Home

Not enough rushing by any sliders on the board!!!!! here is proof

This is a discussion on Not enough rushing by any sliders on the board!!!!! here is proof within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5
Not enough rushing by any sliders on the board!!!!! here is proof

Ok! Everyone on here is giving up on average 120 or so rushing yards some more some less! if you look at the NCAA D1 rushing stats there is 103 teams that aver over 100 yards a game. 32 teams average over 200 yard per game. 5 teams over 300 an Air Force averages 399 per game! So the rushing attack is not where it should be for any sliders! Only 30 teams hold teams under 100 yards rushing. That means that over 90 teams give up over 100 yards agame on the ground an over 60 teams give up 150+ a game so rushing need to be fixed on all sliders! Fistofrages sliders give up the most but still not enough!

Last edited by cwilson250733; 09-19-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Not enough rushing by any sliders on the board!!!!! here is proof

Just because it happens in real life doesn't mean that it HAS to happen on the game. Just take it game by game man and enjoy your dynasty, as well as the slider set you are using.

If you start thinking with the mindset, that this or that absolutely has to happen or isn't supposed to happen, you will really kill the fun of the game for yourself. I used to do that. Now I try to find some slider settings that make it feel right for me and just go with it. For instance, I am playing 3 teams in an offline dynasty. only one of my teams is undefeated and the other two have two losses.

Find the slider set that works for you and just go with it.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Just because it happens in real life doesn't mean that it HAS to happen on the game. Just take it game by game man and enjoy your dynasty, as well as the slider set you are using.

If you start thinking with the mindset, that this or that absolutely has to happen or isn't supposed to happen, you will really kill the fun of the game for yourself. I used to do that. Now I try to find some slider settings that make it feel right for me and just go with it. For instance, I am playing 3 teams in an offline dynasty. only one of my teams is undefeated and the other two have two losses.

Find the slider set that works for you and just go with it.
Its not that! everyone wants it to be sim like an that is what i was getting at! just dont understand that people giving up 200 yds in a game an the rushing sliders are all wrong! if your a weak team an give up 200+ yds to Alabama on the ground then theres nothing wrong with that! Just saying that alot of teams rush for over 100 yds in real life but if you have a team get over 100 yds on this game then the sliders are all wrong!!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

It's a game bro. It's all good
Old 09-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson250733
Its not that! everyone wants it to be sim like an that is what i was getting at! just dont understand that people giving up 200 yds in a game an the rushing sliders are all wrong! if your a weak team an give up 200+ yds to Alabama on the ground then theres nothing wrong with that! Just saying that alot of teams rush for over 100 yds in real life but if you have a team get over 100 yds on this game then the sliders are all wrong!!
If you can find the slider set that allows CPU to rush 150-250 yards regularly without completely breaking other aspects of gameplay - let me know. I can tell you this much, it's easier said than done. If you go through most slider threads, the #1 complaint is the lack of CPU running game. It's not like they haven't been trying..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

OP: I hear you, man, I really do. The trouble is getting the CPU to have a great running game like that without creating problems in other areas. The game as constituted needs some tuning work on EA's end before we can really do much in that area.

I have looked at my slider set and realized that it's producing something akin to a tight, defensive struggle in the NFL rather than a wide open college game, and I'm looking for a way to change this. The biggest problem I'm facing at this point is making big runs happen realistically. Creating a balance between broken tackles and defenders out of position.

Its not something we're not aware of or looking into, its that the sliders as they are don't seem to be quite capable of creating the college running game as well as we'd like.

An example of a specific problem I'm facing is that you can make the HBs break a realistic number of tackles, but because the animation locks out other tacklers, it means instead of picking up 1 or 2 more yards after that broken tackle, he picks up an additional 3-4 yards. It's either a realistic number of broken tackles and a high average, or a realistic average and almost no broken tackles. Either way, you can get realistic numbers, but at the cost of realistic gameplay.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I have about 5 more games to test, but I am most likely going to open up th erunning game more. I am getting closer to NFL rushing stats than college, so I am going to open that up just a bit.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

You know, I think about this thread and I'm honestly somewhat encouraged by this post.

I think I can make this happen to some extent. My fear is that the pro-style running game is going to become unstoppable, but I'll keep an eye on that and see what happens.

THAT SAID: OP, I'm going to change course here and present a case against what you're saying. It's early... very early. Yes, there are a lot of big numbers in the running game this season, but there are also 4 QBs over 190.0 rating, two defenders on pace for 20 sacks, a defender on pace for 16 interceptions. This early in the season a lot of teams are playing cupcakes to prepare for their conference schedule, including FCS teams. As the season goes on, those numbers will come down.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-20-2010 at 10:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »