Home

Slider Help Against QBs That Rush

This is a discussion on Slider Help Against QBs That Rush within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Slider Help Against QBs That Rush

Can someone give me some slider suggestions for making QBs that run actually run on this game. It's so frustrating to play against guys like Newton, Robinson, and Kaepernick and have wide open field ahead of them only to see them stand in the pocket holding the ball waiting for a sack......not to mention the options is disgusting to watch when the CPU runs it. The last 3 exhibition games that I've played have been against Auburn, Michigan, and Nevada. Rushing stats were as follows:

Newton - 3 carries, 35 yards
Robinson - 4 carries, 20 yards
Kaepernick - 2 carries, 10 yards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Slider Help Against QBs That Rush

This has been the holy grail of question for NCAA and Madden for the past 3 or 4 years....

Nobody knows, starting to think it really can't be done. But if somebody do know the answer PLEASE GIVE A FULLY DETAILED ANSWER.

Not some use so and so sliders or use so and so roster file. People would like to know what specific ratings were changed to make them behave like that, what specific playbook, etc.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
This has been the holy grail of question for NCAA and Madden for the past 3 or 4 years....

Nobody knows, starting to think it really can't be done. But if somebody do know the answer PLEASE GIVE A FULLY DETAILED ANSWER.

Not some use so and so sliders or use so and so roster file. People would like to know what specific ratings were changed to make them behave like that, what specific playbook, etc.
EXACTLY!!

This problem alone is the reason I've hardly played this game over the past few months. I know video games can only be so realistic to a certain extent, but this is something that definitely needs addressed in next year's game, whether it be with an individual attribute, or through a team specific slider.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Ok I think I got it, have to edit some more teams to make sure it works across the board. This is a very long process, you MUST edit the rosters.

For option and spread teams you must edit the whole Offensive line, QB, HB, FB, TE, WR's.

You must edit the following attributes for the Oline, HB, FB, TE, WR

1. Awareness - 80 or above
2. Run Block - 85 or above
3. Run Block footwork - 85 or above
4. Acceleration for the OLine only - 80 or above

The reason you have to do the WR's, TE's, HB, FB is because on option plays they all have to block in order for the cpu QB can get to the corner. Acceleration for the lineman is raised for they can get out and block. By default they are too slow and a DT would have run right passed them and blew up a read option play.

Run block footwork is important because it is gets the player in position for the block and allows them to quickly leave one block for another block down the field.

Awareness allows them to see who they need to block.

For the QB the following attributes:

1. Awareness - 80 or above
2. Agility -80s
3. Elusiveness - 80s
4. Ball Carrier Vision - 80s
5. Ball carry - high 70s
6. Jukemoves- 80s
7. Stiff Arm - 70s
8. Spin - 70s
9. Strength - 80s
10. Speed - no less then 80, for fast QB's high 80s
11. Acceleration - 90s

2 through 8 is important because it essentially gives the QB options on how they want to get pass a defender. I noticed they won't even use a move unless it is rated in the 70s and higher.

Strength may seem odd but it does serve a purpose. With high strength QBs are better able to stiff arm a rushing Dline out of the way who is trying to sack them. Also enable them to push the pile better too to fight for that last yard for a 1st yard. I literally seen Cam Newton stiff arm me when I was going to sack him with a DE. He just stuck his left arm out and pushed me to the side and scrambled away.

Speed is a no brainer. Not saying make everybody a Vick, but if they are a scrambler they deserve to be in the mid to high 80s. Balanced QB's at least 80 and pocket passers in the 70s.

Acceleration is KEY. You need the QB to reach their top speed as fast as possible in order for the cpu QB to run the option, read option or even scramble effectively.

Why I even altered the big bruising RB's and FB's in the game. I put all power runners strength, break tackle, trucking and stiff arm at 90. Really made a difference playing against a bruiser.

They would literally flatten you out if you tried to tackle them head on with a DB.

Also.......****n defense for Human I put at 5 and human tackle at 25. Anything higher then 5 for human run defense and you will blow up spread and option teams in the back field majority of the time.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
All Star

crques's Arena

I will definitely give these a try this week or weekend. Thanks. If I have time, I may try to compile a list of teams to post on here that this applies to, based on QB rushing attempts and so forth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Try rb ability 100, run blocking 80, run defense 20. It's extreme but the only way to get exploisive runs from the QBs.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Try rb ability 100, run blocking 80, run defense 20. It's extreme but the only way to get exploisive runs from the QBs.
Tried that and it is highly inconsistent without actually re-editing the rosters for the mobile QB. Even tried run defense at 5 with default rosters and it didn't help. Unfortunately there is no way around re-editing the rosters, it has to be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »