Home

Megatron's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Megatron's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #25
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Megatron's Heisman Sliders

Week 9: Dynasty Mode - New Mexico (me) @ Colorado St.

Great game! Back and forth most of the way. My offense was really clicking the whole game. Penalties made it tough for me, but I was able to run the ball well, and my passing game was great.

I was really happy with my run game. New Mexico's Carrier had 27 rushes, 115 yds, 2 TDs, w/ a 4.2 avg.

Great results!

However, it was another tough loss for the Lobos! We kicked a FG to extend the lead to 24-20 with about 2 minutes left. Colorado St got the ball back, they drove the length of the field, and they scored a TD to win it. I had a chance to drive down the field at the end, but I just had too many dropped balls, and I turned it over on downs. WIDE OPEN receivers dropping passes on 3rd and 4th downs. Very frustrating, but typical.

Here are the results:

Score: New Mexico(me) 24 - Colorado St 27
First Downs: 18 / 10
Total Offense: 361 yds / 351 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 31-120-2 / 28-197-1
Comp-Att-TD: 13-31-1 / 11-17-2
Passing Yds: 241 / 154
3rd Dwn Conv: 7-11(63%) / 4-9(44%)
4th Dwn Conv: 0-2(0%) / 0-1(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 3-2-1(100%) / 3-2-1(100%)
Turnovers: 3 / 1
Fumbles (Lost): 1(1) / 1(1)
Interceptions: 2 / 0
Punts Avg: 0-0.0 / 1-42.0
Penalties-Yds: 6-45 / 5-37
TOP: 17:26 / 14:34
TFL: 6 / 7
Sacks: 2 / 1
Pass Deflections: 2 / 6
Field Goals: 1-1 / 2-3
WR Drops: 6 / 2
Pancakes: 1 / 5
Broken Tackles: 1 / 7

Slider Notes:

What can I say, these sliders are incredible! I'm not seeing very many USER interceptions. But then again, my secondary is atrocious. These guys play like complete morons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #26
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

I'm thinking about starting an online dynasty with these Heisman sliders. Would you guys be interested? We would start with teams rated no higher than 70 overall, and I plan on advancing at least twice per week - on Tuesday and Saturday nights.

The idea is to get your butt kicked early on and work hard to build up your program.

If I get some interest I'll drop a thread in the online section.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #27
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Week 10: Dynasty Mode - Wyoming @ New Mexico (me).

Another week, another heartbreaking loss. This time, I led the ENTIRE GAME - until the CPU went Robo QB in the final 1:30.

I had a 12 point lead and the ball going into the final 5 minutes of the game. Of course, I came out - and I couldn't complete a pass because my receivers dropped 3 straight balls. Three and out - complete BS. CPU gets it, flies down the field for an easy TD. I get it back with 3 minutes left. I get a penalty for holding, completely kills my drive, and I have to give it back with 2 minutes left. CPU throws 2 passes, scores an easy TD. I get it back, down by 1. I move down the field down to about the 40 yard line, and I get called for holding again. Kills my drive and I turn it over on downs. Game over. The CPU even calls clipping on itself at the end just to rub it in. Jerk.

I had 8 freakin penalties called against me! Ugh!

This was the 2nd straight game I should have won, but I got completely screwed at the end. I mean, the better team won, but still... it's frustrating.

Here are the results:

Score: Wyoming 22 - New Mexico(me) 21
First Downs: 20 / 14
Total Offense: 382 yds / 285 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 31-65-0 / 28-65-3
Comp-Att-TD: 24-33-2 / 13-32-0
Passing Yds: 317 / 220
3rd Dwn Conv: 7-14(50%) / 5-12(41%)
4th Dwn Conv: 0-1(0%) / 1-3(33%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 3-1-1(67%) / 3-3-0(100%)
Turnovers: 1 / 2
Fumbles (Lost): 1(1) / 1(0)
Interceptions: 0 / 2
Punts Avg: 2-30.5 / 3-47.3
Penalties-Yds: 5-55 / 8-57
TOP: 12:52 / 19:08
TFL: 11 / 11
Sacks: 2 / 2
Pass Deflections: 2 / 3
Field Goals: 1-2 / 0-0
WR Drops: 1 / 6
Pancakes: 2 / 0
Broken Tackles: 4 / 2

Slider Notes:

Wyoming ran the no-huddle offense the entire game. Anyone who's tried playing against this on Heisman knows how difficult it can be. I played some solid bend-but-don't-break defense, and I held a good lead for the entire game. But things feel apart right at the end.

What can I say - my team sucks. Sliders worked out, I guess. (unfortunately)
Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron3
I'm thinking about starting an online dynasty with these Heisman sliders. Would you guys be interested? We would start with teams rated no higher than 70 overall, and I plan on advancing at least twice per week - on Tuesday and Saturday nights.

The idea is to get your butt kicked early on and work hard to build up your program.

If I get some interest I'll drop a thread in the online section.
The pace sounds perfect for me. I'd be interested.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

One question I have is when you say only play as the DT does that mean you are player locking yourself on a DT?

I did that for my first couple of games every snap and lost 2 games with Tennessee. First game lost to Wake Forest on a FG 22-20 then almost beat Oregon but lost 42-35.

I couldn't really get close to getting to the QB in either game it seemed almost every snap if I tried any type of move I would get knocked right to the ground. This allowed the CPU QB to have all day to throw as the pass rush just never got there.

This might be because UT doesn't have a good D-line but it just seemed like the QB had an absurd amount of time to throw the ball.

In the Oregon game especially there was almost no pass rush and the DB's on UT were letting the Oregon WR's catch everything. Now obviously you said don't switch players so obviously I couldn't but a lot of the catches they were making could have been easily defended by a human player. So perhaps there offensive numbers wouldn't have been so high but it is a real challenge just having the CPU primarily play D for you because they give up way more yards than if you are controlling the player nearest the ball.

Is that what you were going for when u said only control a DT?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #30
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

You've pretty much got it right. I play as the DT for the entire play, every play. I have to mix in blitzes from different positions in order to get pressure. Sometimes, my D-lineman will jump the snap to get pressure. This happens often because we set defensive line play to "aggresssive". I get anywhere from 1-3 sacks a game. You can see the stats for games in this thread.

My favorite is when the ball is on the far hashmark, to send a corner blitz. His closing speed is so fast, the CPU sometimes has a tough time getting the ball away.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #31
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Week 11: Dynasty Mode - New Mexico (me) @ New Mexico St.

Rivalry Game! Wish I could have invited recruits to this game. Instead, I have to invite them to the TCU game. And I know I'm going to get slaughtered.

Great game! Offense flowed very well for me this game. I was able to run the ball, pass a little, and I was pretty efficient in the red zone. On defense, NM St. really struggled on the ground. The only way they could move the ball was by putting the ball in the air.

I started out 17-0 by halftime. New Mexico St could only manage one TD in the second half, so I won without a sweat. Third win of the season, 27-8.

Here are the results:

Score: New Mexico(me) 27 - New Mexico St. 8
First Downs: 16 / 10
Total Offense: 314 yds / 266 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 33-138-2 / 17-32-0
Comp-Att-TD: 13-17-1 / 13-32-0
Passing Yds: 176 / 234
3rd Dwn Conv: 2-8(25%) / 5-11(45%)
4th Dwn Conv: 1-2(50%) / 0-1(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 5-3-1(80%) / 2-1-0(50%)
Turnovers: 1 / 2
Fumbles (Lost): 0(0) / 2(2)
Interceptions: 1 / 0
Punts Avg: 2-50.0 / 3-33.7
Penalties-Yds: 2-20 / 4-39
TOP: 19:59 / 12:01
TFL: 8 / 7
Sacks: 2 / 1
Pass Deflections: 2 / 1
Field Goals: 2-2 / 0-0
WR Drops: 0 / 0
Pancakes: 2 / 0
Broken Tackles: 1 / 5

Slider Notes: This was the first time all season that neither team had any drops! I guess my guys were trying to make up for the last 2 games where they had a combined 12 drops!

Anyways, New Mexico is 3-6 on the season. I'm beating the teams I'm supposed to beat, and I only won one game as the underdog.

I'm still very happy with the ways these sliders are playing. Up next, a trip to Air Force.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #32
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Week 12: Dynasty Mode - New Mexico (me) @ Air Force

As expected, New Mexico was brought back down to reality in their game against Air Force. First half was pretty close. I actually led 3-0, and then Air Force scored near the end of the half. In the second half, Air Force finally started breaking some runs and making some plays in the air.

Meanwhile, the pass rush was too much for me, as I was sacked 3 times, and I was picked off 4 times. My poor QB was 11-42 with 4 picks. I couldn't get ANY sort of running game going. Their defense was stout against the run. New Mexico falls, 31-10.

Here are the results:

Score: New Mexico(me) 10 - Air Force 31
First Downs: 8 / 9
Total Offense: 213 yds / 311 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 17-7-0 / 36-81-1
Comp-Att-TD: 11-42-1 / 12-17-3
Passing Yds: 206 / 230
3rd Dwn Conv: 3-15(20%) / 5-13(38%)
4th Dwn Conv: 1-3(33%) / 0-0(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 1-0-1(100%) / 1-1-0(100%)
Turnovers: 4 / 1
Fumbles (Lost): 0(0) / 0(0)
Interceptions: 4 / 1
Punts Avg: 5-45.0 / 4-46.3
Penalties-Yds: 7-60 / 3-30
TOP: 14:41 / 17:19
TFL: 12 / 6
Sacks: 1 / 3
Pass Deflections: 1 / 9
Field Goals: 1-1 / 1-2
WR Drops: 11 / 1
Pancakes: 0 / 5
Broken Tackles: 0 / 7

Slider Notes: After having zero drops in the last game, my receivers decided they needed to drop everything this game. I actually had the same number of drops as I did completions! I had 11 dropped passes this game. Holy Cow! And then, each time I finally had a good running play, or a good pass play, it was called back on one of my 7 penalties for 60 yards.

Maybe it was the cold weather, but New Mexico flat out did not come to play for this game.

Sliders still feel spot on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »