Home

Statistics in Sliders 2011

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2011 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Statistics in Sliders 2011

I provided some actual values through testing last year to help guide slider adjustments and made my on slider set. Anyone is welcome to use this data to help themselves. I will post my slider decisions under this message through editing and all values found will be posted below. To get realistic results you HAVE TO USE COACHING SLIDERS for all teams. Look for attachment with all teams real world stats for 2010 season. Also look for the attachment of QB presnap and postsnap reads if you need help with reading the defense.

Dificulty: All-American (ONLY USE AA, Varsity and Heismann will break these sliders)
Game speed: Normal speed
Speed threshold: 60 (decided this was better after watching a few games)
Quarter length: 10 minutes (gives 130-140 plays per game; real world)

Sliders: CPU/Human
QB accuracy: 35/20 (+/-6% per 10 change slider; consider 45 still but weaker teams are too low)
Pass blocking: 50/50 (pancakes increase but are not recorded by game engine; +/-1 second to pass per 25 points)
WR catching: 40/40 (gives expected 3-4 drops per game)
RB ability: 55/55 (improved tackle shedding and speed improves RB performance)
Run blocking: 55/40 (with lower tackling doesn't need much for the CPU)
--RBlocking Option teams: 80 CPU (seems high but trust me they die otherwise)
Pass coverage: 55/45 (With threshold at 70 this is needed for downfield passing, blown coverage)
Pass rushing: 50/50 (+/- 1 second per 25 change in slider; effects beating blocks not pancakes; increase to 60 helps pressure CPU QB for shorter passes and decreased YPCatch also worse QB %)
Interceptions: 20/35 (gives about 1-2 interceptions per game; Human rarely intercepts now)
Rushing defense 85/40 (adjust outside running 0.8/10pts)
--Option Rush D: 20 Human
Tackling: 40/40
FG power: 15/15 (something changed after tuning now is sometimes short)
FG accuracy: 55/15 (I use 15 for human otherwise I always make it; adjust as needed)
Punt power: 50/0 (gives bettern numbers but this slider is weak)
Punt accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff power: 15/0 (works but too easy for human to get a perfect kick)

Offsides: 85
False start: 100
Facemask: 55
Holding: 50 (Too many holding calls on kickoff and punts, this needs to be fixed EA; almost all penalties are on kicks which is just wrong; however this is the only way to get enough penalty yards)
Clipping: 50 (very common if 55)
Roughing passer: 100
Roughing kicker: 100
Kick interference: 100
Off pass interference: 100
Def pass interference: 100

HINTS FOR MAXIMIZING YOUR GAME:
Spoiler

Click here for Coaching Sliders: I strongly recommend this
Spoiler

Click here to review what the defensive aggression slider # mean:
Spoiler

HINTS on COACHING Sliders:
Spoiler

*If you use these sliders please post your game results in this thread as more information would be helpful. Please report the following:

1. QB % (Hum/CPU)
2. Sacks (Hum/CPU)
3. Int (Hum/CPU)
4. Deflections (Hum/CPU; under player statistics-->defense)
5. Drops (Hum/CPU; under player statistics-->wide reciever)
6. Yards per carry (Hum/CPU);
7. YPC of main HB (Hum/CPU)
8. Tackles for loss (Hum/CPU; under player statistics-->defense)
9. Fumbles (Hum/CPU)
10. Punt yards average (Hum/CPU)
11. Field goal % (Hum/CPU)
12. Penalty yards
13. Total yards per game
Attached Files
File Type: rar OS NCAA statsv2.rar (100.2 KB, 128 views)
File Type: rar Steps for reading the defense.rar (103.4 KB, 141 views)

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-24-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Statistics in Sliders 2011

1st test: Pass blocking:

While I am not able to insert graphs here easily I will provide the following information:

It is generally felt that quarterbacks are pressured within 5 seconds

I ran 10 test of every 15 adjustments of the pass-blocking slider against 4 vs 4, 4 vs 5, and 4 vs 6 blitzes

A best fit of the results saw a value of 4 seconds until pressure was applied to the quarterback at a slider setting of 0 pass blocking compared to 7.5 seconds until pressure was applied at a slider setting of 100. It was approximately 5 seconds until pressure was applied to the quarterback at a the default setting of 50 with a range of 3 seconds to 7 seconds at that setting.

With blitzing either 1 or 2 defenders this time drops to 3-4 seconds and has a variation of only 1 second between a setting of 100 and that of 0.

Additonal information: As the pass block slider is increased the number of pancake sacks increases, as the slider decreases these go down significantly

Summary: The default setting is fairly close to expected values. Expect about a 1 second decrease in unpressured time for every 25 reduction in the pass block slider, expect about a 1 second increase in passing time for every 25 increase in the pass block slider. Expect less pancakes if this slider is reduced.

Given the good default value and the effect on pancake blocks I will not adjsut this slider. I will consider adjustment if my teams pancake stats are poor at the end of the year. Can anyone provide pancake states in the NCAA?

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 07-25-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Pro

2nd test:

Pass Rush slider: Tested 10 times for every 15pt adjustment to the slider.

Best fit line was sliightly inferior to pass block slider with value of 7 seconds at slider setting of 0 and 4 seconds at slider setting of 100. At default again the quarterback had about 5 seconds against the front four pass rush. Can again expect slightly less than 1 second adustment in quarterback time to throw for every 25 points this slider is adjusted

Additional notes: This slider did not have as big an impact on pancakes and some were seen even at pass rush of 100. This slider also decreased the number of times the quarterback avoided the sack which was quite high on the default with about 1 avoided sack every two times the quarterback was pressured.

My sliders: Though the time to pressure seems good the quarterback avoids a significant number of sacks and after testing at a slider setting of 65 I felt their were no exorbinantly long periods to through, but the overall time was similar to that at a setting of 50. Will try a setting of 65 for this slider (but even up to 75 gave similar average time but decreased silly lengths of time so may adjust further.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Good work so far.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Nice. Good to see someone testing this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Great work! Keep it up... looking forward to the rest of your results. As I do the same process when creating my sliders.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

nice work, one thing though... I think its also important to note what difficulty you're playing on, as this will greatly effect your results (I am running similar tests, and the difference between freshman and Heisman is huge... from the looks of it, i'd guess you were on AA)

I haven't done a lot of testing on NCAA yet, but your results seem to coincide w/ my findings of how the Madden sliders worked last year... the Pass Block slider is largely a "suction" slider, the higher the value, the more suction blocking (aka this controls the initial blocking animation and strength, including pancakes, but doesn't have much effect after)... it is important to note however that a high Pass Block slider is more likely to suction into a "strong" blocking animation, which means its harder for the cpu to break free...while the Pass Rush slider controls the cpu's effectiveness at getting off blocks once the blocking animation is triggered (aka once they are engaged in a block) and to a lesser degree effects the strength of the triggered/initial block (why you'll see less pancakes, but you'll still see them even at 100)

in Madden last year, the differences in the sliders functions was very apparent... in NCAA they seem to be more subtle, but again I haven't done much testing yet

if you get the urge and are interested in slider theory, you should check out my Madden thread from last year, as I believe a lot of the principals on how the games apply sliders holds true for both games

anyways, good thread so far... I always like the scientific approach.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

nice. was hoping you do this again. im willing to help do some tests again, if you need it. just let me know what you're testing and how, and i'll replicate it and give you the results.

just let me know. great job so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »