Home

FistofRages' All-American Bowl Season Sliders

This is a discussion on FistofRages' All-American Bowl Season Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: FistofRages' All-American Bowl Season Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I definitely didn't see a fumble problem before I switched. The human pass block could be turned up a little but I like the time I have in the pocket right now.
You just have to cover up and there won't be a fumble problem. The AI will try to lower the boom if they have an impact player on D.

I will say that AI Offense and human defense are rock solid. If you want the game to be a little easier for the human, raise RB ability, R Block, and Pass block. Thats up to preference, but I like this set better than my Heisman set and get roughly the same scores, it just seems to play better.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Just finished a game with these sliders. I was Georgia playing @ Oregon. I won 42-35. The only problem I saw offensively from the human standpoint is I had a lot of BIG plays in the passing game. All of them to AJ Green and all of which were from some variation of the vertical plays(Four Verticals, Hail Mary, etc.). AJ Green is a monster, but I don't think he's that good. He caught 7 passes for 332 yards. Are you still using a house rule against verticals?

Beyond that, they were very good. The flow of the game was nice. Oregon's offense was just like they are in real life. Shredded my defense all game, racked up over 600 yards. LaMichael James played like LaMichael James. At any moment, I felt like they could strike quickly and they did on most of their scoring drives. I also liked how they answered just about every one of my scores. Even when I had a 14 point lead twice in the game, they kept attacking. I thought they'd eventually lay down and I'd end up blowing them out, but that never happened. The difference in the game was turnovers. They had 4 turnovers to my 2 including a game ending INT.

Overall I liked them. I'll keep playing. One thing to point out is that in real life, Oregon would probably blowout Georgia, but in this game, I'm using DK's rosters and Oregon and UGA are about equal(A- offense, B+ defense) so the fact that I won isn't a huge shock.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Just finished a game with these sliders. I was Georgia playing @ Oregon. I won 42-35. The only problem I saw offensively from the human standpoint is I had a lot of BIG plays in the passing game. All of them to AJ Green and all of which were from some variation of the vertical plays(Four Verticals, Hail Mary, etc.). AJ Green is a monster, but I don't think he's that good. He caught 7 passes for 332 yards. Are you still using a house rule against verticals?

Beyond that, they were very good. The flow of the game was nice. Oregon's offense was just like they are in real life. Shredded my defense all game, racked up over 600 yards. LaMichael James played like LaMichael James. At any moment, I felt like they could strike quickly and they did on most of their scoring drives. I also liked how they answered just about every one of my scores. Even when I had a 14 point lead twice in the game, they kept attacking. I thought they'd eventually lay down and I'd end up blowing them out, but that never happened. The difference in the game was turnovers. They had 4 turnovers to my 2 including a game ending INT.

Overall I liked them. I'll keep playing. One thing to point out is that in real life, Oregon would probably blowout Georgia, but in this game, I'm using DK's rosters and Oregon and UGA are about equal(A- offense, B+ defense) so the fact that I won isn't a huge shock.
Yes, I have a house rule against 4 verticals and 5 WR sets. I also don't run plays from 4 WR sets where the inside receivers run go routes.

I could thrash the hardest of Heisman sliders if I used 4 verticals and 5 WR sets. Use those house rules and play the game again and let me know how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

What game speed setting do you play this on? Slow, Normal, etc?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
What game speed setting do you play this on? Slow, Normal, etc?
Normal. I have never tried anything but normal.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

I think that with any slider set, the best way to tell if they are good is to take a lousy team up against a powerhouse. For instance, play as UL-Lafayette @ LSU. The score should be in the whereabouts of 42-0. Then take a powerhouse team against a cupcake, such as Boise State vs Utah State. This should also be a large beatdown. If these conditions are met, it is likely that the sliders will perform just fine.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #15
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Just played a game with these in my Dynasty (3rd year), using Florida, against Pittsburg.

I won 16-14 and it was the closest game I've had since I started the Dynasty. I shut Pitt down most of their game, especially their passing attack (54 yards). Their RB had 107 yards on 14 carries, but after they got ahead their offensive scheme seemed much less aggressive and easier to stop.

My QB went 11-13 for 187 Yards. I didn't pass it a lot considering I have a wealth of RB's and used them (2 Backs went for 128 yards on 40 carries). All in all, it was a great Defensive game, and a great game in general. One recommendation I would make it to make sure you turn the Strip Ball gameplan on Conservative. Otherwise the CPU will be fumbling the ball multiple times a game from what I've seen. That said, great sliders as always Fist. I've used your slider sets for a few years now spanning different games and have always enjoyed the difficulty level they bring.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Just played a game with these in my Dynasty (3rd year), using Florida, against Pittsburg.

I won 16-14 and it was the closest game I've had since I started the Dynasty. I shut Pitt down most of their game, especially their passing attack (54 yards). Their RB had 107 yards on 14 carries, but after they got ahead their offensive scheme seemed much less aggressive and easier to stop.

My QB went 11-13 for 187 Yards. I didn't pass it a lot considering I have a wealth of RB's and used them (2 Backs went for 128 yards on 40 carries). All in all, it was a great Defensive game, and a great game in general. One recommendation I would make it to make sure you turn the Strip Ball gameplan on Conservative. Otherwise the CPU will be fumbling the ball multiple times a game from what I've seen. That said, great sliders as always Fist. I've used your slider sets for a few years now spanning different games and have always enjoyed the difficulty level they bring.
Thanks man, I may up the AI RB slider by 5 so they don't fumble as much. I have seen them fumble a few times a game as well. Overall though, these sliders have been giving me great results. I will have to watch the AI aggressiveness logic because that has been my knock against lower levels besides Heisman in years past is that the AI may take their foot off the gas. But in testing I made sure that some A AI controlled teams could beat my user controlled B teams by 2 or 3 TD's.

Most fumbles I have seen though seem to come from a Big Hit(from my user AI players) instead of the strip. I never big hit with my user controlled DT.

I think if you play a full season with these you will like the stas you see if you end up near the top of the NCAA in rushing you have accomplished something, but the run game is there if you are patient.

Last edited by fistofrage; 12-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »