Home

Megatron's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Megatron's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #33
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Megatron's Heisman Sliders

Recruiting update:

I've just recently signed a 3* ATH who is going to be a tremendous Halfback. I also received a comittment from a 3* CB who will add some talent to my horrible secondary. Lastly, I've picked up a 3* center, a guy that should really help open up some holes in the run game next year.

These are all in addition to the the #26 FB that I picked up earlier this season.

Pretty good class so far. But we've still got some holes to fill.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 AM   #34
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Week 13: Dynasty Mode - New Mexico (me) @ BYU

"The Comeback"

New Mexico came out slow in the first half. They could only muster a field goal in their first possession, but I simply couldn't get anything going the rest of the half. BYU ran up and down the field on me, and I was down 21-3 at halftime.

The 2nd half starts with a bang. Fielded the kickoff in the endzone, and I ran it all the way down to the BYU 2 yardline. I punched it in on 3rd down. BYU gets it back and fumbles the ball on 2nd and short. I get it back and score another TD on a long pass. BYU starts getting nervous and starts passing the ball. In the 4th quarter, I ran a zone blitz on 3rd down, and it's picked off! I got the ball, and I scored another TD on a deep crossing route where the CPU DB was a complete moron. So I've scored 3 unanswered TDs in the 3rd quarter, giving me a 24-21 lead.

I scored another TD early in the 4th to make it a 31-21 lead. Then BYU finally wakes up. They march down the field, and score a TD, with under 2 minutes to go. I get it back on the failed onside kick. I make a first down and it's gameover.

Big victory for the Lobos! NM 31, BYU 28.

Here are the results:

Score: New Mexico(me) 31 - BYU 28
First Downs: 13 / 13
Total Offense: 323 yds / 340 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 29-57-2 / 24-113-1
Comp-Att-TD: 17-30-2 / 18-24-3
Passing Yds: 266 / 227
3rd Dwn Conv: 7-12(58%) / 6-9(67%)
4th Dwn Conv: 2-3(67%) / 0-2(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 3-2-0(67%) / 1-1-0(100%)
Turnovers: 3 / 3
Fumbles (Lost): 2(0) / 2(1)
Interceptions: 3 / 2
Punts Avg: 1-41.0 / 1-45.0
Penalties-Yds: 6-50 / 6-52
TOP: 19:21 / 12:39
TFL: 7 / 12
Sacks: 2 / 1
Pass Deflections: 3 / 3
Field Goals: 1-1 / 0-0
WR Drops: 2 / 0
Pancakes: 1 / 3
Broken Tackles: 3 / 5

Slider Notes: Finally, I pulled off a big upset! I knew these sliders would allow me to do this if I could get a few turnovers and some big plays.

Another cold weather game, but I don't think it had much effect on the game. The kickoff return in the 2nd half was my first BIG kickoff return of the season.

I stayed with the running game: 26 carries, 59 yards for my RBs. And by staying with the running game, it opened up some passing plays in the 2nd half.

What a fantastic game to have played in. Most fun I've had this season with the Lobos!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #35
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

stats look good, the only thing that gets me is the 1st down totals. I have been testing out slider for my league on another site and have around 40+ games of testing under my belt and lack of first downs is something that kinda gets me rattled a bit. The average in college football is around 27 per game. Usually that means that turnovers are the culprit for this. Maybe try lowering the INT and change the strategy so the RB doesn't fumble so much. Try that out and you may see the same outcomes stat wise, but with more realistic first down totals. If it seems that the stats and scores lower too much you could always combat that by adding an extra min per quarter.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
stats look good, the only thing that gets me is the 1st down totals. I have been testing out slider for my league on another site and have around 40+ games of testing under my belt and lack of first downs is something that kinda gets me rattled a bit. The average in college football is around 27 per game. Usually that means that turnovers are the culprit for this. Maybe try lowering the INT and change the strategy so the RB doesn't fumble so much. Try that out and you may see the same outcomes stat wise, but with more realistic first down totals. If it seems that the stats and scores lower too much you could always combat that by adding an extra min per quarter.
The culprit is the lack of a short passing game. Even slants seem to net about 15 to 20 YPC. This leads to less first downs. Also, he seems to be about 20 plays short per game. Probably taking his time and thinking about each play. If he added 20% more offense, the numbers would still be in line, but there would only be 3 more 1st downs per side. Its definitely the lack of short passes that throw this off. There are certain stats like 1st downs, pancakes, runs over 20 yards, etc. you just can't focus on in this game, it will drive you nuts trying to achieve real life results.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #37
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The culprit is the lack of a short passing game. Even slants seem to net about 15 to 20 YPC. This leads to less first downs. Also, he seems to be about 20 plays short per game. Probably taking his time and thinking about each play. If he added 20% more offense, the numbers would still be in line, but there would only be 3 more 1st downs per side. Its definitely the lack of short passes that throw this off. There are certain stats like 1st downs, pancakes, runs over 20 yards, etc. you just can't focus on in this game, it will drive you nuts trying to achieve real life results.
true, it does come down to the user's play calling. I use Notre Dame and I use a lot of 5-10yd passes to supplement the running game and then I will eventually take my shots down field. I do however feel that 1st downs is a stat that isn't hard to fix or get on cue. it just comes down to making it harder on offense while still keeping the CPU's O in check. Prior to patch #3 I had a set that was giving extremely realistic stats. Tradition is down at the moment but as soon as it goes back online i will post some of my stats to show.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
true, it does come down to the user's play calling. I use Notre Dame and I use a lot of 5-10yd passes to supplement the running game and then I will eventually take my shots down field. I do however feel that 1st downs is a stat that isn't hard to fix or get on cue. it just comes down to making it harder on offense while still keeping the CPU's O in check. Prior to patch #3 I had a set that was giving extremely realistic stats. Tradition is down at the moment but as soon as it goes back online i will post some of my stats to show.
I use ND alot too, but it still seems like most of my passes are going for 15 yards+. These are slants, curls, crossing, I only throw deep a handfull of times a game. Riddick had 5 catches for 160 in my last game, he broke loose on a couple slants and had a huge 10 yard in go to the house. I play on sliders that are just a shade more difficult than these.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #39
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Week 14: Dynasty Mode - TCU @ New Mexico (me)

What a game! I can't believe I was even in this game.

TCU came out slow in the first half. I attacked on defense, with multiple blitzes, and I forced 2 turnovers in the 1st quarter. I capitalized on some nifty passing to build a 14-3 lead by halftime. TCU was determined to run, even when I kept putting 9 in the box.

In the second half, as expected, TCU stopped me on my first possession, and then they scored a TD on their ensuing drive. I get it back on my next possession, and on my first play from scrimmage, I throw a pick-6. So I'm immediately down 17-14. The rest of the half was simply a battle of field position. Both teams moved the ball up and down the field, but neither could score. 28 First Downs between the 2 teams. I've completely abandoned the run at this point. I had 13 carries for -3 yards! Anyways, late in the 4th quarter, I stopped them on 3rd down with about 1:25 left. I get in the shotgun and I call tons of different crossing routes, slants, RB routes, TE seam routes, and I march it down into the Red Zone. Then, I throw a gorgeous deep in to my TE, and I've got it, 1st down and goal from the 1 yard line!!

1st Down, stuffed at the 1 inch line.
2nd Down, HOLDING!!
3rd Down, Incomplete Pass

So I kick the FG with no time left to send the game into overtime.

If not for the Holding penalty, there's no way I lose this game. Anyway, I win the toss, elect to go on defense first. TCU runs 2 passing plays, scores a TD without breaking a sweat. I get it, and I throw a pick on 1st down. Gameover. TCU 24, NM 17.

Incredible game.

But the Lobos finish the season at 4-8.

Here are the results:

Score: TCU 24 - New Mexico(me) 17
First Downs: 14 / 14
Total Offense: 348 yds / 325 yds
Rushes-Yds-TD: 32-61-0 / 13-(-3)-0
Comp-Att-TD: 18-28-3 / 21-49-2
Passing Yds: 287 / 328
3rd Dwn Conv: 4-12(33%) / 4-13(30%)
4th Dwn Conv: 1-2(50%) / 0-2(0%)
Red Zone-TD-FG: 5-2-1(60%) / 1-0-1(100%)
Turnovers: 3 / 5
Fumbles (Lost): 2(2) / 1(0)
Interceptions: 1 / 5
Punts Avg: 3-36.3 / 4-41.3
Penalties-Yds: 2-25 / 4-45
TOP: 17:09 / 14:51
TFL: 5 / 14
Sacks: 1 / 2
Pass Deflections: 9 / 2
Field Goals: 1-2 / 1-1
WR Drops: 0 / 4
Pancakes: 3 / 0
Broken Tackles: 4 / 0

Slider Notes:

I want to thank you guys for your comments the last couple of days. I think the number of plays is about right for 8 minute quarters. Unless I'm trying to kill the clock, which I was in a few games this season, I should get the right number of plays. Look at the game against TCU - 112 plays, 28 first downs. (Sounds about right). Look at the game against BYU - 107 plays, 26 first downs. One of the reasons the CPU isn't getting more 1st downs is the style of defense I play. I tend to bring the safeties up to shut down the run. If the CPU breaks one, they usually get a TD, rather than a 1st down. And because my team sucks so bad, I usually try to shorten the game by playing a little more deliberately. - Especially if I have a lead.

With a better team, I can play a little more conservatively, and I can try to let my front 7 shut down the run, and maybe drop into a zone. With New Mexico, if I drop into a Cover 2 or a Cover 3, I get burned for a 30 yard gain every time.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #40
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

These sliders are awesome so far.

I've got several dynasties with tough All-American sliders with small schools I'm trying to turn into a powerhouse, so I wanted to try some Heisman sliders with a powerhouse. So, I chose Ohio State.

I practiced a couple of games before jumping into the dynasty.

I played..

Ohio State vs. Iowa - W 38-30

Ohio State vs. Penn State - W 55-31 (pulled away late in the 4th with a pick 6 and PR for a TD. Was 41-31 early in the forth quarter)

Ohio State vs. Michigan - W 37-31 OT

I don't have the stats but the games were very challenging and close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »