sliders
QB Accuracy: 30
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catch: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 90
Pass Coverage: 75
Pass Rush: 75
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 90
Tackling: 60
FG Power: 25
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 50
Punt Accuracy: 100
Kickoff Power: 40

Last edited by fistofrage; 09-13-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fistofrage and Megatron3's All American Experiment

good idea fist. ill help out. i moved over last night after wondering if it could be better on AA. the prob i had before with AA after patch 2 was the cpu wouldn't ever put the game out of reach for the hum to come back. no killer instinct but they didn't run the ball well either. i play with threshold on 65 on AA and it really plays alot more realistic and you can push up your hum pass sliders which gives you more touch and power on throws. with the threshold high the cpu d plays tight against pass but with lower pass coverage they dont always make a play even when all over the wr. if your not happy with what you get on aa just keep raising the threshold to increase difficulty. another thing, its realistic. dont believe that dl will run you down. they wont. getting out of backfield will be hard if there is penetration. on heisman you have to lower it alot and i agree with what you had there. but here has to be over 50. if you find a challenging set with it lower i will try for sure.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 09-11-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

How many min quarters, speed and threshold?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

I'll test this out a bit today. I was liking the challenge of your Heisman set, but also felt there were a few flaws like you said that made it a bit annoying to use. So I'm looking forward to this AA set.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
good idea fist. ill help out. i moved over last night after wondering if it could be better on AA. the prob i had before with AA after patch 2 was the cpu wouldn't ever put the game out of reach for the hum to come back. no killer instinct but they didn't run the ball well either. i play with threshold on 65 on AA and it really plays alot more realistic and you can push up your hum pass sliders which gives you more touch and power on throws. with the threshold high the cpu d plays tight against pass but with lower pass coverage they dont always make a play even when all over the wr. if your not happy with what you get on aa just keep raising the threshold to increase difficulty. another thing, its realistic. dont believe that dl will run you down. they wont. getting out of backfield will be hard if there is penetration. on heisman you have to lower it alot and i agree with what you had there. but here has to be over 50. if you find a challenging set with it lower i will try for sure.
Yep, I was testing it at 60 but we'll try 65 based on what you said. I fear the AI's killer instinct, but I played a half against Iowa and it looked like they wanted to keep their foot on the gas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

i would use 65 as the high cap. its dependent on the the sliders also. know what i mean? turn this up this goes down kinda thing going on with threshold. seems like rb ability and tackle are the sliders most affected along with coverage and pass route running. somewhere in the sliders and the threshold is gonna be the sweet spot. just gotta find it. i really feel its goo anywhere between 50 and 65 but i was trying to make sliders based off of 65 and then if i felt there wasnt enough speed differential i would lower it. hows your passing game going? i have my pass accuracy on 25 right now and get some off throws. are you throwing with accuracy?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i would use 65 as the high cap. its dependent on the the sliders also. know what i mean? turn this up this goes down kinda thing going on with threshold. seems like rb ability and tackle are the sliders most affected along with coverage and pass route running. somewhere in the sliders and the threshold is gonna be the sweet spot. just gotta find it. i really feel its goo anywhere between 50 and 65 but i was trying to make sliders based off of 65 and then if i felt there wasnt enough speed differential i would lower it. hows your passing game going? i have my pass accuracy on 25 right now and get some off throws. are you throwing with accuracy?
I'll test some more after the Notre Dame debacle. I found in limited play that it was fine at 10 user, 20 AI, but more testing is needed. I thought it was fine at 10 on Heisman, so I can't see raising it on AA.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

yea, i think the sliders you have for hum should be the exact same on AA since only the cpu gets a bonus on heisman. you might actually have to lower some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »