Home

Megatron's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Megatron's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #49
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Megatron's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
If using a C rated team or higher that can run the ball, these are very challenging.

If using a passing team (spread, run&shoot, etc) it can be borderline frustrating. The CPU pass rush is serious and the CPU will press your WRs with blanket coverage while chasing and pummeling your QB into submission. lol.

I don't think it's entirely due to sliders.. but Heisman CPU defense simply eats up most shotgun run plays, and since most of those plays are inside run plays.. draws and traps don't really work well enough even when the CPU should be thinking pass.
Very true - these sliders are not for people who want to try and run the spread. Trying to run the football out of the shotgun with these sliders is useless. These sliders are simply for pro-style, smashmouth football. Although, if you have a decent team, you could probably run the spread ok.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #50
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

I think I'm going to leave the sliders where they are and move on to the 2011 season. I just don't feel any more tweaks need to be made at this time. I'll continue to post game stats/results to keep a close eye on the slider effects.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Started a franchise with Rutgers and we're currently 1-1. We beat BYU 27-10 and lost to FIU in overtime 27-24. I must say I'm LOVING these sliders and I'm probably going to stick with them for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

After 2 years with my Marshall dynasty i went 18-9 with 2 bowl wins and a big rivalry win over WVU my first season. I won the Hawi'i bowl (or something) and the Poinsetta bowl (if memory serves correctly). Got marshall to 3 star program before getting offers from Virginia Tech and Mississippi State. I choose to go to the Hokies who finished the year 7-6. I look forward to bringing VT to the top and keep progressing in building not only the school Im with but myself as the coach i created. Looking to one day become a Nick Saban or Mack Brown.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_made409
I know everyone is playing on the 360 and PS3 but I'm stuck with my PS2 for the moment so I ask this question...does anyone have any good heisman sliders (offense, defense, special teams, penalties) for 11 or 10 on PS2? I will greatly appreciate it.
I was wondering the same thing. Are the sliders by any chance the same in all versions?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

If you were to use SLOW game speed, would there be any changes to the sliders?

Just curious as to why you say people should only play as a DT? I play Player-Lock, usually with the MLB. I think as long as you don't switch players during the play it shouldn't matter what position you play.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #55
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

Season 2 is in the books.

The New Mexico Lobos won the conference championship!

The New Mexico Lobos finished 9-3 on the season, with big wins against TCU, Utah, BYU, Air Force, Colorado St, UNLV, UTEP, New Mexico St, and Wyoming. I lost 3 games, two of which were on the road against Texas Tech and Nevada. I also lost a home game against San Diego St.

With my redshirt freshman, Godfrey, at quarterback, I had excellent quarterback play the whole season. He was simply MUCH more accurate than the loser I played with in season 1. And it made all the difference in the world - especially with the deep ball.

On offense, New Mexico improved on the ground this season, rushing for 1228 yards on the ground. The passing game was also much improved with 3743 yards. Also, the offense had 32 giveaways, including 5 fumbles, and 27 interceptions.

Team Leaders:

Passing: #5 in NCAA - QB Godfrey, 201-393, 3743 yards, 30 TDs, 27 INT
Rushing: #24 in NCAA - RB Carrier, 245 rushes, 1037 yards, 4.2 YPC, 14 TDs
Receiving: #1 in NCAA - WR Thomas, 70 catches, 1878 yards, 18 TDs

On defense, New Mexico played a run blitzing scheme for most of the season. This, and the fact that we played against several spread offenses trying to run out of the shotgun, we were able to hold offenses to 849 yards rushing on the season. Against the pass, New Mexico gave up several big plays this year, and it resulted in 3818 passing yards for the opposition. The Lobos also had 22 sacks this year, which was near the bottom of the NCAA.

The New Mexico defense only had 7 interceptions this year, which tied them for last place in the NCAA. This was a result of playing a lot of man coverage this year. I mixed in a little zone, but usually only on zone blitzes.

At this time, I feel a few changes are needed to the sliders. First off, with an average quarterback now, CPU pass coverage is not tight enough. I was able to put up some BIG numbers this year, and against some pretty good teams. So I will be bumping CPU pass coverage up to 55.

The CPU run game is a joke, I will need to increase CPU run blocking from 60 to 70.

The USER run game feels pretty good. I have a pretty crappy offensive line, so I feel the results are pretty good.

I was also 10-12 on FGs this season. I feel the kicking game is still spot on as well.

Anyways, the next thing I need to do is find out which bowl New Mexico is headed to. Then it's time to iron out this recruiting class.

Let me know what you guys think about the sliders and any other possible tweaks.

For now, I will update page 1 with version 1.1 to indicate the changes to the sliders.

Last edited by MEGATRON; 11-15-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #56
Peace thru tyranny.

MEGATRON's Arena

New Mexico received an invite to play in the Las Vegas Bowl against Oregon St.

New Mexico rolled to an easy victory, 31-13.

In the off-season, the Lobos had the 56th ranked recruiting class, with 17 (3-star) players, and 2 (2-star players).

So that's a wrap on Season 2.

Since I'm changing the sliders to be more difficult, I'm also going to be changing teams. I thought it would be good to get another good perspective.

I'm thinking - Notre Dame. Time to wake up the echoes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »