Home

Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
Rookie

DuffHouse12's Arena

OVR: 9
Quarter Length?

Been doing the stock 5 min quarters through play now and it seems fine. maybe on the brief side but the scores are all modest in the close games. haven't hung up 50 yet but i just chalked that up to playing on Heisman.

what does everyone use in the Dynasty and what are the #s like?
The Grateful Dead
Phish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quarter Length?

I use 8 min quarters for my dynasty. try to get a realistic amount of plays for each team. might bump it up to 9 tho
Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

9 min seems to give me realistic play amounts usually between 65-75 per team
Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7
8-9 for realistic number of plays.
Nhl-Sharks
College sports-Miami Hurricanes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Like I say in other threads, every one plays a different style of game so there is no answer. Just do testing yourself. Use a ratio. See what adding 4 minutes a game would do to the totals.

I play 10 minute quarters and get anywhere from 125-150, and I imagine if I had 2 no huddle teams, I'd get up into the 160's. This is exactly in the NCAA range of last year. TCU had the min at 125 plays a game. OU had the max at 161 plays a game. OU even managed to hit 171 total in a game against Ok State. Don't know the fewest, but I imagine it isn't much below 120 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

I like to get the realistic amount of plays yes and realistic stats but at the same time the T.O.P. matters to me. I try to use minutes that would reflect a real NCAA game or what I used last year for a real NFL game on MADDEN 11,But on MADDEN 12 Minutes with 15 sec runoff gave perfect stats and T.O.P from 30-35 minutes a game. So in NCAA 12 theres no runoff so I have tried 10 minutes and was seeing 24-26 minutes of T.O.P. usually the winning team. Been testing 12 minutes this morning and love the stats but at half time it was 20 minutes T.O.P. for me and the CPU was 13 minutes T.O.P. You see if you use 10 minute qtrs you would think thats about 5 minutes for you and 5 for the CPU or other USER so that would only equal out to 20 minute T.O.P. games. We need between 7-10 minutes T.O.P each qtr early in the game to get close to a real 30 minute T.O.P. games. (Hope that makes sense)

The way I usually caculate is a real NFL and maybe NCAA game is about 60 minutes with commercials etc. So on a vidoe game I would say about 40 minutes so 10 minute qtrs would probably be the way to go. People that dont do long drives and air it out all day would probably have high score games on 10-12 minutes but people who run the ball more making longer drives eating the clock up would have more realistic stats.

Last edited by Houston; 07-20-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

You will NOT get realistic TOP in this game. The computer rushes too much. Even a traditional offense will probably have less than you, but it wont' be as bad. Play a no huddle team and they will be well below you. Worry about the plays and stats. By the time you found a good setup to get all of them with TOP, you would be playing NCAA 13.

And it is realistic for some teams to air it out and score a lot a game. See Oregon. It is realistic for some teams to have lots of plays. See Oklahoma. They managed it all in the same period of time.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm getting great results with 9-minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »