Home

Recommended slider settings & other options for realistic play [updated rosters]?

This is a discussion on Recommended slider settings & other options for realistic play [updated rosters]? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recommended slider settings & other options for realistic play [updated rosters]?

Suffering from CFB withdrawal, I just picked up NCAA 2011 to pass the time until bowl season gets underway. Have just dabbled a bit so far and I want to get the game settings optimized before really sinking my teeth into the game.

Was thinking of starting with Road to Glory mode (as QB), then trying out Dynasty mode (controlling most skill positions on O, sticking with a single LB/DB on D). What are some good slider & difficulty settings, quarter lengths, etc, for realistic play? Emphasis on realism - just want stats, playcalling, and game flow to be close to real CFB rather than the usual pass-happy 5-min quarter video game.

I'm using Shakenbake33's excellent updated roster.

From just messing around as QB with default settings, long passing is really strong and 40+yd receptions are common (why call runs if you can just bomb it down the field all the time). On the flip side, QBs have no time on play action. Stuff like that I'd like to clean up across the board.

So any suggestions, recommended slider sets, etc, would be appreciated... thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Recommended slider settings & other options for realistic play [updated rosters]?

For RTG QB mode, try

All-American
speed threshold 60
QB accuracy 15
WR catching 40
CPU pass coverage 55

(lot of time in pocket but play action easier)
pass blocking 55
cpu pass rush 45
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Recommended slider settings & other options for realistic play [updated rosters]?

Will try those out, thanks. What length quarters do you recommend?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
Will try those out, thanks. What length quarters do you recommend?
I play 9 min. 8-10 min gives accurate # of plays.. Depends on how fast you call plays and spend time audibling/reading defense. NCAA average is 67 plays/game (excluding special teams)
Old 12-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Rockin. So you leave all the other sliders the same (for RTG QB mode) and it plays realistically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
Rockin. So you leave all the other sliders the same (for RTG QB mode) and it plays realistically?
I only adjust the sliders that directly effect my player. I also sim non QB running plays. So catching, accuracy, pass blocking are the main ones. You could also adjust the running settings (run blocking, cpu run defense) if you are a scrambling or option QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »