Home

Djwlfpack's hybrid sliders

This is a discussion on Djwlfpack's hybrid sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Djwlfpack's hybrid sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I also use Ask Coach, but only for offense.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't finish the game. I know a lot of people that were turned off after the last patch/tuner. I guess I've just chosen to accept the game for what it is and try and make the most of it.

What's weird is that while I can still enjoy NCAA, I can't do the same with Madden. I have to force myself, it seems, to play it and I just can't get into the groove. I think I'm enjoying NCAA more b/c I haven't really played much college football this generation of consoles.

Thanks for the feedback. In the time that you did play, was there anything glaring that you thought should be changed?
There were no glaring issues, that I could tell. I was playing as Wisconsin and was running all over TCU, which with there O-line ratings is expected.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

i have found that while using ask coach, the CPU does some really freaky things. They jump snap more and use that unstoppable swim move more when you ask coach plays.

I started calling my own, and instantly the jump snap stopped (well reduced a lot), and the unstoppable swim move went from being 85% of the time to about 15% of the time...made the game a ton more enjoyable on the AA level.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I use ask coach, and pick one of the three options provided. I will allow myself to audible only when i know for a fact that the play i just picked has disaster written all over it (ie. blitzes). I try not to exploit the game, but EA needs to fix the ability of the slot receiver to run free each time. i won't allow myself to pick that play or send a slot guy on a fly pattern... it's a good game, but still, too many holes. and i gave up on madden weeks ago...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Played a real competitve Rose Bowl game today, using TCU, I beat Wisconsin 28-21. Stats were pretty even across the board. Wisconsin probably would've won as they were running the ball really well, but I had a couple of long 2nd half drives to keep the ball out of Clay's hands.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Took these into my FSU Dynasty (I'm in Year 3 now) and in my first two games, beat USF 42-6 and Boston College 20-17.

Really liking the feel of these sliders. The CPU is definitely a threat on the ground and I think overall, the game is very balanced.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Wow, what a game I just had with these sliders! In a preview of tonight's Orange Bowl, I matched up Virginia Tech and Stanford, with myself controlling the Cardinal. In a three-overtime thriller, Stanford won 44-41. This game wound up being ranked No. 2 on my ESPN Classic list.

The final score is very misleading as through three quarters this game was a defensive slugfest, tied at 10. Both teams scored a pair of touchdowns in the fourth and after each scoring on the first two possessions of OT, I held VT to a field goal in the third series and managed to score the game-winner on a nice 4-yard toss play.

Here's some team stats

Total Offense: Stanford 478, VT 472
Rushing: Stanford 33-110-3, VT 31-147-2
Passing: Stanford 18-35-368-4 (TD), VT 19-33-325-2
Turnovers: Stanford 2 (both INTs), VT 1 (INT)
Sacks: Stanford 3, VT 6 (they really got after Luck)
Punts: Stanford 4, VT 4
Time of Possession: Stanford 17:16, VT 14:44
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Just finished another great game with this slider set ... unfortunately, I came out on the losing side this time as No. 12 Miami defeated No. 3 Florida State 24-21 in Miami.

The Canes did a great job of taking away my running game and Manuel was off-target on a few of his throws, two of which were intercepted. Chris Thompson also lost 2 fumbles and the 24-7 fourth quarter deficit proved too much to come back from.

So, another year (I'm in Year 3) and likely, another year with no National Championship. I lost 1 game my first year (won the Orange Bowl over Boise St.), went 13-0 in Year 2, only to get smoked 30-0 by Alabama in the BCS Championship. Now, I'm 3-1 and with 10 undefeated teams still out there (I'm ranked No. 9 now), I doubt I get a chance to get to the title game, even if I do run the table.

At least I am set with my sliders. The games have been great and I think it plays close to the pre-patch feel of the game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Ran back the BCS Championship game today and sorry Ducks fans, Auburn won again. The final score was 34-32. Auburn hit a 40-yard FG with 30 seconds to go to win it.

I controlled Oregon and despite losing Thomas to injury in the 3rd quarter, I managed to take a 32-31 lead late in the 4th (went for 2 and got it) but couldn't hold down Cam & Co.

Michael Dyer went for over 150 yards on the ground, including an 84-yard TD run. Newton had a couple of bruising runs himself. My running game was hit-and-miss but I did throw for over 300 yards with Thomas and Nate Costa. Newton also threw for 300-plus and was the Player of the Game.

All in all it was a really great experience. These sliders have been consistently producing ESPN Classic games for me, and I've been playing NCAA 11 since it dropped.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »