Home

"Fast" Game Speed

This is a discussion on "Fast" Game Speed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Fast" Game Speed

Has anyone tried to make sliders for "Fast" Game Speed? I see lots of normal and slow. I cannot stand slow speed, as it doesn't feel real to me, even if I have more time to react and such, I like the quick speed that is evident when watching a football game. I use normal speed, but then I tried fast with chia51's sliders from the "Updated Coaching Sliders" thread (great sliders btw!) and it was rather fun. I had threshold set to 0, however. I played with Oregon and it was really fun. The pass rush came in fast, and when Lamichael James took off, he took off! It seemed more realistic speed to me.

Why aren't there fast speed sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: "Fast" Game Speed

Our OD uses fast speed and sliders tailored to it. Lots of testing with these and they work very for us. These are for AA-level players playing a realistic dynasty with bylaws etc...

http://ncaafootballhq.com/forums/vie....php?f=14&t=10
Old 03-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Our OD uses fast speed and sliders tailored to it. Lots of testing with these and they work very for us. These are for AA-level players playing a realistic dynasty with bylaws etc...

http://ncaafootballhq.com/forums/vie....php?f=14&t=10
Thanks! I have to try these.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I agree with you. I feel that slow and normal feel too sluggish and I can't stand playing on those speeds. So I play on fast speed with speed slider at about 15 or so. The game is definitely more intense. I have some sliders that I like so far, but I'm still tweaking them.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Except "Slow" is the actual speed a college football game is played at. These are inexperienced kids. I remember watching an SEC game last year where the speed the game was played at seemed even SLOWER than NCAA11's slowest speed.

What's the one thing rookies in the NFL ALWAYS say? It's always about how much quicker the NFL is compared to college.

I play NCAA on Slow, Madden on Normal/Fast. Really the only realistic way to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Except "Slow" is the actual speed a college football game is played at. These are inexperienced kids. I remember watching an SEC game last year where the speed the game was played at seemed even SLOWER than NCAA11's slowest speed.

What's the one thing rookies in the NFL ALWAYS say? It's always about how much quicker the NFL is compared to college.

I play NCAA on Slow, Madden on Normal/Fast. Really the only realistic way to play.
No obviously you haven't watched much football. NCAA should be played at fast, it doesn't take 7 seconds to run 40 yards. The fast players should be, fast. They are the ones who make it to the NFL. They don't all the sudden get faster once they get to the NFL. Madden should be a little faster than NCAA.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizegoblue
No obviously you haven't watched much football. NCAA should be played at fast, it doesn't take 7 seconds to run 40 yards. The fast players should be, fast. They are the ones who make it to the NFL. They don't all the sudden get faster once they get to the NFL. Madden should be a little faster than NCAA.
Exactly. My only problem is that I can't makes reads quick enough when it's set to fast!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier

I have to disagree. FAST speed is much closer to the speed you see on Saturdays from the real thing. If you look at gameplay footage from lastgen you'll notice its even FASTER than FAST speed on NCAA 11.

That said, it's a video game, and you should play it at the speed that brings you the most enjoyment. If that's SLOW speed then more power to you. If you want it to "feel" more like the speed of the real game then like me you'll go with FAST. I'd even try FASTER but I'm afraid players would warp around the field online lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »