Home

Any way to make the AI play against the option better?

This is a discussion on Any way to make the AI play against the option better? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Dungeoneer

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Any way to make the AI play against the option better?

Slider gurus, I come seeking your help.

In an online dynasty of which I am commissioner, I have a couple of guys playing as Florida State and Virginia Tech respectively who run a ton of option against AI teams. Specifically, I think they run lots of speed options and power option (i.e. no triple option). Despite playing on Heisman difficulty, these two guys are running for 400+ team rushing yards a game and frequently blowing their AI opponents out of the water (scores of like 80 to 20, 90 to 7, and the ilk). None of them have tremendous yards-after-contact with their runners, either, so I'd led to believe it's just a problem with how the AI defense approaches the option in general.

I come asking basically this: what sliders should I adjust to improve the AI's defense against option runs, without crippling the other user teams with more traditional running attacks?

Current relevant gameplay slider settings:

Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 65

Human RB Ability: 45
Human Run Blocking: 50

AI Rush Defense: 80
AI Tackling: 35

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Rookie

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Any way to make the AI play against the option better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Slider gurus, I come seeking your help.

In an online dynasty of which I am commissioner, I have a couple of guys playing as Florida State and Virginia Tech respectively who run a ton of option against AI teams. Specifically, I think they run lots of speed options and power option (i.e. no triple option). Despite playing on Heisman difficulty, these two guys are running for 400+ team rushing yards a game and frequently blowing their AI opponents out of the water (scores of like 80 to 20, 90 to 7, and the ilk). None of them have tremendous yards-after-contact with their runners, either, so I'd led to believe it's just a problem with how the AI defense approaches the option in general.

I come asking basically this: what sliders should I adjust to improve the AI's defense against option runs, without crippling the other user teams with more traditional running attacks?

Current relevant gameplay slider settings:

Game Speed: Slow
Speed Threshold: 65

Human RB Ability: 45
Human Run Blocking: 50

AI Rush Defense: 80
AI Tackling: 35

Thanks in advance.
I would either turn down the run block by 5 or 10 and do a test run offline to see if they help before using it in your od. I have my sliders though at very slow 0 threshold and human run block at 15 and cpu run defence at 10. Hopefuly turning down the rblk a little wil help with your problem without side effects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »