Home

CPU V CPU stat analysis

This is a discussion on CPU V CPU stat analysis within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU V CPU stat analysis

It's been a few years since I've played a football game on a gaming system, and one of my biggest downers was the inability to achieve real life stats on a consistant basis. I am a bit of a fanatic when it comes to watching Cpu V Cpu matches, as I tend to like to play the scout per se so during every bowl season I tend to watch all the bowl games in my season/dynasty to get a feel for the future talent to crack the pros in my Madden franchise.

Unfortunately in prior versions real stats are hard to achieve even with slidder adjustments. However since coming back to the NCAA franchise I noticed alot of you this year who are trying to achieve the samething. Which got me thinking it maybe possible to achieve some sort of realism even though it is just a game.

Since purchasing the game I have tested almost every slider set that I could find on site, and I must say the majority of them are solid but we all have to realize that we play the game on a matter of personal preference which means what is comfortable for one player may not be for another. This made me rember a gamer from my college years who wrote an article on how he would sim weekly games on Madden (downloading the weekly update first) to make his football pool picks. He would sim the week 10 times, take the scores of each game avg them out and voila his pick for the week! His results were quite good as he always seemed to finish in the top 3 in the overall for his pool.

I decided to use this to create a slider set, to achieve close to real life stats in Cpu matches. Using slider sets found here I played out 50 games using different match ups: ( ranked vs ranked/rivalry/4star or higher schools vs 3star or lower schools...etc..etc.... making adjustments to sliders where I felt needed to make the game as realistic as possible.
I also neede some kind of criteria:
10 to 14 pts off original score is acceptable
example: Ohio st vs Marshall
real life(RL) 45-7 my score(MS) 40-20
Team Mentality for Game
California Vs Arizona
RL: 9-10 MS:35-7 both teams were mentaly and physically drained from their games the week prior... I have no control over this Cal scored 21pts off turn overs in my game.
turnovers/weather as mentined above in the Cal/Ari game for turnovers, I did not recreate the exact weather conditions.
  • ROSTER
sorry EA but you dropped the ball on this one, using LUVTOTHA9S roster set worked the best.

Also big Ups to SECELITE; BUCKYBADGER; PLAYMAKERS; SILENT NATURE; FISTOFRAGES; KKMAN187; ADEMBROSKI you guys are the genesis of this analysis thank you ( if I forgot to mention anyone it was not on purpose)

ALL AMERICAN
8 MINUTE QTRs
25 THRESHOLD
SLOW GAME SPEED
( it just seems right to me)

Penalties
I vary my penalties to achieve a different ref perspective never going lower than 50 only ones that are fixed are holding/facemask 55 and clipping 50
QB ACC 15
P BLK 40
WR CAT 45
RB ABIL 100
R BLK 65
P CVG 65
P RUSH 40
INT 35
R DEF 70
TKL 50
FG PWR 20
FG ACC 50
PNT PWR 50
PNT ACC 75
K PWR 50

AUTO SUBS are based on PLAYMAKERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: CPU V CPU stat analysis

Look at the coaching sliders thread. Those have an effect on sim stats. I noticed though that even with those coaching sliders there are too many plays per game. NCAA average is around 67 plays (excludes punts, FGA, KOs), but sim games have about 80 plays per game.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: CPU V CPU stat analysis

pretty cool man. i have also been trying to achieve some good cpu vs cpu sliders. since u played 50 games, these might be good so i might try them out for cpu vs cpu
Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Hmmmm...any more work with these sliders?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »