Home

All American harder or tone down Heisman

This is a discussion on All American harder or tone down Heisman within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All American harder or tone down Heisman

I've found default Heisman to be a little ridiculous as far as how well the CPU opponent plays. I want to play with the sliders settings to make things a little more realistic (and I've looked at several posted here). Before I do that, I have a basic question: Do you think it's better to start with All American and make that more challenging or start with Heisman and get it in line with reality?

Can you no longer see the recruits' individual attribute ratings as letter grades while recruiting? I came from NCAA 09, and this was helpful to concentrate on my game and focus my recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: All American harder or tone down Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview
I've found default Heisman to be a little ridiculous as far as how well the CPU opponent plays. I want to play with the sliders settings to make things a little more realistic (and I've looked at several posted here). Before I do that, I have a basic question: Do you think it's better to start with All American and make that more challenging or start with Heisman and get it in line with reality?

Can you no longer see the recruits' individual attribute ratings as letter grades while recruiting? I came from NCAA 09, and this was helpful to concentrate on my game and focus my recruiting.
Crank up All-AMerican and you can see the attributes by hitting the right bumper.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preview

I personally love Heisman, it is hard to adjust to it when you go from AA default to Heisman. Try to find an easy set and when you become accustom to how Heisman plays just bump them up little by little.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII
I personally love Heisman, it is hard to adjust to it when you go from AA default to Heisman. Try to find an easy set and when you become accustom to how Heisman plays just bump them up little by little.
If you love Heisman, give my AA sliders a try. I have been a Heisman guy all of my life, but I think I have my AA sliders playing as hard as Heisman, with a better feel.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIx Nautica xII

I think the relevance of my question fits this thread.

I have noticed on AA the AI QB will NOT tuck and run when no one is open, there is open field in front of him, and he is about to get hit. Basically the AI qb will stay in the pocket until either someone is open or he gets sacked. I did not know this as I have only played vs user this year. This makes the game incredibly unrealistic when playing teams like aub or baylor.

This is too bad since the AI is not afraid to use slow developing QB run plays from shotgun with slow pocket passers.

Do the QB's on Heisman tuck and run ever during pass plays? If so then I need to start testing Heisman sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriluk
I think the relevance of my question fits this thread.

I have noticed on AA the AI QB will NOT tuck and run when no one is open, there is open field in front of him, and he is about to get hit. Basically the AI qb will stay in the pocket until either someone is open or he gets sacked. I did not know this as I have only played vs user this year. This makes the game incredibly unrealistic when playing teams like aub or baylor.

This is too bad since the AI is not afraid to use slow developing QB run plays from shotgun with slow pocket passers.

Do the QB's on Heisman tuck and run ever during pass plays? If so then I need to start testing Heisman sliders.
No, its an issue with the game. I think because 13 year olds hated getting burned by scrambling QB's and cried about it, EA basically eliminated it.

You may want to do a test that I have been meaning to do for a while. Put QBA accauracy up to 100 and see if that effects their awareness to scramble. I will say that I do see the QB scramble a bit more on AA with QBA accuracy at 25 vs Heisman with an Accuracy of 10, but at most I have seen them take off 5 times per game. You don't have to gameplan and spy the QB like you did on the PS2 versions. Disappointing.

When the game first came out, the AI would miss passes even on default sliders, the passing game felt right, but in patch 1, EA decided to bring back Robo QB so most slider sets have decreased AI QB accuracy.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Hi fistofrage, which ps2 version do you think plays the best? I've heard ncaa 06 was good, how was 06/07/08 on ps2?
Old 01-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Hi fistofrage, which ps2 version do you think plays the best? I've heard ncaa 06 was good, how was 06/07/08 on ps2?
all three of those were good. i enjoyed 08 the most tho, only because it as the last one i played on ps2 i guess

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »