Home

Differences in Heisman and All American.

This is a discussion on Differences in Heisman and All American. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Differences in Heisman and All American.

I have been toying around with Heisman and All American and I have noticed a few things. On Heisman my biggest complaint is that teams try way too many long FG's. Other than that I am really liking Heisman, but I can't stand that issue and it seems the CPU doesn't scramble as much(not really sure, but not as big a difference as the demo). Those two issues are big and made me try out AA.

When trying out AA I noticed the AA has psychic play calling. I was shocked to see this. On Heisman I am able to run the ball from the shotgun because they don't come out in a 4-3 against my 4 wide set, yet on AA I have seen the AI stack the box nearly every time I call a read option, draw, or any other run play from the shotgun. Even from one back formations under center with 3-4 WR's on the field the CPU still comes out knowing I called run. I don't understand how this happens on AA, but not Heisman.

Is anyone else noticing these issues? I really want to go with Heisman, but it's annoying that the AI gives me the ball way too many times at midfield because they feel they'll make 55+ yard FG's. Maybe I just need to start using a house rule where I return all those FG's to the 20 and then run out of bounds or fall down.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Differences in Heisman and All American.

yeah, i def noticed that on Heisman they attempt way to many long field goals from 55 plus..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I have been toying around with Heisman and All American and I have noticed a few things. On Heisman my biggest complaint is that teams try way too many long FG's. Other than that I am really liking Heisman, but I can't stand that issue and it seems the CPU doesn't scramble as much(not really sure, but not as big a difference as the demo). Those two issues are big and made me try out AA.

When trying out AA I noticed the AA has psychic play calling. I was shocked to see this. On Heisman I am able to run the ball from the shotgun because they don't come out in a 4-3 against my 4 wide set, yet on AA I have seen the AI stack the box nearly every time I call a read option, draw, or any other run play from the shotgun. Even from one back formations under center with 3-4 WR's on the field the CPU still comes out knowing I called run. I don't understand how this happens on AA, but not Heisman.

Is anyone else noticing these issues? I really want to go with Heisman, but it's annoying that the AI gives me the ball way too many times at midfield because they feel they'll make 55+ yard FG's. Maybe I just need to start using a house rule where I return all those FG's to the 20 and then run out of bounds or fall down.

I have to disagree here.. I played Michigan today(on heisman of course) and Robinson and the backup QB scrambled on me a nice amount of times.. I was in shocked and excited at the same time because it felt good knowing the CPU is now a threat to scramble on me. They were getting some nice gains too and Robinson looked real quick when he did. I knocked him out the game and the backup came in and scrambled a few times..
Old 07-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I was just messing around on AA too using Oregon vs. Stanford, and they came out in base all the damn time when I was running from spread sets. I think there's something going on there.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I was just messing around on AA too using Oregon vs. Stanford, and they came out in base all the damn time when I was running from spread sets. I think there's something going on there.
Yea, it's strange that it doesn't happen on Heisman, but it does on All American. That's opposite of last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I have to disagree here.. I played Michigan today(on heisman of course) and Robinson and the backup QB scrambled on me a nice amount of times.. I was in shocked and excited at the same time because it felt good knowing the CPU is now a threat to scramble on me. They were getting some nice gains too and Robinson looked real quick when he did. I knocked him out the game and the backup came in and scrambled a few times..
I haven't played enough teams with scrambling QB's, but the ones I have were MWC teams, so they were not the best example teams. This is good news for me because in the demo QB's hardly scrambled on Heisman. If this is fixed in the retail version, then I am very happy and will be sticking with Heisman because the only problem then for me will be the FG's.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

I haven't played enough teams with scrambling QB's, but the ones I have were MWC teams, so they were not the best example teams. This is good news for me because in the demo QB's hardly scrambled on Heisman. If this is fixed in the retail version, then I am very happy and will be sticking with Heisman because the only problem then for me will be the FG's.
Just got through playing Ohio State and Terrell Pryor kept taking off on me.. Scrambled for a 38 yarder on me. It was a thing of beauty.. My friend said he was playing his dynasty against Baylor earliar and Griffin almost had a 100 yards on him. I'm definitely confident this was fixed in the patch because they are scrambling.. Test it out against some scrambling QBs when you get a chance..
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Jarrod you must have been standing over my shoulder. I just ended my Michigan vs Ohio St game.

Terrelle Pryor had 9 scrambles for 98 yards in the 1st quarter ALONE. He ended the game with 16 scrambles for 167 yards rushing. I HAD TO SPY HIM FOR 3 QUARTERS. Then had like 200 passing yards.

It was like pick your poision. When I spy him he would just roll out and throw it to WR who snuck behind my spying line backer or safety.

Despite ALL THAT.....only lost by 14 points. My QB and star WR got knocked out the game in the 1st half.

Over all I must Heisman in retail is a thing of beauty other then the long FGs. They run smarter and behave smarter all around. RBs run with a purpose. Kick returners return the ball with a purpose.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Jarrod you must have been standing over my shoulder. I just ended my Michigan vs Ohio St game.

Terrelle Pryor had 9 scrambles for 98 yards in the 1st quarter ALONE. He ended the game with 16 scrambles for 167 yards rushing. I HAD TO SPY HIM FOR 3 QUARTERS. Then had like 200 passing yards.

It was like pick your poision. When I spy him he would just roll out and throw it to WR who snuck behind my spying line backer or safety.

Despite ALL THAT.....only lost by 14 points. My QB and star WR got knocked out the game in the 1st half.

Over all I must Heisman in retail is a thing of beauty other then the long FGs. They run smarter and behave smarter all around. RBs run with a purpose. Kick returners return the ball with a purpose.
Yeah man I can't believe how great this game is playing.. Its unbelievable really.. I'm having so much fun playing it. I been adjusting sliders and stuff trying to get the CPU on point because they're still kind of struggling against me but I'm getting close. I blasted Ohio St. in that game 38-6 but just had a good one against Boise where I barely pulled it off 27-24. The was the best game I had since I got the game. I'll be dropping those beast(Heisman) sliders soon.. But some of the stuff I've seen is amazing especially the scrambling QB. Great job EA.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 07-14-2011 at 04:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »