Home

Coach Mode - Will sliders affect it?

This is a discussion on Coach Mode - Will sliders affect it? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Mode - Will sliders affect it?

I just stumbled upon this mode because I wanted to see the new broadcast camera. The thing I noticed with tweaked sliders is there is not much scoring.

So I figure maybe increasing quarter length would help with that but still leave the sliders where they were at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

8 minute quarters work well for normal coach mode games.. Any thoughts on a quarter length for OC / DC games in Dynasty?
Old 07-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #27
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritoch42
8 minute quarters work well for normal coach mode games.. Any thoughts on a quarter length for OC / DC games in Dynasty?
8 works good depending on you playcalling style you should get about 125 plays total.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #28
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

OVR: 2

New to Operation Sports but had to join once I saw you guys talking about Coach Mode.
Been playing coach mode for has long as I can remember. Had a couple of questions reguarding coach mode and thought you guys could help....

Questions
1 - Is there a difference in the way the sliders effect Auto Throw Mode vs Coach Mode?
2- I started a new coaching career for say. I started my career as the OC for Army and want to work my way up. I run a Pro Style Offence. I am having a terrible time with the players on Army's rosters. Receivers dropping balls. QB over throwing wide open receivers. Knowing Armys default offence is the option, do you believe the players can have a direct effect on the type of offence you run as a coach. If so am I better off switching mid-season back to the Option and then continuing to try and recruit players that better fit the system I want to run?

Thanks in advance ...

Cage

Last edited by xCAGEx; 07-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
New to Operation Sports but had to join once I saw you guys talking about Coach Mode.
Been playing coach mode for has long as I can remember. Had a couple of questions reguarding coach mode and thought you guys could help....

Questions
1 - Is there a difference in the way the sliders effect Auto Throw Mode vs Coach Mode?
2- I started a new coaching career for say. I started my career as the OC for Army and want to work my way up. I run a Pro Style Offence. I am having a terrible time with the players on Army's rosters. Receivers dropping balls. QB over throwing wide open receivers. Knowing Armys default offence is the option, do you believe the players can have a direct effect on the type of offence you run as a coach. If so am I better off switching mid-season back to the Option and then continuing to try and recruit players that better fit the system I want to run?

Thanks in advance ...

Cage
First off glad to see another coach moder here As far as auto-throw vs Coach mode.You can play either as coach,but if you don't do traditional coach mode you have to control kicks.As for question 2.In my opinion the players ratings definately effect the style.I would stay with the option or a run-heavy attack,but recruit for your pro-style offense
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 07-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

To add....as a fellow coach mode. Yes, some players just can't play the style you might want to play. I have took Vandy....the QB's awarness is around 56 or so and he can't find the open man or he is getting rid of the ball before the WR breaks. Also, using my teams vs team sliders (which I will post later on after testing) my QB slider is around 30...because of his rating.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #31
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

I'm also a big fan of how QB's play to their style. My CPU with ASU is a pocket passer and he never looks to run. I just played USC and Matt Barkley who is a pocket passer never ran against me. If you play with/against scramblers they will take off running a number of times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

WOW! Finally after all these years I finally find some like minded players. I have been playing coach mode for years, and usually only buy a game if it includes it. But I'm usually shot down in forums for being weird or stupid. I am also trying to find some sliders that will render the most realistic game stats. I find that only minor adjustments can be made. I play in AA level. I will wait for some good sliders from you in this thread. I think we are on our own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders »