Home

mkharsh33 Varsity / Slow Speed / 8 Min

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 Varsity / Slow Speed / 8 Min within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #785
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 Varsity / Slow Speed / 8 Min

Let me give things a look, PM. Just to let you know I have gotten the boot from the Madden threads by one of the mods so I will have no access to my thread for sliders or be able to post anywhere in the Madden threads (I was called out for "trolling" for making negative remarks about EA's poor rosters). Let the guys know there that they will have to carry on that work as I cannot get into any Madden threads (until next year's game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #786
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Is this where Mike left off at?

If so i have some ideas for this set....I'm going to DL cparrish roster file because he does a lot of things i usually when re-rating the players

I report my findings to Mike and Mike only because this is his thread

OFFENSE (user / cpu):
QBA- 0 / 80
PASS BLK- 25 / 90
WR CATCH- 15 / 80
RBA- 40 / 80
Run Block- 25 / 90

DEFENSE (user / cpu):
Pass Coverage- 20 /50
Pass Rush- 20 / 100
Int- 15 / 100
Run Defense- 0 / 100
Tkl- 20 / 80
is this with or without the patch? also, speed threshold? thanks!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #787
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Let me give things a look, PM. Just to let you know I have gotten the boot from the Madden threads by one of the mods so I will have no access to my thread for sliders or be able to post anywhere in the Madden threads (I was called out for "trolling" for making negative remarks about EA's poor rosters). Let the guys know there that they will have to carry on that work as I cannot get into any Madden threads (until next year's game).
WTH

why they being that way towards you....

Hell even i will admit myself EA does a poor job with their rosters and gameplay out of the box....

I will test these sliders using cparrish roster file and report back to you....also i haven't really paid attention much but are you guys saying don't use the patch?

I thought they were fixing DB AI issues on the deep ball which was my only complaint and the reason why i didn't play it much at all

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #788
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

MK you got booted from Madden? Not surprising since the mods are really picky with that game. I very rarely dip my toes in there and will be staying away now that you've been banned.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #789
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1

with the 8/21 OS Comm rosters, do your sliders with the patch work well?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #790
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1

woahhh idk it is a one time thing, but USF RB ran 7 carries for 324 and two TDs in the first quater... this is with 8/21 comm rosters with patch
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #791
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I deleted both the patch and the tuner update from my ps3. I saw someone in another thread suggest to go without the patch but keep the tuner update. Any suggestions on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #792
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Just kinda glancing over somethings with the rosters....I decided to view them without any changes made juust straight EA default rosters no names just #'s

I think it's possible to play with Human RBA setting lower and the OL higher.

This is college ball and my thinking is the OL should dictate in a sense how good some of the RB's perform.

Most College RB's are usually a product of their OL....kinda like how most QB's are a product of the system and also their WR's ability to simply make plays.

It's possible to reduce the CPU tackle slider down from 80 to match the reduced RBA slider.

RBA slider as far as speed and acceleration can manufactored through the Player Speed Threshold....since this is Varsity level the CPU IMO isn't on any juices really maximum the Player Speed threshold might actually be the best way to go becuse it takes away seperation.

If you think about it how many guys truly have 90+ speed

I'm not talking about the speed given to them by EA that crap is OVERATED big time. Too many people complain about their 90 speed WR being caught from behind by a 80 speed DB....but in reality that 90 Speed WR 9/10 is probably not really a 4.30-4.40 player to begin with....

So if you think of it on those terms you'll be accept the reduced speration which ulitmatley leads to more competive games.

The reason why i pointed out the RBA slider as the starting point is because every offensive player in the game from QB, RB, FB, WR and TE has to touch the ball. You use the RBA slider to control several factors

1). Defensive pusuit is going to look 10x's better simply because the RBA slider is allowing the defense to pursue the ball quicker.

2). RBA slider can be used to manufacture turnovers better without really having to set the gameplan to aggressive tackling.

Basically Mkharsh has a set that proves some settings on the lower end can still be very effective.

I don't believe the CPU is incapable of running unless they have 80 RBA slider....I have a set of sliders from NCAA 11 that CPU RB's can dominate on 50 RBA

It is tied into their Vision which is their ability to see and spot open lanes...but here's the thing EA does a really poor job with rating Ball carrier vision iin this game.

So RB's seem very pedestrain at best....they don't reccognize their surroundings very well....but what if you take sliders from a defensive perspective and match What EA has to offer to compensate for those poor lackluster ratings

Instead of making RB's break tackle to register decent yards how about tricking the engine and making them look more elusive in their running style while the power back still behaves in a physical way.

Since we are using the No Switch Rule on Defense I think it's possible for some CPU sliders on offense to be scaled back with the QBA sliders between the two showing the biggest seperation at 100 CPU and 0 Human

The reason being is because Awareness even at 100 QBA for the CPU is going to still play a major role in their decision making and ability to read the defense. Varisty level is not like Heisman where 100 QBA makes all QB's deadly...the game is more organic on the field meaning 100 represents the slider setting but it does not represent the players actual ability during gameplay.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »