Home

Zero Sliders (AA or Heisman)

This is a discussion on Zero Sliders (AA or Heisman) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Zero Sliders (AA or Heisman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i left kicking at default, just didnt feel like testing it then. im gonna mess with that today, but more than likely settle on what everyone in the slider forums thinks works best. also, on Heisman the cpu does attempt way to many fg's from 55 yards etc. only on Heisman though!!

well, i stink lol, so AA played very good for me. a solid challenge. now Heisman gave me a great challenge and if i didnt focus the whole game i for sure would have been beat.

a few tweaks and i think both levels with zero or close to zero sliders will play a great game of football. IMO..

Playmakers, what do you think of slow speed and 0 speed threshold this year?
I've been playing around with mkharsh set to offer him some feedback on his sliders

i'll fire yours up tonight for a few games and see what you've done here

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-14-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #18
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've been playing around with mkharsh set to offer him some feedback on his sliders

i'll fire your up tonight a few games and see what you've done here
sounds good, although these really aren't my sliders so to speak lol.. just wanted to see what everyone thought of zeroed out sliders. i dont want to catch a deeper fever than i already have with the slideritis!! lol

i didnt realize MK's had threshold at 25... thought it was at 0.. but yeah, let me know what you think of that at 0. heck try it out on his sliders as well, curious as to if it would play the same.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #19
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

i'll fire yours up tonight for a few games and see what you've done here
Thought you weren't doing sliders this year!!!???

It's an addiction lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Thought you weren't doing sliders this year!!!???

It's an addiction lol
LOL!

I haven't done any sliders.....i've just given feedback on other people's sliders.

For example with fiddy sliders i discovered that the WR catch slider is way too over powered this year.

I see no reason for it to be other than ZERO like he stated

As it stands right now i think the WR's regardless of ratings will dominate any DB in this game on the deep ball.

You could have Deion Sanders at CB and it won't matter if the WR is a slow guy like Tom Waddle he'll still make plays deep....

At 1st i thought it was a issue with the lower level and pass coverage but fiddy's sliders are on heisman mode and it still was very noticeable

So it's not that i'm making sliders i just use the settings that are posted by the other slider makers this year and speak about what i've noticed with those settings.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Are you guys testing this with just awesome teams? Or are you throwing in some teams like Army and Tulane?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:

because of the new tackling engine.....players don't really have that ability to trigger unrealsitic broken tackles like in years past..

Run Defense 0 and Tackle 0 might actually offer the best CPU running game in years IMO
I'm utilizing this thought on Varsity.
AA doesn't allow players to have a burst, even with the Threshold at 0 and the game plays more fluid.

Passing:
Me = 0/5, CPU = 20
I've re-reated all QB's to be in-line with generated players..
AWR = 45-65 (top QB's like Luck, Moore, Keenan are higher)
Arm STR = 70-88 (some are in the 90's)
Accuracy = 60-85 (only handful above 90)

**These ratings on Varsity seem to allow more variance in performed passes with these settings vs on AA.

At 0, L-Stick seems too sensitive, which really forces me to be mindful of the direction I push.

At 5, I like how I can do lobs to an area of the field and try and go get the ball with my WR/TE. (the CPU does the same thing also)

Running:
Me = 45, CPU = 55
I've re-rated RB's to behave according to size/weight.
(important for 0 Tackling setting with re-rated DB's STR/Tackling Ratings)

Tackling:
Both Me and CPU = 0
I've re-rated my DB's STR/Tackling to be more realistic with player size.
-Still trying to find that sweet spot that causes a player to low (leg) tackle most of the time. (as most College DB's do)

I could go on about the other areas, but just wanted to chime in.

Because there seems to be an increase in Animation Speed on AA/Heisman, some things look/play corky-like because of the size of the player/field ratio.

Varsity seems to give animations on these Low settings more time to play out, which makes the game play/look more fluid.

To me, these settings force Ratings to be considered as you recruit and play the game because it seems to limit those hidden barriers the game places on the Hum or CPU to give the perspective of an adjusted playing challenge.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Back to Roster Editing!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I'm utilizing this thought on Varsity.
AA doesn't allow players to have a burst, even with the Threshold at 0 and the game plays more fluid.

Passing:
Me = 0/5, CPU = 20
I've re-reated all QB's to be in-line with generated players..
AWR = 45-65 (top QB's like Luck, Moore, Keenan are higher)
Arm STR = 70-88 (some are in the 90's)
Accuracy = 60-85 (only handful above 90)

**These ratings on Varsity seem to allow more variance in performed passes with these settings vs on AA.

At 0, L-Stick seems too sensitive, which really forces me to be mindful of the direction I push.

At 5, I like how I can do lobs to an area of the field and try and go get the ball with my WR/TE. (the CPU does the same thing also)

Running:
Me = 45, CPU = 55
I've re-rated RB's to behave according to size/weight.
(important for 0 Tackling setting with re-rated DB's STR/Tackling Ratings)

Tackling:
Both Me and CPU = 0
I've re-rated my DB's STR/Tackling to be more realistic with player size.
-Still trying to find that sweet spot that causes a player to low (leg) tackle most of the time. (as most College DB's do)

I could go on about the other areas, but just wanted to chime in.

Because there seems to be an increase in Animation Speed on AA/Heisman, some things look/play corky-like because of the size of the player/field ratio.

Varsity seems to give animations on these Low settings more time to play out, which makes the game play/look more fluid.

To me, these settings force Ratings to be considered as you recruit and play the game because it seems to limit those hidden barriers the game places on the Hum or CPU to give the perspective of an adjusted playing challenge.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
Back to Roster Editing!
Eventually i'll get around to editing one of the roster files......i've been too lazy right now to tweak stuff for NCAA 12

Sliders will help the gameplay stats and get the right feel of the game

Ratings will take the gameplay to another level that is why i enjoy creating rosters after sliders are all set and good to go.

I looked at some of the Option QB's and they are rated pretty damn bad IMO but hey it's only July lots of time left before i start fixing that stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »