Home

***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders***

This is a discussion on ***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders*** within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #49
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: ***NCAA 12 Release Day Sliders***

Played a few, Great set except the long ball is always there.. posts, flyes, verts, etc. I think passing is broken... I hate to use a no verticals house rule cuz you do run verts in real life n big plays do happen.. But they're money plays n it's frustrating as hell... So I put CPU pass cov to 75 and threshold to 25, this tightened it up quite a bit... Still some money plays. Then I put threshold back to zero n jacked CPU cov to 100... Yea sill happened and still completed passes over middle, outs, everything. These sliders are good. I think passing is broken. Inbet well see a patch at some point. This happened on heisman too.. I can't be SO good that 100 pas cov on heisman is too easy.... Wtf
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #50
Rookie

Mergz1203's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Played a few, Great set except the long ball is always there.. posts, flyes, verts, etc. I think passing is broken... I hate to use a no verticals house rule cuz you do run verts in real life n big plays do happen.. But they're money plays n it's frustrating as hell... So I put CPU pass cov to 75 and threshold to 25, this tightened it up quite a bit... Still some money plays. Then I put threshold back to zero n jacked CPU cov to 100... Yea sill happened and still completed passes over middle, outs, everything. These sliders are good. I think passing is broken. Inbet well see a patch at some point. This happened on heisman too.. I can't be SO good that 100 pas cov on heisman is too easy.... Wtf
Agreed. Seems like four verticals has been broken for a few generations now. I do have some house rules when I play(first page). Its not the way I would like to play but the AI is never going to be good enough to play straight up IMO.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #51
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah I have house rules as well. That is a reality with EA football games I am used to, so it is part of the playing experience.

I too use coach pick on 90% of my plays. However if I feel the down and situation warrants a better choice I will do it (I limit myself to 2 overrides per half). No switch rule on defense. No user catch on offense. No user INT. I want the player ratings to dictate those outcomes. I don't use money plays. I limit my audibles, I rarely hot route unless I read a truly blown coverage about to happen (no reason you should not reward your football IQ when it happens).

This year the cpu AI is much much better. I am overall extremely pleased with the game as a whole.

I am seeing so many new tackle animations as well as some great catch animations. And kicking BTW is a tough task. With these settings you must focus.

I also have instituted a sim and watch rule on punt/KO plays for my team. I am leaving my punting and kick of duties to my cpu teammates. I handle all FG and EP.
I am really digging the broadcast camera view and watched a few defensive series. Although I am playing as a head coach I am taking the approach that I am more of the offensive mind on the team. I like to play defense but when i was up by 12 to start the 3rd quarter last night I went ahead and watched my defense play a couple of series. It was very cool. Once Maryland scored on their second series of the second half I took over again.

Anyway, again killer slider set and enjoy this years game!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #52
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Anyupdates to the set?
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Anyupdates to the set?
I think what you should do is use this base as a set and make some custom tweaks to get it to where "you" like it.

That is the beauty of the community slider forums. Use the knowledge as a launching pad and customize from there. I made only one tweak to this set. But I am sure I will have a few more before it is all said and done. But I am sure many would not tweak to my values. So I am not going to post them unless asked.

It is all personal preference.

What you end doing sometimes is constantly changing if you get too crazy about it. Play the game a lot.....it's fun!

Peace.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #54
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Lol Ive had it since midnight release n played a out 12 hours a day. Maybe u could pm ur set? Imtrying different combos n making my own .. Almost there, really jst the passinggame like I said to eliminate the long ball with sliders, not so much just not using vertts, bc ifur down 10 n need a big play I don't want It be automatic I wanna know 70-80% of the time I won't get that catch... That's realism. So of u don't mid pm me ur set? If not I understand. Thanks either wY
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #55
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Lol Ive had it since midnight release n played a out 12 hours a day. Maybe u could pm ur set? Imtrying different combos n making my own .. Almost there, really jst the passinggame like I said to eliminate the long ball with sliders, not so much just not using vertts, bc ifur down 10 n need a big play I don't want It be automatic I wanna know 70-80% of the time I won't get that catch... That's realism. So of u don't mid pm me ur set? If not I understand. Thanks either wY

The only adjustments I made to this set are the following:

Speed Threshold to 25 - I nromally love it on zero but like you and may others I have seen too many deep balls. It is a slight problem. This has solved it.

CPU Run Defense - 90 - I want some semblence of a running game and 100 was really making it too tough. My guys would not hold there blocks at all on thie slider setting. It has worked well. Last night I played Ohio State (lost 24-3) game was 3-0 at the half (I was winning). I could not run the ball though most of the game but I did break off a few nice runs but overall had a rough day against a great defense. My opening day game I ran like a beast....and I should against weaker the teams. 90 feels right.

Hum FGA 35 - I am not great with the sticks on FG's This feels realistic for me. I make some I miss some, I even miss EP's here and there. But it is also not unforgiving like the setting on the first page.

So as you can see this slider set is awesome....I made 3 tweaks for my skill level....and I have been playing ever since.

Enjoy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #56
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have seriously never had this much fun with any console football game.

I just finished a heartbreaking OT loss at NC (cpu). I am UM and I battled back down 10 at the half. After a coffin corner punt by the cpu 1 and 10 from the one yard line...controller shaking...lines squiggling etc. Lamar Miller takes a handoff straight up the gut in my goaline set and goes untouched for 99 yards and a TD.

A thing of beauty.

There QB Renner a true scrambler did just that and ate me up for 17 carries and 67 yards.

A.Blue tore through me for 27 carries and 147 yards.

Final score NC - 25 UM - 22

This game is rocking and rolling and these sliders are the ****.

Great stuff.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-16-2011 at 10:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »