Home

Online Dynasty Sliders - Heisman

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Sliders - Heisman within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Online Dynasty Sliders - Heisman

Who's Heisman slider set works best in Online Dynasty play?

I've enjoyed using different Heisman slider sets from the forums but I have yet to find a set that works well with an Online Dynasty. I have not had confirmation from any other source, but after many many games back to back I can definitely say the sliders used offline work completely different when used with an Online Dynasty. Testing was done running an offline dynasty with the desired slider set and a parallel Online Dynasty with the same slider set. Games played in the Online Dynasty consistently had significantly different stats as well as game scores. Not only that, the games in the Online Dynasty simply felt different.

I've tried modifying sliders that felt good offline to work with the Online Dynasty but it is extremely annoying to do. If you modify sliders in an Online Dynasty, the changes are not seen until you advance the week. This makes seeing the effect of a 5 point change very difficult to understand. For instance, in offline practice mode, changes can be made on the fly. These changes can be seen between plays. In the Online Dynasty, you cannot change game sliders in practice mode and you have to wait 20 minutes after advancing the week which makes testing slider changes flat out annoying.

So, a buddy of mine runs an Online Dynasty with custom sliders and they seem to be working pretty decent. We are working on fixing a couple issues like CPU FG Accuracy and such, but they work well for us. Some User vs CPU games are blow outs and some are struggles. If anyone is interested in trying these we would love some feedback. Below are our settings:

Still I beg the question...

Who's Heisman slider set works best in Online Dynasty play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Online Dynasty Sliders - Heisman

what are your records with this slider set?

My friends and I are still tweaking ours and we keep going back and forth between sliders.

#GoPackGo
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty Sliders - Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
what are your records with this slider set?

My friends and I are still tweaking ours and we keep going back and forth between sliders.

The sliders above are new and I am working on getting through an entire season with them....Honestly these aren't working too bad with the online dynasty, for us anyway. They do work completely different offline than they do online, and I am playing a mirrored online/offline dynasty to get some results posted.

Current Slider Set in Online Dynasty:
Online Dyn 1: FSU - luvtotha9s roster - 4-1 (the loss was to a user team where Oklahoma game would have been)
Online Dyn 2: FSU - luvtotha9s roster - 3-1 (the loss was to CPU Oklahoma)

After a few games, the things I notice the most are CPU FG Accuracy and possibly CPU Catching and User Catching. Also, I think User Pass Blocking is maybe a bit too high as I've been sacked only a few times in Online Dyn 1. Or possibly the CPU Pass Rush, this is where testing with Online Dynasty becomes an issue cause it is really hard to see the incremental change of 5 points from an immediate slider change.

I don't care which sliders EA wants to run as their primary, but I really think Online and Offline games should function the same depending on the slider settings. For example, QB Acc of 10 should mean the same thing offline and online, as should all other sliders.

Also, I've read on posts that all User vs User games in an Online Dynasty are set to default sliders. Meaning if you have all sliders set to 10 for User/CPU, when a User vs User game is played the actual slider config at that time is defaulted back to 50/50. Does anyone know or can confirm if this is true?

Last edited by Sh3Ikfly; 10-11-2010 at 02:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »